“Man-Made Global Warming”, I don't go to that church.

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"
Al Gore's fear and scare tactics are lies. White "Polar" bear populations are at a 30 year high, and these carnivores thrive in warmer temperatures, due to an abundance of prey.

This propaganda is meant to scare weak minded people into buying into a global Carbon tax to "save the environment, save the bears".

Polar bears are actually White Bears, just as a Kodiak bear is a Brown bear
"
First of all, please cite the source of that quote.

Second of all, please reply to my PM.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We should worry more about the children that will be starving because we tank the world economy due to some unproven theory.
Since when is global warming unproven? I think it's pretty clear now that CO2 emissions and pollution are adversely affecting both the environment and the ozone layer.

Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

Since when is global warming unproven? I think it's pretty clear now that CO2 emissions and pollution are adversely affecting both the environment and the ozone layer.

No it's not proven. There is no definitive proof that we are causing global warming. It quite possibly could be natural fluctuations in the Earth's temperature which have nothing to do with man. Remember Greenland was green at one time.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No it's not proven. There is no definitive proof that we are causing global warming. It quite possibly could be natural fluctuations in the Earth's temperature which have nothing to do with man. Remember Greenland was green at one time.
The polar ice caps have never completely melted before, and now they're melting at an alarming rate, and they soon will be completely melted. How is that not proof of man-made global warming?

Upvote 0
Since when was there an ice age in the 1970s?

You know what? You're right, there wasn't one. Silly me.

I guess I was just confused because the "scientific consensus" about which there "was no debate", said in the early 1970's that man's destruction of the earth was going to cause a new ice age. You were not around way back then so you didn't see all the scary doom about glaciers.

But I know this time they are right. I mean about the warming, because there is no debate and there is a consensus among the minions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No it is not a false analogy. Please look at some of the covers of Time and Newsweek during that era. Global Cooling was the rage. Good thing we started driving SUV's to counteract it.
You can't even keep track of what you were talking about, can you?

Your exact words were:

jamesrwright3 said:
What about global cooling during the ice age?
Did man do that too?

So yes, that was a false analogy. (Oh, and BTW, Times and Newsweek weren't around during the Ice Age. Just thought you might want to know that.)

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know what? You're right, there wasn't one. Silly me.

I guess I was just confused because the "scientific consensus" about which there "was no debate", said in the early 1970's that man's destruction of the earth was going to cause a new ice age. You were not around way back then so you didn't see all the scary doom about glaciers.

But I know this time they are right. I mean about the warming, because there is no debate and there is a consensus among the minions.
And the melting ice caps don't mean anything to you, why, exactly? I mean, it's not like there was that sort of actual physical proof of the so-called "global cooling."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Believe all the faerie tales you want to believe if it makes you feel better. The fact is, the climate of the earth fluctuates naturally, sometimes to extremes, and the solar system is in control of our atmosphere. The "greenhouse effect" is a lie. Carbon Footprints are bogus, and only serve to make certain people wealthy, and attempt to redistribute wealth from us to poor nations. And if you are fine with that, goody for you.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Believe all the faerie tales you want to believe if it makes you feel better. The fact is, the climate of the earth fluctuates naturally, sometimes to extremes, and the solar system is in control of our atmosphere. The "greenhouse effect" is a lie. Carbon Footprints are bogus, and only serve to make certain people wealthy, and attempt to redistribute wealth from us to poor nations. And if you are fine with that, goody for you.
Again, I will ask you, why does the fact that the polar ice caps have never melted as quickly as they are right now not matter at all to you?

Upvote 0
Again, I will ask you, why does the fact that the polar ice caps have never melted as quickly as they are right now not matter at all to you?

Because the earth itself is constantly changing as a natural process. What do we do, put up screens to block the solar effect?

The only thing you can count on is things change, and you can't do a thing about it. You may as well get angry and upset that the sky is blue, but you would prefer it were green. And I'm done here.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is no way of knowing that "they have never melted as quickly as they are right now." Also, you have no way of knowing that the melting would not be happening if man werent around. Ice Ages have come and gone before. Google the "Little Ice Age." Tell me what caused that. Then tell me what caused the prolonged warming period that preceded it. The global temperature history is not a flat line.

Upvote 0