The LORD God is One

A

AbbaLove

אֱ ל הֵ י כֶ ם
mem=ם kaf=כ yod=י he=ה lamed=ל alef=א

יְ ה וָ ה​
he=ה vav=ו he=ה yod=י

Joshua 3:9 (Westminster Leningrad Codex)
וַיֹּ֥אמֶר יְהֹושֻׁ֖עַ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל גֹּ֣שׁוּ הֵ֔נָּה וְשִׁמְע֕וּ אֶת־דִּבְרֵ֖י יְהוָ֥ה אֱלֹֽהֵיכֶֽם׃
Joshua 3:9 (Hebrew Study Bible)
וַיֹּ֥אמֶר יְהֹושֻׁ֖עַ אֶל־ בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל גֹּ֣שׁוּ הֵ֔נָּה וְשִׁמְע֕וּ אֶת־ דִּבְרֵ֖י יְהוָ֥ה׃ אֱלֹֽהֵיכֶֽם

Yehoshua 3:9 OJB
And Yehoshua said unto the Bnei Yisroel, Come here, and hear the Divrei Hashem Eloheichem.
Joshua 3:9 NOG (Names Of God)
So Joshua said to the people of Israel, “Come here, and listen to the words of Yahweh your Elohim.”

Joshua 3:9 CJB
Y’hoshua said to the people of Isra’el, “Come here, and listen to the words of ADONAI your God.”
Joshua 3:9 KJV
And Joshua said unto the children of Israel, Come hither, and hear the words of the LORD your God.
Joshua 3:9 NIV
Joshua said to the Israelites, “Come here and listen to the words of the LORD your God.

Last edited:

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

אֱ ל הֵ י כֶ ם
Elohim​
( יְהוָה֙ = HaShem = YaHWeH = ADONAI = LORD)

Are the Seven Feasts of the LORD also the Seven Feasts of Yeshua Ha'Mashiach

The word that you pasted at the top (אֱלֹהֵיכֶם) is not elohim, if that was your intention. It is eloheichem. You had transliterated this correctly in the previous post. Why did you miss it in this one?

Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

אֱ ל הֵ י כֶ ם
Eloheichem​

The Feasts of the LORD are the Feasts of the LORD Mashiach Yeshua

John 6:60-65 ~ Complete Jewish Bible
60 On hearing it, many of his talmidim said, “This is a hard word — who can bear to listen to it?”
61 But Yeshua, aware that his talmidim were grumbling about this, said to them, “This is a trap for you?
62 Suppose you were to see the Son of Man going back up to where He was before?
63 It is the Spirit who gives life, the flesh is no help. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and life,
64 yet some among you do not trust.” (For Yeshua knew from the outset which ones would not trust him, also which one would betray him.)
65 “This,” he said, “is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has made it possible for him.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

The word that you pasted at the top (אֱלֹהֵיכֶם) is not Elohim, if that was your intention. It is Eloheichem. You had transliterated this correctly in the previous post. Why did you miss it in this one?
Would be helpful if you clarify the difference in usage between Elohim and "Eloheichem" as used for example in the following paragraph as it relates to the Rabbi's reference to Yom Kippur. Thanks :)
The Holiness Code from Leviticus, our Mincha Torah reading, shows us the way. God presents us the most daunting of challenges. Kedoshim t’hiyu ki Kadosh Adonai Eloheichem “Holy shall you be because I, Adonai your God, am holy.” God challenges us to manifest that part of our being created B’tzlelem Elohim, in the image of God and cause it to control our entire personality. Impossible? Probably so. Yet this is a opportunity we should willingly accept even though we know that complete success will elude us.

The above Rabbi's reference would seem to suggest that "Adonai Eloheichem" is a reference to the Lord God and "B’tzlelem Elohim" as referring to mankind as a "image of God" creation. The implication is that the use of "Eloheichem" is more of a personal relationship ~ like with Abraham and others on a one-to-one basis as a person or entire Nation.

Considering the context of Yehoshua/Joshua 3:9 ("come hear and listen") it's definitely a more personal one-to-one relationship. It would make sense that the NOG translation should then be Eloheichem instead of Elohim. So, thanks for your reply. Will go back and do a edit change from Elohim to Eloheichem as an indication of the personal relationship we have with Him through His Only Begotten Son.

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Would be helpful if you clarify the difference in usage between Elohim and "Eloheichem" as used for example in the following paragraph as it relates to the Rabbi's reference to Yom Kippur. Thanks :)
[/size][/font]
The above Rabbi's reference would seem to suggest that "Adonai Eloheichem" is a reference to the Lord God and "B’tzlelem Elohim" as referring to mankind as a "image of God" creation. The implication is that the use of "Eloheichem" is more of a personal relationship ~ like with Abraham and others on a one-to-one basis as a person or entire Nation.

