Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Som

people somtimes do it, you know what I mean
I have no idea what you mean. Gender reassignment therapy is never undertaken lightly, and it's almost always the final option after years of miserable searching for any other alternative. If you think people are doing it "for fun" you're wildly mistaken.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that's okay.
So if you have no problem with surgery to repair something wrong with a person like a harelip, why should you have a problem to repair something wrong about them like inappropriate sexual characteristics?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's just sick and wrong. Better to just fix their brains so they're not mentally ill any more
Until you have a method that would actually do that to offer, maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Gender dysphoria is still not a mental illness.

It's a mental disorder. There's no reason to quibble about disorder vs illness. It's a disorder and a therapeutic remedy would be best. Much better than building Frankenwomen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Until you have a method that would actually do that to offer, maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself.
Until you can show making Frankenwomen is more feasible than fixing a mental disorder that already can respond to talk therapy then maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself.

Upvote 0

malvina

Aug 22, 2014
South Australia
✟8,706.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
So do I understand you correctly, you don't think people with birth defects should have them repaired?
The trouble is Armoured not many DO have birth defects! it is rare for someone to be born with like 2 sets of organs in which case they have to decide what sex they want to be at a later date. Most of the modern transgenders are people expressing the need for attention - to be different- or have dabbled with the occult and are spiritually sick not physically.

Reactions: KarateCowboy
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Until you can show making Frankenwomen is more feasible than fixing a mental disorder that already can respond to talk therapy then maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself.
Well, read the link in the OP about just how feasible it is. And You've been told about the talk therapy thing. Why do you persist in saying things you know are untrue?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The trouble is Armoured not many DO have birth defects! it is rare for someone to be born with like 2 sets of organs in which case they have to decide what sex they want to be at a later date. Most of the modern transgenders are people expressing the need for attention - to be different- or have dabbled with the occult and are spiritually sick not physically.
And what's your source for this claim?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just making it known that the solution being offered is coming from a non-expert source.
If he offered a solution, that would be something. But he, like many others, is simply throwing rocks at something strange and new, but offering no constructive alternative.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If he offered a solution, that would be something. But he, like many others, is simply throwing rocks at something strange and new, but offering no constructive alternative.
I was a bit generous calling it a "solution".

Must be all the pumpkin pie I've had today. ^_^

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, read the link in the OP about just how feasible it is. And You've been told about the talk therapy thing. Why do you persist in saying things you know are untrue?
I'm not saying anything untrue.
Looks like you're the one who needs to read the OP... and take a course in human anatomy. The OP is talking about the possibility of a uterine transplant from one woman to another. You can't just cut open a man and stitch a uterus in him and expect it to work. Creating a new life is something that involves the whole body. It would be a human rights abuse to try and grow a child like that, were it even possible.

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's just sick and wrong. Better to just fix their brains so they're not mentally ill any more

...You're what's wrong with this world. The kind of person who sickens me.
I did myself a favor by leaving Christianity if this is what's to be expected. As someone who has mental health issues, I don't appreciate you being such a discriminatory jerk.

Take your bigotry elsewhere. Before I actually start to fully express how I feel.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.