Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
WHAT KIND OF EVIL IS THIS!? :sick:"Catholics" for a "free choice", ie. foul liberals supporting fortification and the murder of unborn babies!?

Does your Archibshops know about this? This kind of heretics (a spade is a spade) should be excommunicated for their rejection of dogma and of Christian morale and ethics! :priest:

IMHO, this why the holy inquisition is still needed, to protect Christendom from this kind of false converts. Their views are abominations and a threat to all that we stand for. It's time for a big "Deus Vult"!:mad:

Reactions: fated

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
WHAT KIND OF EVIL IS THIS!? :sick:"Catholics" for a "free choice", ie. foul liberals supporting fortification and the murder of unborn babies!?

Does your Archibshops know about this? This kind of heretics (a spade is a spade) should be excommunicated for their rejection of dogma and of Christian morale and ethics! :priest:

IMHO, this why the holy inquisition is still needed, to protect Christendom from this kind of false converts. Their views are abominations and a threat to all that we stand for. It's time for a big "Deus Vult"!:mad:
what kind of evil...? the worse possible kind.

Upvote 0

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the link. That is the FIRST time i have seen something that makes sense. It takes in to account that we do not live in a fully Catholic world and in order to bring about change, it's best to start by trying to reach those who do not share our views.

I look forward to reading more and figuring out if I got the right impression on my first look.

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the link. That is the FIRST time i have seen something that makes sense. It takes in to account that we do not live in a fully Catholic world and in order to bring about change, it's best to start by trying to reach those who do not share our views.

I look forward to reading more and figuring out if I got the right impression on my first look.

As Christians we are to work for a fairer and more just society. Including offering full rights to all humans, born and unborn.

Upvote 0

Imperiuz

Liberty will prevail
May 22, 2007
Stockholm
✟21,093.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
That is the FIRST time i have seen something that makes sense.
Then you have fallen... :|

we do not live in a fully Catholic world
That's because we have been to lazy since general Franco.

As Christians we are to work for a fairer and more just society. Including offering full rights to all humans, born and unborn.
:amen:

Upvote 0

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you have fallen... :|

That's because we have been to lazy since general Franco.

:amen:
No, and I would appreciate you not judging me like that. You can not reach people through prohibition. You've got to work from the inside out... from the bottom up... Do you want to actually make change or do you prefer to look good?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, and I would appreciate you not judging me like that. You can not reach people through prohibition. You've got to work from the inside out... from the bottom up... Do you want to actually make change or do you prefer to look good?

Upvote 0

Imperiuz

Liberty will prevail
May 22, 2007
Stockholm
✟21,093.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
No, and I would appreciate you not judging me like that.
I'm not judging you. I'm telling you the truth. I would ask you to listen to Jesus and his church instead of trusting your own fallible mind.

Upvote 0

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not judging you. I'm telling you the truth. I would ask you to listen to Jesus and his church instead of trusting your own fallible mind.
You are wrong. I am listening to great combination of things. My education in Sociology... my faith... and knowing my own tendencies to want to rebel.

Taking into consideration the actual real society in which we live, making something illegal that was once legal... and has a ton of emotion on both sides... you can't just slap a prohibition on it and think that will solve everything. It won't. That is the reality of dealing with any society. You can't force a value system on a society like that. The society by and large will reject it. There will be a ripple effect and that fall out is not being addressed.

No one is addressing the underlying issues. Prohibition will only shift the problem, rather than solve it. Work from the bottom of the problem and it may actually get resolved. IF you slap a band-aid on the top of it, it will just oooze out the sides.

You can disagree if you want to, but DO NOT assume to know my heart or soul. I find that offensive.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
this group says that abortion is a right
CFC believes in and works toward the following principles
Women's and men's moral agency in reproductive health decisions, supported by access to the full range of contraceptive choices, safe and legal abortion, pre- and post-natal care and family supports;

this group says they support candidates who will reduce the need for abortion. But that makes it sound like abortion is based on economic need, but look at the huge numbers of people who are middle class, educated, but do not feel "ready" for a child. the teen who is in her senior year of high school for example. In many cases it is not an economic need at all. This group does not seem concerned about the rights of the unborn at all, it is not.
"Ok we want to get rid of abortion but it is not just a legal problem, it is a socioeconomic problem too"

vle045, you are right, if they made abortion illegal today all that would mean is there would be tons of unsafe back ally abortions, we have to work towards a society that values life, and it will not be a quick fight, but this group seems to have as its end goal safe, legal abortions. My end goal is no abortions

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Taking into consideration the actual real society in which we live, making something illegal that was once legal... and has a ton of emotion on both sides... you can't just slap a prohibition on it and think that will solve everything. It won't. That is the reality of dealing with any society. You can't force a value system on a society like that. The society by and large will reject it. There will be a ripple effect and that fall out is not being addressed.

No one is addressing the underlying issues. Prohibition will only shift the problem, rather than solve it. Work from the bottom of the problem and it may actually get resolved. IF you slap a band-aid on the top of it, it will just oooze out the sides.

You can disagree if you want to, but DO NOT assume to know my heart or soul. I find that offensive.

1)There are many people working on the underlying issues.
2)Abortion IS the band-aid that helps us to look the other way (from these social justice issues).

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

if they made abortion illegal today all that would mean is there would be tons of unsafe back ally abortions, we have to work towards a society that values life, and it will not be a quick fight, but this group seems to have as its end goal safe, legal abortions. My end goal is no abortions

The truth tastes like candy, but is bitter in the stomach.

Upvote 0

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

this group says they support candidates who will reduce the need for abortion. But that makes it sound like abortion is based on economic need, but look at the huge numbers of people who are middle class, educated, but do not feel "ready" for a child. the teen who is in her senior year of high school for example. In many cases it is not an economic need at all. This group does not seem concerned about the rights of the unborn at all, it is not.
"Ok we want to get rid of abortion but it is not just a legal problem, it is a socioeconomic problem too"

vle045, you are right, if they made abortion illegal today all that would mean is there would be tons of unsafe back ally abortions, we have to work towards a society that values life, and it will not be a quick fight, but this group seems to have as its end goal safe, legal abortions. My end goal is no abortions
Thanks... I can appreciate your opinion on that. And I would like to figure out more on this group.... or if there is a group that exists that falls in line with what I am thinking. I haven't found it yet.

Who is working on the underlying issues? That is who I want to find. The group working from the bottom up. Who's doing the research on the "whys"? The practical "whys". First solve the "why", and I truly believe there will be less abortions.

How about we take a sociological approach? Has that been done?

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks... I can appreciate your opinion on that. And I would like to figure out more on this group.... or if there is a group that exists that falls in line with what I am thinking. I haven't found it yet.

Who is working on the underlying issues? That is who I want to find. The group working from the bottom up. Who's doing the research on the "whys"? The practical "whys". First solve the "why", and I truly believe there will be less abortions.

How about we take a sociological approach? Has that been done?
http://www.priestsforlife.org/crisis.html

There are lists of thousands of charities, almost all of them working on the underlying issues in some sense.

Upvote 0

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://www.priestsforlife.org/crisis.html

There are lists of thousands of charities, almost all of them working on the underlying issues in some sense.
Thanks for the link. I like this quote there.
that they would have carried their child to term if the support had been there. Items most frequently mentioned were help with medical bills, ability to continue in her career or education, and most importantly, understanding from family, friends, and the father of the child.

I will read more later to see what they are about and if there is anything that I can do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.