Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The administration at the University of Toronto was recently enlightened on why two separate washrooms are generally established for men and women sharing co-ed residencies.

The University is temporarily changing its policy on gender-neutral bathrooms after two separate incidents of "voyeurism" were reported on campus September 15 and 19. Male students within the University’s Whitney Hall student residence were caught holding their cellphones over female students’ shower stalls and filming them as they showered.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/330/u...ampaign=benshapiro-share#.VwXOiCqc7wg.twitter

Reactions: brinny

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This has already been discussed here. These weren't bathrooms in which transgender students could go in. They were gender neutral washrooms (i.e. rooms with showers) in dorms. In other words, anyone could go in.

ETA: IIRC, the University of Toronto still allows students in dorms use the washroom that corresponds to the gender they identify as. So this has nothing to do with transgender people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Really can't blame anyone for this. I mean who would have thought in a million years that male college students would want to look at naked females?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I keep having to look up "cisgender".
Just ignore social engineering propaganda. Besides, more often than not stuff like this is a fad and goes away after a few years because people realize it was stupid to begin with.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Just ignore social engineering propaganda. Besides, more often than not stuff like this is a fad and goes away after a few years because people realize it was stupid to begin with.
keep your fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can't they just let transgendered people go wherever they want and make "cis" people use the bathroom that corresponds to their gender? It's really simple but instead we have to make all men and all women everywhere use the same bathrooms.

Reactions: The Cadet
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Nah, see, for that to happen, the concept of gender identity would have to go away, and that genie is not going back in the bottle. Or would you like to present a better word to describe someone whose gender corresponds to their sex?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nah, see, for that to happen, the concept of gender identity would have to go away, and that genie is not going back in the bottle. Or would you like to present a better word to describe someone whose gender corresponds to their sex?
"Person" is fine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I like that other Monty Python joke in Meaning of Life when the baby is just born and the mother asks is it a boy or a girl, and the doctor says "I think it's a little early to start imposing roles on it, don't you?"

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a person but I can't call it a person?

Psst. We're talking about the descriptive power of words, specifically "cisgendered", here. When I say "I am a person", you cannot derive from that that my gender aligns with my sex. When I say "I am cisgendered", you can. That's the value of the term. That's why the term has meaning, and why it sees so much use when discussing transgender issues.

Reactions: Laury
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Psst. We're talking about the descriptive power of words, specifically "cisgendered", here. When I say "I am a person", you cannot derive from that that my gender aligns with my sex. When I say "I am cisgendered", you can. That's the value of the term. That's why the term has meaning, and why it sees so much use when discussing transgender issues.

Can't we just use "normal"?

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Can't we just use "normal"?
Given that normal is not specific ("normal" refers to an awful lot of characteristics, often incorrectly) and carries an inherent stigma for the out-group (there's a reason we don't say "right-handed people" and "normal people"), I don't think "normal" is a particularly good term to use.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.