US
✟1,100,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It contradicts only you who are taking some Psalm verse and apply it technically and literally.

(CLV) Ps 19:7
The law of Yahweh is flawless, restoring the soul; The testimony of Yahweh is faithful|, making wise the simple;

(CLV) Ps 19:8
The precepts of Yahweh are upright, rejoicing the heart; The instruction of Yahweh is pure, enlightening the eyes;

(CLV) Ps 19:9
The fear of Yahweh is clean, standing unto the future; The ordinances of Yahweh are truth; they are righteous altogether:

(CLV) Ps 19:10
Coveted more than gold, and more than much glittering gold, And sweeter than honey and syrup of the combs.

(CLV) Ps 19:11
Moreover, Your servant is being warned by them; In the keeping of them is a great consequence.

Yes, I believe we should take this literally.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really?

(CLV) Mt 5:17
"You should not |infer that I came to demolish the law or the prophets. I came not to demolish, but to fulfill.

So he didn't come to demolish the law; but he came to do away with it? Really; and what about those prophets; have all of the prophecies been fulfilled?

(CLV) Mt 5:18
For verily, I am saying to you, Till heaven and earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from the law till all should be occurring.

Heaven is still above. Earth is still below.

(CLV) Mt 5:19
"Whosoever, then, should be annulling one of the least of these precepts, and should be teaching men thus, the least in the kingdom of the heavens shall he be called. Yet whoever should be doing and teaching them, he/ shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.

Why would Yahshua say this if the law is abolished when we get to heaven?

(CLV) Mt 5:20
For I am saying to you that, if ever your righteousness should not be superabounding more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, by no means may you be entering into the kingdom of the heavens.

This sounds pretty important. What's righteousness?

righteous
adjective

righ·teous | \ ˈrī-chəs \
Definition of righteous
1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin

What about this verese?:

This is what Yahshua said just before his ascension:

(CLV) Lk 24:44
Now He said to them, "These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me."

Future tense.

Now you know I already said that I don't want to argue over this point with you. You know I believe the written law was fulfilled when Jesus said "It is finished" and that we have the new unwritten law in our hearts and are under grace. I have said my piece on this so I am not reading your post as I do not want to be drawn back into a topic that we both know neither of us are changing our views on.

14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Now you know I already said that I don't want to argue over this point with you

If you don't want to argue with me on this point; why do you keep arguing it?

You know I believe the written law was fulfilled when Jesus said "It is finished"

You can believe what you want; but you can't prove this with scripture. I already proved contrary with scripture.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don't want to argue with me on this point; why do you keep arguing it?

You can believe what you want; but you can't prove this with scripture. I already proved contrary with scripture.

I wasn't aware that I had replied to your post in here about this. Did I?

I didn't say I wouldn't discuss it with someone else or that I wasn't responding to other things that you post, just not on this topic because I believe we did it to death before.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

I already posted plenty of scripture about this on an older thread about a month or so ago.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't aware that I had replied to your post in here about this. Did I?

I didn't say I wouldn't discuss it with someone else or that I wasn't responding to other things that you post, just not on this topic because I believe we did it to death before.

I already posted plenty of scripture about this on an older thread about a month or so ago.

I'm sorry. I don't remember that discussion. That verse just jumped out at me (I think today) very recently.

I started a thread on the subject.

Maybe you have the wrong guy. Anyway, I'll try to remember not to post that scripture to you in the future.

Shalom

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry. I don't remember that discussion. That verse just jumped out at me (I think today) very recently.

I started a thread on the subject.

Maybe you have the wrong guy. Anyway, I'll try to remember not to post that scripture to you in the future.

Shalom

Well unless someone else here has the same icon and same stance on following the written law? I am terrible with names, but pictures I can remember.
If you are someone else then I apologise and will look over what you said tomorrow.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I believe we should take this literally.
You can believe whatever you want. But to make others to believe like you do, your views must be informed, objective and compelling. Just quoting Bible without broader understanding is not as compelling as some think it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You can believe whatever you want. But to make others to believe like you do, your views must be informed, objective and compelling. Just quoting Bible without broader understanding is not as compelling as some think it is.

Thanks for your opinion. I'll take the Bible over your opinion.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What do you believe Paul meant when he said the law was spiritual?

That calls me to make the assumption that I knew what Paul meant. I believe what Paul said. What that meant to Paul, you, and me, might be three different things. Spirituality is deep.

To Jesus, even the Psalms were law .

Yahshua gave us three distinct groups of what has yet to be fulfilled, just before his ascension:

Now He said to them, "These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me."

If the Psalms are the law; why would Yahshua make a distinction?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That calls me to make the assumption that I knew what Paul meant. I believe what Paul said. What that meant to Paul, you, and me, might be three different things. Spirituality is deep.

Yahshua gave us three distinct groups of what has yet to be fulfilled, just before his ascension:

If the Psalms are the law; why would Yahshua make a distinction?

I guess I wasn't very precise with the question ... what do you think those words mean based on your relationship with our Father?

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I guess I wasn't very precise with the question ... what do you think those words mean based on your relationship with our Father?

The law goes as deep as my relationship with the Father.

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The law goes as deep as my relationship with the Father.

Elaborate if you would ... such as how do the feasts relate to your relationship? To me they are very important since they are based on the cycle of seed time and harvest, which the culmination of defines for me the law of my mother, as well as the commandment of my Father..

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree. However, when it comes to the plan of salvation and how God accepts people, I have no respect for Judaizers who twist and pollute the Word of God for their own gain. Neither did Jesus or Paul.

Keeping the law in this manner you refer to is akin to proving you are a son of God ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Keeping the law in this manner you refer to is akin to proving you are a son of God ...
Evidentially, my friend. Only as seen thru the eyes of men. Thank God my aim isn't people; but the Lord.

• Friendly
Reactions: Scott Husted
Upvote 0