The Sabbath is the 'Lords Day', not Sunday.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I said God's law was written in the hearts and minds of God's people Heb 8:10 Jer 31:33 and shared what changed in the NC was the commandments contained in the handwriting (Moses) of ordinances. Col 2:14KJV Eph 3:15 Hope this helps.
Judgements weren't placed in the hearts of the people according to Deut. 30:10-14.. The Judgements changed per Christ's ministry but were never placed in the hearts of God's people. An ordinance or mind you judgement is a law, being of the book of the law. Deut 30 gives us a breakdown to what these are in the Book of the Law and what is in the heart. Ordinances are laws. These are added later in our society due to an issue that arises. Like continuing in sin hence the judgements.
Your initial post made it seem to me that these laws were also placed in the heart. But the post you responded to this morning

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just read the story of how the Mosaic Law was given. You will see it was given to people of Israel as a set of instruction of how to live in the land of Palestine they were prepared to enter.

Paul says differently. And the Jesus "of the Bible" that I quoted, teaches differently as well, if a man can believe HIM over this world's popular religious businesses and sects. And Israel is of the heart, not the Flesh, also according to Paul. Paul said he would NOT that you be Ignorant as to the Exodus in 1 Cor. 10. Both as to why it was written, and who it was written to. Sadly, men love darkness, and prefer to stay away from the Light, in order to preserve their darkness. I too, love darkness, but I want Biblical Truth. So I let the Light shine on the Doctrines promoted by "many", and if it is darkness, the Light exposed it. Sometimes this causes for me humiliation, which is the perfect Pride killer. Although not pleasant, as it is written; Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

The Preaching that Jesus came to abolish the Law and Prophets, is a popular darkness that is precious to "Many" who call Jesus Lord, Lord. So precious that they avoid the LIGHT.

"For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved."

I would hope that you are interested in God's Truth, which Jesus (Not my words) brought to you in my latest post.

"But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

You can find it several times throughout the book of Deuteronomy, for example:

Moses summoned all Israel and said:
Hear, Israel, the decrees and laws I declare in your hearing today. Learn them and be sure to follow them. 2The Lord our God made a covenant with us at Horeb. 3It was not with our ancestors a that the Lord made this covenant, but with us, with all of us who are alive here today.

Dt 5:1-3

Ex. 12: 47 All the congregation of Israel shall keep it. 48 And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. 49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Lev. 19: 33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. 34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one "born among you", and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Is. 58: 6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, "every one" that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; 7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

So you see, by cherry picking scriptures, you come away with a doctrine and philosophy which is false.

Rom. 11: 17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, (Gentile, Yes) wert graffed in "among them", and "with them" partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; As Jesus said "Salvation is of the Jews". But "many" simply do not believe in the Jesus "of the bible".

You see what I mean. If you are interested in God's Truth, step away from the religions of this world you have adopted, and study for yourself. As you can see, the bible doesn't agree with your philosophies when ALL God's/Christ's Word are considered, just as it didn't agree with the Pharisees Philosophies. And calling Jesus Lord, Lord means nothing, if a man continues to walk in iniquity, as defined by God. He says HE doesn't even know men who live in this manner.

"These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess"
(Dt 6:1)
Really, read the Mosaic Law first, so that you know the basics of it, to talk about it.

Romans 15: 4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: 15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

1 cor. 10: 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. 6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as "they" also lusted.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for "our" admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

So once again, you are promoting a religious philosophy that I too, was born into. But clearly, when "ALL" Scriptures are considered, your religious philosophy is proven wrong. The Law and Prophets were written exclusively for us, "upon who the ends of this world are come".

