What classes will you be taking next semester?

O

okiemommy26

love4jesus said:
how do you find the strength or time to commit yourself to so much work? I've never been good at taking a lot of classes at once. To me, 4 classes is enough. I wish I had the stamina and drive to take more though. ;) Biblical studies is a great major to take part in. I am sure you will do well in everything you do. :thumbsup:

Thanks! For what I want to do it will help me in the future. I just decided to take it. I have to see how it works but I think the Lord is leading me to this and if it is His will it will work out. Most of the general courses im taking anyways so that will be covered. It will work it always does.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
love4jesus said:
I wish I could say the same about my GPA. I didn't do to good last semester. I got an "A" in reading, a "C" in English 100 because I blew off our last essay, a "W" in Intermediate Algebra and an "F" in History because I didn't take a test that was worth 30% of my grade. :o

Helpful Hint from a Graduate 1: Never miss any tests
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 2: Never skip classes, unless you have a valid reason to (sick, other class' scheduled fieldtrip, family emergency, etc
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 3: Withdrawing isn't shameful, but you best do better in all your other classes because with fewer classes, fewer credit hours. And with fewer credit hours, each final grade is even MORE important due to lack of quantity.

Last semester was stressful. My grandfather passed away and I wasn't use to the workload. Is there still hope for me?

Helpful Hint from a Graduate 4: If you don't think you can handle four or more classes, consider the option of being a part time student. Or, if you can manage it and it will fit your curriculum to graduate, take three 4-credit hour courses.

Of course there is. :p I need to apply myself more and seek help when needed.

Helpful Hint from a Graduate 5: Procrastination leads to academic death.

Last semester, I had a problem with wanting to come on the internet instead of doing my homework.

Helpful Hint from a Graduate 6: Even God won't mind you skipping church, Bible Study, Christian club, or even reading the Bible for a week if you truly need to spend the time studying than on Him. He's God and you have many more years left in your life. He's patient and He's intelligent enough to know exception from excuse ;)

I pray :pray: that this semester goes better. I feel like a failure right now. I have not failed yet because I haven't quit. I hope I do better this year or else it will be hard for me to transfer. :sorry:

Helpful Hint from a Graduate 7: Never quit unless you know that you are heading into trouble. Then, withdraw and either try again or seek an alternative. Usually, there is more than just one option, and even if not, at least you'll be prepared for Round Two.
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 8: Feeling like a failure due to poor grades, especially Fs or Es, is natural but unnecessary. It can even be dangerous, both to your mental/emotional health and to your future academic success. Be studious about your failings; learn from them. Don't beat yourself up.
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 9: If you fail, go to the professor. Discuss the semester. Professors do not hate their students; they want them all to succeed in the end, and are more than happy to help you understand what you did wrong. Do not be afraid of them.
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 10: Graduate Schools take all final GPAs of all Undergrad Schools so long as you've taken a certain amount of credit hours from then and average it all out. The result is the GPA they will be thinking about. Fear not if you only got an average of a 2 from one college; if you do well in the other(s), it will not be so bad.

Reactions: Love&Pain
Upvote 0

Love&Pain

Love Your Enemies
Oct 12, 2003
California
✟26,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
PaladinValer said:
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 1: Never miss any tests
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 2: Never skip classes, unless you have a valid reason to (sick, other class' scheduled fieldtrip, family emergency, etc
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 3: Withdrawing isn't shameful, but you best do better in all your other classes because with fewer classes, fewer credit hours. And with fewer credit hours, each final grade is even MORE important due to lack of quantity.

Helpful Hint from a Graduate 4: If you don't think you can handle four or more classes, consider the option of being a part time student. Or, if you can manage it and it will fit your curriculum to graduate, take three 4-credit hour courses.

Helpful Hint from a Graduate 5: Procrastination leads to academic death.

Helpful Hint from a Graduate 6: Even God won't mind you skipping church, Bible Study, Christian club, or even reading the Bible for a week if you truly need to spend the time studying than on Him. He's God and you have many more years left in your life. He's patient and He's intelligent enough to know exception from excuse ;)

Helpful Hint from a Graduate 7: Never quit unless you know that you are heading into trouble. Then, withdraw and either try again or seek an alternative. Usually, there is more than just one option, and even if not, at least you'll be prepared for Round Two.
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 8: Feeling like a failure due to poor grades, especially Fs or Es, is natural but unnecessary. It can even be dangerous, both to your mental/emotional health and to your future academic success. Be studious about your failings; learn from them. Don't beat yourself up.
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 9: If you fail, go to the professor. Discuss the semester. Professors do not hate their students; they want them all to succeed in the end, and are more than happy to help you understand what you did wrong. Do not be afraid of them.
Helpful Hint from a Graduate 10: Graduate Schools take all final GPAs of all Undergrad Schools so long as you've taken a certain amount of credit hours from then and average it all out. The result is the GPA they will be thinking about. Fear not if you only got an average of a 2 from one college; if you do well in the other(s), it will not be so bad.

