Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’m talking about this because I see this is all very dishonoring in the eyes of God and also disrespectful towards our other brothers in Christ who are practicing and teaching from Torah (I don’t mean just the laws but feasts, ceremonies and other things). It is your choice if you would like to follow such things or not, but it comes across very disrespectful towards your brother when you reply to them by saying ‘I’m a gentile. This is not for me’. Why do you grieve the Holy Spirit in such manner? Perhaps, God honoring reply would be something like this ‘Thanks for sharing. At present, I’m not led by the Holy Spirit to keep such practices. I shall pray about it and would keep going as the Lord leads me’. Do you not think that is more kindful towards your brother and honoring to God?
There is no good reason why saying "I am a Gentile, this is not for me" should be interpreted as disrespectful to the other person. If I were to say that, I would be talking about myself, and not about the other person. At the same time, I am recognizing and honoring what God says in the Bible to the Jews specifically, and to the Gentiles specifically. Paul minced no words with the Galatians that they were not supposed to follow parts of the Jewish law that they had adopted. Yet of the Jews who accepted Christ, he said "Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law" (Romans 3:31).

• Useful
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no good reason why saying "I am a Gentile, this is not for me" should be interpreted as disrespectful to the other person. If I were to say that, I would be talking about myself, and not about the other person. At the same time, I am recognizing and honoring what God says in the Bible to the Jews specifically, and to the Gentiles specifically. Paul minced no words with the Galatians that they were not supposed to follow parts of the Jewish law that they had adopted. Yet of the Jews who accepted Christ, he said "Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law" (Romans 3:31).

Hello @Sketcher Thank you for sharing. If you get a chance, I would appreciate if you could also share your comments on my other related threads.

Who are the Jews and Gentiles?

...So as to make Israel jealous. Romans 11:11

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How about jus
Hello again,

People sometimes say they are gentiles and ‘this doesn’t apply to them’ while the same people sometimes quote that there is neither Jew nor gentile. If I don’t practice the Jewish culture, then they say I’m a gentile. If I start to keep the Jewish culture, they say I’m a Jew. If my parents/ancestry are from Jewish line, then they say I’m a Jew even if I don’t practice that culture. And there are many such things which I won’t mention now.

I’m talking about this because I see this is all very dishonoring in the eyes of God and also disrespectful towards our other brothers in Christ who are practicing and teaching from Torah (I don’t mean just the laws but feasts, ceremonies and other things). It is your choice if you would like to follow such things or not, but it comes across very disrespectful towards your brother when you reply to them by saying ‘I’m a gentile. This is not for me’. Why do you grieve the Holy Spirit in such manner? Perhaps, God honoring reply would be something like this ‘Thanks for sharing. At present, I’m not led by the Holy Spirit to keep such practices. I shall pray about it and would keep going as the Lord leads me’. Do you not think that is more kindful towards your brother and honoring to God?

We who have accepted Christ are covered by the His blood, born again into the family of Israel and became a part of Christ. God sees us as His Chosen Israel, so why don’t we also consider to see ourselves as God sees us. Maybe not Jew, not gentile, but just as True Israel.

Thank you and God bless.

How about just as a son of God (no gender implied).

Paul being a pharisee of pharisees came to understand through the one who gave it to begin with, that it was spirit.

People often keep the law never knowing they have, much Like Caiaphas who spoke by the spirit but not realizing he had.

• Useful
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
People sometimes say they are gentiles and ‘this doesn’t apply to them’ while the same people sometimes quote that there is neither Jew nor gentile.

That sounds double minded to me.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Can you demonstrate the logic behind your thoughts that when I say "I am a gentile, this is not for me", then its "very disrespectful"?

It's sort of like going to a Eucharist, and saying, "no thanx, not for me; I had a snack before I came."

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Are you referring to old Testament law?
As a Christian I am not under Mosaic law.
Matthew 5:18
18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
I believe Jesus fulfilled this and the end came when God rent the temple curtain.

Really?

(CLV) Mt 5:17
"You should not |infer that I came to demolish the law or the prophets. I came not to demolish, but to fulfill.

So he didn't come to demolish the law; but he came to do away with it? Really; and what about those prophets; have all of the prophecies been fulfilled?

(CLV) Mt 5:18
For verily, I am saying to you, Till heaven and earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from the law till all should be occurring.

Heaven is still above. Earth is still below.

(CLV) Mt 5:19
"Whosoever, then, should be annulling one of the least of these precepts, and should be teaching men thus, the least in the kingdom of the heavens shall he be called. Yet whoever should be doing and teaching them, he/ shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.

Why would Yahshua say this if the law is abolished when we get to heaven?

(CLV) Mt 5:20
For I am saying to you that, if ever your righteousness should not be superabounding more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, by no means may you be entering into the kingdom of the heavens.