The deceiver would have me flush all these words inspired by God down some religious toilet, to turn me away from the Scriptures, towards the "many" religious businesses competing for buts to fill the seats of their manmade shrines of worship, made of wood and stone, without which they could not remain in businesses.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
what changed in the NC was the commandments contained in the handwriting (Moses) of ordinances. Col 2:14KJV Eph 2:15

Catastrophic mistake to insert "(Moses)" into that text. No part of the Torah is ever called dogmas.
Paul explains what he means by dogmas in the Colossians 2 passage.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Judgements weren't placed in the hearts of the people according to Deut. 30:10-14.. The Judgements changed per Christ's ministry but were never placed in the hearts of God's people. An ordinance or mind you judgement is a law, being of the book of the law. Deut 30 gives us a breakdown to what these are in the Book of the Law and what is in the heart. Ordinances are laws. These are added later in our society due to an issue that arises. Like continuing in sin hence the judgements.
Your initial post made it seem to me that these laws were also placed in the heart. But the post you responded to this morning
I don’t think you will find any post I wrote that said judgements are written in the heart- so not sure where you’re getting that from.

I understand ordiances are laws which is why I spelled out the ordiances I was referring to which is what the scriptures spell out in Heb 7, 9 and 10

The way I understand it God wrote all of His law in the hearts and minds of His people, including the law of Moses which Jesus and the apostles quote from i.e. Greatest commandments etc. What changed at the Cross was the commandments contained in ordinances Col 2:14-17KJV, Eph 3:15 which were the old sanctuary laws that had to with the Levitical priesthood, annual feast days, , food and drink offerings, animal sacrifices and circumcision that was always a placeholder and pointing forward to Christ Heb 10:1-22 who was our Passover Lamb 1 Cor 5:7

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Catastrophic mistake to insert "(Moses)" into that text. No part of the Torah is ever called dogmas.
Paul explains what he means by dogmas in the Colossians 2 passage.
What Moses wrote- the handwritten ordinances- that pertained in context to animal sacrifices that all pointed forward to Jesus Christ. Heb 10:1-22. Animal sacrifice made nothing perfect Heb 10:4 but the blood of the Lamb is perfect to cleanse us of all sin and righteousness all we need to do is accept His promise and die of self(sin) and be reborn in Him.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What Moses wrote- the handwritten ordinances- that pertained in context to animal sacrifices that all pointed forward to Jesus Christ. Heb 10:1-22. Animal sacrifice made nothing perfect Heb 10:4 but the blood of the Lamb is perfect to cleanse us of all sin and righteousness all we need to do is accept His promise and die of self(sin) and be reborn in Him.

Those texts, Eph 2:15 and Col 2:14, say dogmas. The Torah is never called dogmas anywhere in the scripture: dogma is also used in the Septuagint, and is always used in the sense of edicts and decrees from kings and rulers.

Moreover not observing the feasts, which you (and SDA's) say are done away with as supposedly being "ceremonial law", is a dishonor to both our heavenly Father and Mother, (one of the Ten, which you and they well know). Even one of the passages you just quoted to someone else shows that your understanding of the feasts is incorrect:

1 Corinthians 5:7-8 KJV
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

The Pesakh, (Passover), is not done away with as if it were supposedly "ceremonial law" in the mind and teaching of Paul. However, by the above context and statements, it is clear as day that Paul at this time now understood the Pesakh according to the new supernal way taught by the Master in the Gospel accounts concerning so many other things in the Torah, for just as Paul says, he himself teaches the commandments of the Master.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Those texts, Eph 2:15 and Col 2:14, say dogmas. The Torah is never called dogmas anywhere in the scripture: dogma is also used in the Septuagint, and is always used in the sense of edicts and decrees from kings and rulers.

Moreover not observing the feasts, which you (and SDA's) say are done away with as supposedly being "ceremonial law", is a dishonor to both our heavenly Father and Mother, (one of the Ten, which you and they well know). Even one of the passages you just quoted to someone else shows that your understanding of the feasts is incorrect:

1 Corinthians 5:7-8 KJV
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

The Pesakh, (Passover), is not done away with as if it were supposedly "ceremonial law" in the mind and teaching of Paul. However, by the above context and statements, it is clear as day that Paul at this time now understood the Pesakh according to the new supernal way taught by the Master in the Gospel accounts concerning so many other things in the Torah, for just as Paul says, he himself teaches the commandments of the Master.
Do you sacrifice animals for sins? Is the blood of Jesus not able to cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you sacrifice animals for sins?