Did you copy these helpful hints off another site? :p jk. Wow! Those are great hints. Thank you and I truly appreciate your help. :hug: I need not to procrasinate anymore. hehe, it is easier to say then to do. I don't know what happened I did well in high school. Now that I am in college, my motivation level is low. :confused: Okay, I have to start thinking more positive. This is a new semester to do better. You are a truly blessed Grad. I value your advice and words of wisdom. :hug: May God continue to use you to do good works. Good night!

Upvote 0

tamtam92

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
Visit site
✟9,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
love4jesus said:
What do you cover in computational physics? I am happy to go back to school on Monday! I rather be learning something then to be bored at home. What is human-machine interface? It sounds as though you have an interesting schedule, indeed.lol, you are funny because you don't know what other classes you are taking. As long as you remember when you go back to school. Be blessed!

As i said, computational physics is an elective, and in fact it's a general approch of numerical methods for physics. It is a manifold course : scientific computation, programming, quantum and statistical physics. I don't really know how it will be ;)
Human-machine interface may not be the right term (i'm sorry i've a tendency to traslate literally ;)). It's about the connections between a computer and its peripherals (keybord, mouse...) and how to handle with it when programming. I think the course also present tools to create 3D images from 2D images but i don't remember well (wait and see...).

For the other courses, i'll probably have microprocessors, some data processing and something with electronics...
:confused:

Upvote 0

MarLoc

Sep 15, 2004
CT
✟15,179.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
love4jesus said:
Wow! That is a lot of work! :eek: Chemistry, English, and Anatomy and Physiology together? You must be a dedicated and hard working student. Taking all those classes in one semester would cause me to be stressed and exhausted. You will be in my prayers. I give you credit for taking all those classes. :thumbsup: May God give you strength and the encouragement to do well this coming semester. Good night. :wave:

Thank you. I don't like to brag but I thought I was the best college student during my first semester.:D Sounds crazy but thats what I thought. But seriously, it is a lot of work and I have yet to realize it yet because I am interested in what I am doing. But next year when I am in the actually nursing classes doing clinicals and whatnot, then I will really need the prayers. :pray:

Upvote 0

tina04

Jan 12, 2005
✟134.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Im a Atmospheric Science (meteorology) major so im taking alot of science courses.

Intro Weather/climate II 102
Meteorology lab II 104
Principles of Biology I 120
Geology Age of Dinosaurs 110
Geology Physical lab 103
Physical Geology 101
Atmospheric Severe Storms 409

taking 18 hours so it will definetly be a full load!!
Pray that i can get through this semester. :pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Love&Pain

Love Your Enemies
Oct 12, 2003
California
✟26,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
tina04 said:
Im a Atmospheric Science (meteorology) major so im taking alot of science courses.

Intro Weather/climate II 102
Meteorology lab II 104
Principles of Biology I 120
Geology Age of Dinosaurs 110
Geology Physical lab 103
Physical Geology 101
Atmospheric Severe Storms 409

taking 18 hours so it will definetly be a full load!!
Pray that i can get through this semester. :pray:

I will be praying for you. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tryingtolearn

Jan 14, 2005
Aptos, CA
✟163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
love4jesus said:
There are only a couple of weeks left until the semester is over. I scheduled for my classes today :thumbsup: Do you know what you will be taking?

I will be taking Reading, Shao-Lin Kung Fu, Health Science, and Speech class ;) This semester was my first semester in college. I took reading, Political/Social history of US, and English class :) I am curious to know what other people will be taking this coming semester.
I'm taking math 152: intermediate algebra, health sciences 15: human sexuality, and philosophy 15: patterns in comparative religions.

Upvote 0

Love&Pain

Love Your Enemies
Oct 12, 2003
California
✟26,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I am taking Intermediate Algebra this semester. :D I dropped Health Science and decided to take math. ;) I am so glad that today is friday! I am tired. I go to school at 9 am and come home at 2:30 pm. It is a lot of work. I have homework this weekened too. I am happy that there is no school on Monday. I need my rest. :yawn: Thank you for sharing your schedule with us. It is always interesting to see what classes people are taking. Be blessed! :clap:

Upvote 0

Love&Pain

Love Your Enemies
Oct 12, 2003
California
✟26,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
ardeur said:
This quarter, which just started, I am taking:
Complex Analysis 2
Abstract Algebra 2
Linear Algebra 2 and
History of Math
= 16 units :(
(yeah, ok.. I'm a math major and almost ready to graduate!)

Math major? WOW!!!! You must be gifted or determined to be a mathematician. :idea: Math gives me a headache, it makes me frustrated, and confused. :p *throws math book* That is awesome :thumbsup: Congratulations on graduating soon. :clap: You must be excited and relieved to finish school. You will be in my prayers, oh yeah and on my buddy list (in case I need someone to help me w/ math jk ;) )

Upvote 0