Considering the context of Yehoshua/Joshua 3:9 ("come hear and listen") it's definitely a more personal one-to-one relationship. It would make sense that the NOG translation should then be Eloheichem instead of Elohim. So, thanks for your reply. Will go back and do a edit change from Elohim to Eloheichem as an indication of the personal relationship we have with Him through His Only Begotten Son.

Thanks! :)

Eloheikem just means "the elohim of ye (pl)", "your (pl) Elohim".

I think in archaic English it would correspond to Your God, whereas Eloheika - your (sing.) God - would be in archaic English Thy God.

"it's definitely a more personal one-to-one relationship."

Grammatically that is not completely accurate, though you are not off target. If anything, it would indicate Elohim's relation to "Ye", not to you a singular "thou" (as implied by the term "one-to-one"). So then it is a Him-to-them, or Him-to-us, relationship, not a one-to-one relationship that can be inferred.

Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

Ye and You is plural of Thou and Thee.
In modern English, we have only "you" for both sing and pl.
when in lower case letters "ye" and "you" is not Thou and Thee as you suggest. Isn't proper English to say "we" when referring to only "you" but when referring to you and me then it's okey-dokey to say "we" however (wewe) in Swahili is lc singular (not UC plural) :)

Swahili-English Translation

wewe (also: ninyi)
you
ye
thou

http://en.bab.la/dictionary/swahili-english/wewe

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
thou = informal second-person singular (compare German du and Spanish )
ye = plural of thou (compare German ihr and Spanish vosotros/-as)

you = formal second-person singular and plural (compare German Sie and Spanish usted/ustedes)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

AbbaLove

Eloheikem is your (p) God.
Eloheika is your (s) God.

Feminine:
Eloheiken
Eloheik

Probably they (historically) could be pronounced Elohik instead of Eloheik, or whatever, that's beside the point.

אֱ ל הֵ י כֶ ם = אֱ לֹ הֵ י כֶ ן
Eloheichen = Eloheichem​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Eloheikem is your (p) God.
Eloheika is your (s) God.

Feminine:
Eloheiken
Eloheik

Probably they (historically) could be pronounced Elohik instead of Eloheik, or whatever, that's beside the point.

Just remember that this k that you're writing is really a [χ] (like the ch in Scottish loch). It is not a k as in English.

It's better to use the academic transliteration if we're hoping to make comparisons - and the feminine singular is eloháyich. This is the academic transliteration of each:

אֱלֹהֶ֫יךָ [ʾĕlōhếḵā] elohécha "your (m.s.) God"
אֱלֹהֵיכֶם [ʾĕlōhêḵem] eloheichem "your (m.p.) God"
אֱלֹהַ֫יִךְ [ʾĕlōháyiḵ] eloháyich "your (f.s.) God"
אֱלֹהֵיכֶן [ʾĕlōhêḵen] eloheichen "your (f.p.) God"

Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

אֱ ל הֵ י כֶ ם = אֱ לֹ הֵ י כֶ ן
Eloheichen = Eloheichem​

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
To assume these words have been static in pronounciation for 3000+ years is naive.. we even have different pronounciations today, and chances are we had even more variants and dialects and sociolects in the past. It is not POSSIBLE to know exactly how David vocalized a given word, or how Abraham pronounced a given consonant even. I don't live in Israel, for me Hebrew only has application to Bible study, so the pronounciation of modern Israeli Hebrew isn't of import.

I don't say "modern Israeli Hebrew" with disdain or anything like that, it's a nice language, I am just saying I have no practical or personal motivation or reason to learn it.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To assume these words have been static in pronounciation for 3000+ years is naive.. we even have different pronounciations today

Quite right. AFAIK, the oldest Hebrew pronounciation system is that of the Yemenite Jews which lingusts have said was fairly static for almost 2000 years. (but some influence from arabic) Unfortunatly, it is being absorbed into the modern Sephardic pronounciation system of the State of Israel.

Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

For the past 400 years, or so the substance of color and its complexity has become known as the Additive Theory and Subtractive Theory. One theory results in the Absence of Light and the other theory the Presence of Light.
http://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/color6.html

color.png

Think of the Two Color Theories as forming the Star of David. The Three Primary Colors of the Additive Theory are RGB. My “fuzzy color worship” has Red representing GOD the Son, Green representing GOD the Word, and Blue representing GOD the Spirit. Three in ONE ~ inseparable as GOD.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]​
The Pure Brilliance of GOD
Together As ONE
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Isaiah 2:5

Come, descendants of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the LORD.
Luke 2:32
A light for revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel.

1 Corinthians 13:12 (AMP)
For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God].

Last edited:
Upvote 0