All of the so-called sacrificial animals are called living souls in the scripture.
Do not add to the following commandment:

Exodus 20:13
13 You shall not ratsach murder/kill.

And there are many other statements from the Prophets and Psalms which refute your natural-minded fleshly understanding of the sacrifices and reveal that you stand with the Chief Priests, Sadducees, and Pharisees in your understanding of the Torah.

Is the blood of Jesus not able to cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness?

Indeed it is, and his Testimony is tantamount to his blood, for they killed him because of his Testimony. Therefore anyone who claims his name and claims to be in him, and yet does not walk in or practice what he teaches, does despite to the Spirit of Grace: for his Testimony is Spirit, (John 6:63), even the Spirit of Grace foretold in Zec 12:10 and confirmed in John 1:17 and Heb 10:29, and he paid for that Testimony with his own body, soul, life, and blood, and that Testimony was not even his own but given to him from the heavens, (John 3:27-36, John 7:16-18, John 12:48-50).

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All of the so-called sacrificial animals are called living souls in the scripture.
Do not add to the following commandment:

Exodus 20:13
13 You shall not ratsach murder/kill.

And there are many other statements from the Prophets and Psalms which refute your natural-minded fleshly understanding of the sacrifices and reveal that you stand with the Chief Priests, Sadducees, and Pharisees in your understanding of the Torah.

Indeed it is, and his Testimony is tantamount to his blood, for they killed him because of his Testimony. Therefore anyone who claims his name and claims to be in him, and yet does not walk in or practice what he teaches, does despite to the Spirit of Grace: for his Testimony is Spirit, (John 6:63), even the Spirit of Grace foretold in Zec 12:10 and confirmed in John 1:17 and Heb 10:29, and he paid for that Testimony with his own body, soul, life, and blood, and that Testimony was not even his own but given to him from the heavens, (John 3:27-36, John 7:16-18, John 12:48-50).
In the law of Moses one was to offer an animal sacrifice for sin, which they did daily, but you’re saying Moses led everyone to sin and break one of God’s commandments. There is nothing in thou shalt not murder about animals- I am not the one who is adding to scripture.

Also, if you say the feasts days are a requirement, that means you still sacrifice animals- so back to my question - do you sacrifice animals and if so -Is the blood of Jesus not able to cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness?

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the law of Moses one was to offer an animal sacrifice for sin, which they did daily, but you’re saying Moses led everyone to sin and break one of God’s commandments. There is nothing in thou shalt not murder about animals- I am not the one who is adding to scripture.

Also, if you say the feasts days are a requirement, that means you still sacrifice animals- so back to my question - do you sacrifice animals and if so -Is the blood of Jesus not able to cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness?

This has been over a number of times.
Here is the most recent time, with reddogs, one of your fellow SDA's.

There is no so-called "ceremonial law" and even if there was it would not be Mosheh's "ceremonial law".

The Master refers the hearer and reader to this so-called ceremonial law in the following passage:

Mark 9:43-49 KJV
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. [Isa 66:24]
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. [Isa 66:24]
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. [Isa 66:24]
49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt. [Lev 2:13]

Leviticus 2:13 is the only place in the Torah where the command to salt every sacrifice is given.

Leviticus 2:13 KJV
13 And every oblation of thy meat offering shalt thou season with salt; neither shalt thou suffer the salt of the covenant of thy God to be lacking from thy meat offering: with all thine offerings thou shalt offer salt.