This sounds pretty important. What's righteousness?

righteous
adjective

righ·teous | \ ˈrī-chəs \
Definition of righteous
1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin

What about this verese?:

This is what Yahshua said just before his ascension:

(CLV) Lk 24:44
Now He said to them, "These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me."

Future tense.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It is not, because Law is nothing similar to Eucharist. We do not come to receive Law.

(CLV) Mt 4:4
Yet He, answering, said, "It is written, `Not on bread alone shall man be living, but on every declaration going out through the mouth of God.'"

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
(CLV) Mt 4:4
Yet He, answering, said, "It is written, `Not on bread alone shall man be living, but on every declaration going out through the mouth of God.'"
I already noticed that your theology is based on isolated verses. But we need to consider the New Testament as a whole.

Scriptures are not a list of absolute proclamations, but have their context.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Its much more frequent, like here on this forum, that Judaizers come to Christians and force the Law upon them. In such situtation, our defense is just and in the best interest of peace, unity, love and kindness. As the apostolic council did:

"We have heard that some [Judaizers] went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said."
The apostolic council to Christians from Gentiles, Ac 15:24

First off, where did you get this corrupt translation? LOL!

Here is a literal translation:

(CLV) Ac 15:24
"Since, in fact, we hear that some coming out from us disturb you with words, dismantling your souls, whom we gave not assignment,

Now if you had studied this event; you would understand that those who were disturbing the Ecclesia were pushing the Talmud on them.

Where are all of these Talmud pushers on this forum that you speak of? I've seen none.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
First off, where did you get this corrupt translation? LOL!

Here is a literal translation:

(CLV) Ac 15:24
"Since, in fact, we hear that some coming out from us disturb you with words, dismantling your souls, whom we gave not assignment,

Now if you had studied this event; you would understand that those who were disturbing the Ecclesia were pushing the Talmud on them.

Where are all of these Talmud pushers on this forum that you speak of? I've seen none.
I will not go to the pitfall of your "only one good" CLV translation that nobody else uses.

Use whatever you wish.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The freedom that we have in Christ is the freedom from lawlessness so that we can be free to obey the law, not the other way around. The opinion that we have of the law matches the opinion that we have of the Lawgiver. For example, God is trustworthy, so His law is also trustworthy (Psalms 19:7, Nehemiah 9:13), and a law that isn't trustworthy can't come from a God who is trustworthy. Likewise, a law that is holy, righteous, and good, can only come from a God who is holy, righteous, and good (Romans 7:12). David said repeatedly throughout the Psalms that he loved God's law and delighted in obeying it, which certainly matched his opinion of the Lawgiver. If we consider the Psalms to be Scripture and to therefore express a correct view of God's law, then we will share it, and will consider anything less than the view that we ought to delight in obeying it to be incompatible with the view that the Psalms are Scripture. So if you have have such a poor opinion of God's law that you consider it to be bondage, then you must have an equally poor opinion of God for giving it.

His law is also perfect like he.

(CLV) Ps 19:7
The law of Yahweh is flawless, restoring the soul; The testimony of Yahweh is faithful, making wise the simple;

If the law is perfect like he is; then you don't need to add to it, nor subtract from it. Any change would make it less than perfect.

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
His law is also perfect like he.

(CLV) Ps 19:7
The law of Yahweh is flawless, restoring the soul; The testimony of Yahweh is faithful, making wise the simple;

If the law is perfect like he is; then you don't need to add to it, nor subtract from it. Any change would make it less than perfect.
To be technical while reading poetry is really a terrible work with the text.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
To be technical while reading poetry is really a terrible work with the text.

Now He said to them, "These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me."

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Psalms are poetry and we do not read them technically, but poetically.

When I say in a poetry - "I will give you my heart", it does not mean I will cut out my heart and give it to you.

Or, when you read that the lover in the Song of Songs is "perfect", its clear its not an absolute truth, but subjective and emotional.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Psalms are poetry and we do not read them technically, but poetically

That would seem to contradict Yahshua. Is this your opinion; or can you back this assertion with scripture?

Psalms are songs written by David, a man after YHWH's own heart.

Just because I can sing it; doesn't mean that it should be diminished, in any sense, as the word of YHWH.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That would seem to contradict Yahshua. Is this your opinion; or can you back this assertion with scripture?

Psalms are songs written by David, a man after YHWH's own heart.

Just because I can sing it; doesn't mean that it should be diminished, in any sense, as the word of YHWH.
In what sense it contradicts Jesus? It contradicts only you who are taking some Psalm verse and apply it technically and literally.

You must consider genre, close context of the verse, broad context of the book and the overal context of the whole Christianity.

Upvote 0