Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Given that normal is not specific ("normal" refers to an awful lot of characteristics, often incorrectly) and carries an inherent stigma for the out-group (there's a reason we don't say "right-handed people" and "normal people"), I don't think "normal" is a particularly good term to use.

It simply means pertaining to the norm, the standard, the usual. I'm left-handed and I'm not offended by righties being called "normal". I know what words mean.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It simply means pertaining to the norm, the standard, the usual. I'm left-handed and I'm not offended by righties being called "normal". I know what words mean.
This ignores the long and extensive history of "normal" being used exactly the way I just described.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
ADMIN HAT

Thread closed. Please keep the following rule in mind:

Topics Requiring Special Consideration:
Transsexualism and transgenderism may only be discussed, without promotion*, in the Struggles with Sexuality and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with personal struggles related to these issues. Members may not promote* transsexualism or transgenderism in their profiles.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.