Mark 9:49 KJV
49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt. [Lev 2:13]

That does not sound to me like it will ever be done away with because it does not mean what most people think, according to the Testimony of the Master in Mark 9, and we know that he says that the heavens and the earth shall pass away, but his words shall not pass away, (Mat 24:35, Mrk 13:31, Luk 21:33).

Moreover the Mark 9:43-49 passage not only quotes from Lev 2:13, but also from Isa 66:24, to expound and explain the meaning of the Isaiah 66:22-24 passage. Therefore, once one understands the teaching of the Master in this regard, if he or she then still desires to enter into the new heavens and the new earth foretold in that passage, (Isa 66:22-24), then it is long past time to begin plucking, chopping, cutting off limbs, and salting those sacrifices according to the commandment of the Master in Mark 9 and the commandment in Leviticus 2:13 to salt every sacrifice. Those therefore who believe the sacrifices are the innocent living souls and clean animals of the creation of Elohim do not understand and are still following the Pharisee way of seeing those things as outward, carnal, natural, and physical in meaning. Cutting off sin from your members and mortifying the deeds of the body and your members upon the earth is not "ceremonial law".

The Master in the Mark 9 passage even quotes from one of the SDA favorite passages, Isaiah 66:22-24, (but as anyone may see, by the amount of times this is quoted by SDA's, they really only like to quote Isa 66:23 alone, so as to make only one point about the Shabbat, and pretty much ignore the surrounding context). To ignore the teaching in what the Master says in the Mark 9 passage, and the passages which he quotes from to make the point, (Isaiah 66:24 and Leviticus 2:13), is to do so in disregard to the Testimony of the Master in favor of ones own preferred biases and beliefs.

Here is the above post outside the quote box so that you can quote it in your response if you wish:

The Master refers the hearer and reader to the so-called "ceremonial law" in the following passage:

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Leviticus 2:13 is the only place in the Torah where the command to salt every sacrifice is given.

13 And every oblation of thy meat offering shalt thou season with salt; neither shalt thou suffer the salt of the covenant of thy God to be lacking from thy meat offering: with all thine offerings thou shalt offer salt.

That does not sound to me like it will ever be done away with because it does not mean what most people think, according to the Testimony of the Master in Mark 9, and we know that he says that the heavens and the earth shall pass away, but his words shall not pass away, (Mat 24:35, Mrk 13:31, Luk 21:33).

Moreover the Mark 9:43-49 passage not only quotes from Lev 2:13, but also from Isa 66:24, to expound and explain the meaning of the Isaiah 66:22-24 passage. Therefore, once one understands the teaching of the Master in this regard, if he or she then still desires to enter into the new heavens and the new earth foretold in that passage, (Isa 66:22-24), then it is long past time to begin plucking, chopping, cutting off limbs, and salting those sacrifices according to the commandment of the Master in Mark 9 and the commandment in Leviticus 2:13 to salt every sacrifice. Those therefore who believe the sacrifices are the innocent living souls and clean animals of the creation of Elohim do not understand and are still following the Pharisee way of seeing those things as outward, carnal, natural, and physical in meaning. Cutting off sin from your members and mortifying the deeds of the body and your members upon the earth is not "ceremonial law".

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This has been over a number of times.
Here is the most recent time, with reddogs, one of your fellow SDA's.

The Master in the Mark 9 passage even quotes from one of the SDA favorite passages, Isaiah 66:22-24, (but as anyone may see, by the amount of times this is quoted by SDA's, they really only like to quote Isa 66:23 alone, so as to make only one point about the Shabbat, and pretty much ignore the surrounding context). To ignore the teaching in what the Master says in the Mark 9 passage, and the passages which he quotes from to make the point, (Isaiah 66:24 and Leviticus 2:13), is to do so in disregard to the Testimony of the Master in favor of ones own preferred biases and beliefs.

