Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I heard a teaching (I'm just trying to verify it) that the name of God IS in Esther in the form that you see highlighted. Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey where the letters YHWH (Yahweh) are seen. The comparison being the King (YHWH) and Haman (HaSatan).

וַתֹּאמֶר אֶסְתֵּר, אִם-עַל-הַמֶּלֶךְ טוֹב--יָבוֹא הַמֶּלֶךְ וְהָמָן הַיּוֹם, אֶל-הַמִּשְׁתֶּה אֲשֶׁר-עָשִׂיתִי לוֹ.
Esther 5:4 And Esther said: 'If it seem good unto the king, let the king and Haman come this day unto the banquet that I have prepared for him.'

Here's the video teaching so you can hear the full thought. It's short. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPZsiAq1lU

What are your thoughts on this?

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
It appears that you have greater knowledge of this than I. Having said this. This pastor on the little video is revealing that we need to continue to dig deeper into the meaning which is being revealed to him. If we continue to do as this pastor does and pray about what is in the Bible we too will have these revelations. If we look very closely we can see Yeshua throughout the whole Bible and not just in the New Testament. And if we even seek Him further He wil reveal Himself further than the Bible as it states in John!
I agree with what you are saying. It does appear as if the teacher is correct but I'm not fluent in Hebrew. I wanted to verify that he's not coming out of left field somewhere, as many teachers do, and get some thoughts on the teaching. I don't like to just accept it. :)

Upvote 0

ErezY

Oct 3, 2013
✟8,620.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's a biblical metaphor. They are employed throughout the bible. Nothing new really. HaShem is still not written out nor refered to in the first person in the book of Esther. The pastor is simply identifying a metaphor, and wowing young believers with something that isn't there. Of course the king 'represents' hashem, and haman the adversary.

Upvote 0

ErezY

Oct 3, 2013
✟8,620.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I agree with what you are saying. It does appear as if the teacher is correct but I'm not fluent in Hebrew. I wanted to verify that he's not coming out of left field somewhere, as many teachers do, and get some thoughts on the teaching. I don't like to just accept it. :)
melekh is not the name of hashem, it's a title.

Upvote 0

ErezY

Oct 3, 2013
✟8,620.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
OK :scratch: sorry I don't understand your point. Where is the title melekh in the scripture ref or in the teaching?

This was the red portion of your quote, in hebrew;

הַמֶּלֶךְ וְהָמָן הַיּוֹם

ha-melech

v'haman

ha-yom

the king and haman the day....

The first word is melech, it means king. The King to be exact.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I understand a metaphor and sorry if I'm a bit dense here....but is it false that the first letter of each of those words is Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey? How would this differ from some of the Bible Code stuff, where they use the first letter of each word? :blush: Sorry if I just threw in a wrench, it's how my mind works.
יָבוֹא הַמֶּלֶךְ וְהָמָן הַיּוֹם
It's the first LETTER of each of those words I'm asking about. Put together, what does it say? Anything?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ErezY

Oct 3, 2013
✟8,620.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I understand a metaphor and sorry if I'm a bit dense here....but is it false that the first letter of each of those words is Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey? How would this differ from some of the Bible Code stuff, where they use the first letter of each word? :blush: Sorry if I just threw in a wrench, it's how my mind works.

It's the first LETTER of each of those words I'm asking about. Put together, what does it say? Anything?
Now I get you. Sorta like the sign put on the cross that was said to spell out the name. Reminds me of kabbalah.

Yes, the first four letters of this string spell out the name.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi, SP, yes you are correct the red letters reading from right to left spell Yud Heh Vav, Heh, The NAME.

King and Haman are prefaced by the preposition 'hey', meaning 'the'. So it could be attached to any name, but the words preceeding King and Haman make the NAME complete.
http://www.christianforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I heard a teaching (I'm just trying to verify it) that the name of God IS in Esther in the form that you see highlighted. Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey where the letters YHWH (Yahweh) are seen. The comparison being the King (YHWH) and Haman (HaSatan).

וַתֹּאמֶר אֶסְתֵּר, אִם-עַל-הַמֶּלֶךְ טוֹב--יָבוֹא הַמֶּלֶךְ וְהָמָן הַיּוֹם, אֶל-הַמִּשְׁתֶּה אֲשֶׁר-עָשִׂיתִי לוֹ.
Esther 5:4 And Esther said: 'If it seem good unto the king, let the king and Haman come this day unto the banquet that I have prepared for him.'

Thanks for posting this!
I had never heard of that before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, these letters spell the name of God.

Religious authors actually do this from time to time. For example, in The Path of the Just, the first words are:

יסוד החסידות ושורש העבודה
The foundation of Piety and the Root of [Pure] Worship...

The first letter of each word forms the name YHWH. I'm not sure that what we find in Esther there is purposeful, but at least it is there.

Upvote 0