Here is the above post outside the quote box so that you can quote it in your response if you wish:

The Master refers the hearer and reader to the so-called "ceremonial law" in the following passage:

We don’t interpret scripture the same and all of this still didn’t answer the question, but thats okay. Take care and God bless.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We don’t interpret scripture the same and all of this still didn’t answer the question, but thats okay. Take care and God bless.

This is not my interpretation and it does indeed commence the answer your question:

Mark 9:47-49 KJV

Sad to say but the reason so many things like this do not compute for the many is because such things are intentionally designed to break our programming and set us free. Those who refuse to hear will not be made free until they deny themselves, relinquish their will, and choose to hear the Master and understand. When we come to Meshiah we are purchased with a price and are no more our own, (1Cor 6:19-20), and we become debtors: and our debt is to no more walk according to the flesh, the old-man nature, and the natural mind of the natural man, (Rom 8:12-13), who cannot please Elohim because the natural mind cannot be subject to the Torah of Elohim, (Rom 8:6-8).

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t think you will find any post I wrote that said judgements are written in the heart- so not sure where you’re getting that from.

I understand ordiances are laws which is why I spelled out the ordiances I was referring to which is what the scriptures spell out in Heb 7, 9 and 10
Hey there SabbathBlessing
It was just your choice of wording "To me" in the initial quote below. You went from using the word law to commandments. As if there was a difference when all is the law. It didn't help that you went from talking about the law in our hearts to saying what changed at the cross without making a distinction stating that the laws which where of judgment were not ever in our hearts.

Hi Him,

Nice seeing you. The way I understand it God wrote all of His law in the hearts and minds of His people, including the law of Moses which Jesus and the apostles quote from i.e. Greatest commandments etc. What changed at the Cross was the commandments contained in ordinances

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hey there SabbathBlessing
It was just your choice of wording "To me" in the initial quote below. You went from using the word law to commandments. As if there was a difference when all is the law. It didn't help that you went from talking about the law in our hearts to saying what changed at the cross without making a distinction stating that the laws which where of judgment were not ever in our hearts.
Hey Him,

I use law as a generic term and the context is what determines which law and I think we both agree, not all law is the same like the Ten Commandments is a different law than the law of Moses etc.

In my initial post I was referring to the law contained in ordinances (in scripture it says the commandments contained in ordinances) in regards to what ended at the Cross which is in relation to the sacrificial system that all pointed to Jesus and ended with His great Sacrifice at the Cross and Him now being our Advocate, Mediator and High Priest which is why the New Covenant was established on better promises. Heb 8:6 So instead of sacrificing animals for sin, we can go directly to Jesus when we have a change in heart and direction and go to Him to confess and repent for our sins. I thought at some point we agreed on this, but perhaps I misunderstood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you would be better served allowing God to define the Standards, and not the religious men of this world who "come in Jesus Name" that HE warned us about.

How can you say Caleb and Joshua were not able to keep God's Sabbaths? Can you name ONE Example of Faith in the Bible that it is written was not able to keep God's Sabbath? In your religion, was Zacharias, Simeon and Anna also not able to keep God's Sabbath?

While it is true there were "many" in Israel who profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. And it is written these fell in the Wilderness and were not allowed into the Promised Land. Paul said these were examples to show God's People in our time, not to Lust after what they lusted after.

There were also those whose "Refuge was the Lord", who "Yielded themselves" Servants to Obey Him, who became "Servant of God's Righteousness" as Paul also teaches. These, according to Paul, were "Doers" of the Law, not just hearers.
Salvation doesn't come by being "doers" of the law. Paul was very adamant about that. It is and always was Salvation by faith. That fact is more fully understood in the New Testament, New Covenant. If any of us were trying to become righteous by our works Heaven would be a very lonesome place.
So it is simply a falsehood to teach others that Israelites couldn't keep God's Sabbaths. Sure, "many" who professed to know God, repaid His Kindness and mercy

Duet. 32:12 So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him. 13 He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock; 14 Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape.

With dishonor and rebellion;

15. But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. 16 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger. 17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not. 18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters. (Caleb and Joshua and others who honored God with respect and obedience) 20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

While it is true, they "said" they obeyed God's Sabbath Commandment, they were really walking in their own religious traditions as the Prophets and the Jesus of the Bible points out.

Ez. 20: 10 Wherefore I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt, and brought them into the wilderness. 11 And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them. 12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

But the Israelite from the Heart, Caleb and Joshua, had a different Spirit in them, and they walked in God's Sabbaths just as Jesus did. At least, if a person believes ALL that is written.
The standard for Sabbath observance is found in Is 58:13
“If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath
and from doing as you please on my holy day,
if you call the Sabbath a delight
and the Lord’s holy day honorable,
and if you honor it by not going your own way
and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,

Tell me you meet those standards. Are you able to go for the 24 hours without thinking or doing your own pleasure. I couldn't and I do not believe anyone else is able. Even pastors tell stories that are anything but Holy.

It was not that all the Bible characters you mentioned were holy, their works didn't save them, it was their faith just like Abraham. Everyone of us are sinners and when we accept Jesus as Savior, by His grace we are He alone forgives our wrong doing.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Salvation doesn't come by being "doers" of the law. Paul was very adamant about that. It is and always was Salvation by faith. That fact is more fully understood in the New Testament, New Covenant. If any of us were trying to become righteous by our works Heaven would be a very lonesome place.

Tell me you meet those standards. Are you able to go for the 24 hours without thinking or doing your own pleasure. I couldn't and I do not believe anyone else is able. Even pastors tell stories that are anything but Holy.

It was not that all the Bible characters you mentioned were holy, their works didn't save them, it was their faith just like Abraham. Everyone of us are sinners and when we accept Jesus as Savior, by His grace we are He alone forgives our wrong doing.
Heaven a lonesome place? Why? Because you haven't experienced God's saving grace in your life yet?

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Ellen White taught this. It was her favorite subject. It's found throughout her writings.

All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with
Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our
thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to
His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our
own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest
delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege
to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through
an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with
God, sin will become hateful to us. page 668 The Desire of Ages

Here's another one on righteousness by faith.

Many are inquiring, “How am I to make the surrender of myself
to God?” You desire to give yourself to Him, but you are weak in
moral power, in slavery to doubt, and controlled by the habits of your
life of sin. Your promises and resolutions are like ropes of sand. You
cannot control your thoughts, your impulses, your affections. The
knowledge of your broken promises and forfeited pledges weakens
your confidence in your own sincerity, and causes you to feel that
God cannot accept you; but you need not despair. What you need to
understand is the true force of the will. This is the governing power
in the nature of man, the power of decision, or of choice. Everything
depends on the right action of the will.
The power of choice God
has given to men; it is theirs to exercise. You cannot change your
heart, you cannot of yourself give to God its affections; but you can
choose to serve Him. You can give Him your will; He will then
work in you to will and to do according to His good pleasure
. Thus
your whole nature will be brought under the control of the Spirit of
Christ; your affections will be centered upon Him, your thoughts
will be in harmony with Him. Steps to Christ p, 47

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Salvation doesn't come by being "doers" of the law.

Men have their own adopted religions Bob. Paul said "The "Doers" of God's Law shall be saved, not the Transgressors of the Law". Transgressors of the Law must repent and "Put on" the New Man that "which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.. Not in this world's religions of course, in this world's religions that you are promoting, a man can reject any of God's Judgments and Commandments that might get in the way of their lusts and desires of this world, and it doesn't matter. Since I believe in the Biblical God, and the Jesus "of the bible", I no longer adopt the philosophies of the religion you are promoting and choose instead to "Yield myself" servants to obey God as the entire Bible instructs.

I get that your religion is seductive, and easy to adopt and followed by and promoted by "many" who come in Christ's Name, as Jesus Prophesied. Nevertheless, as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.

Paul was very adamant about that. It is and always was Salvation by faith.

Yes, but not "Faith" in the religions of this world. Rather, the Faith that was in Christ which was towards His Father. Faith in the God that Jesus Teaches us how to worship, Pray to, etc. That this same Jesus "of the Bible" said to know was "Eternal life".

That fact is more fully understood in the New Testament, New Covenant. If any of us were trying to become righteous by our works Heaven would be a very lonesome place.

This is true. According to Paul, "For by (God's) grace are ye saved through faith; (Belief in things not seen) and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of "God": 9 Not of (Mans) works, lest "any man" should boast.

10 For we are his (God's) workmanship, created in Christ Jesus "unto good works", "which "God" (Not the religions of this world you have adopted) hath before ordained that we should "walk" in them.

Paul tells you where these "Good works" are found. But you have been convinced, as was Eve, and by the same voice, that they are not worthy of man's honor and respect.

2 Tim. 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (Good Works, according to your Creator)

And why do His People need the Holy Scriptures?

17 That the man of God may be perfect, (As the Jesus "of the Bible" instructs) throughly furnished unto all "good works". As defined by the Creator of Good works. And why do we need to know what God's "Good Works" are?

Because the One True God " will render to every man according to his deeds".

Rom. 2:7 To them who by patient continuance "in well doing" seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

The deceiver would have us believe that man can reject God's Program, and create their own way into internal life, as your religious philosophy implies. The Bible shows by example, that although this philosophy is adopted by "Many", and it is seductive and easy to follow, the end results in everlasting death, not everlasting life.

I reply to your posts on occasion, to show other reading along, what the scriptures actually say, should they be interested in the God "of the Bible" and HIS Son, the Jesus "of the Bible". I understand that you will not be persuaded. Jesus told me so.

Serving God is something a man does from the heart. If I am called to serve God in Righteousness, but I am addicted to unrighteousness, what shall I do? If I truly Love God and am truly sorry (Repentant) for my dishonor and disrespect for Him, will I not "Press Toward the Mark of the Prize of Righteousness"? Will I stumble and fall as I learn to "Put on" the New man, "which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness? Sure, isn't that how men learn to "walk"?

And then what if I do stumble, and my mind wanders on God's Holy Sabbath? Shall I be like you and this world's religions, and preach to the world that the reason why men stumbled and fell, is Because "GOD" is a tyrant and created LAWS so egregious, so impossible to follow, that it is impossible to keep them? That God lied to men, and told men to keep a Sabbath impossible to keep, and then slaughtered thousands who didn't keep them? What hubris Bob!! What if, and I know "many" who call Jesus Lord, Lord, cannot even consider such a thing, but what if the problem is not God at all, or His Instruction in Righteousness"? What if the problem is the hubris of men, and the wickedness in their hearts, as the Bible actually teaches? What if the reason why you and others promote such philosophies, is because when they knew God, they didn't Glorify Him as God, and their foolish heart was darkened?

In the Scriptures, what happened to "Faithful" men who stumbled and fell?

Do they accuse God of lying to them, as you do? Do they accuse God of creating unjust, unreasonable, impossible to keep laws, like you do? Did they reject God and create their own or adopt a religion which "omits" the Judgments and Commandments of God they struggled in?

No Bob, the Pharisees did this. The Wicked Kings of Israel did this. The RCC did this, Her Daughters did this. You did this. But the Examples of Faithful men, given us in Scriptures did not do this?

When they stumbled and fell, they acknowledged their sin, wiped their eyes and, as Paul teaches "but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. If they fell again, they repented and "Labored" that they might be accepted by God. And what did God do to them? Chastise them, Yes? Forgive them, Yes? And what did god do to those who judged Him and rejected His instruction?

In the Scripture you referenced, the benefits of the Sabbath "Fast" from the world is shown to us.

"Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

If you were truly exercised by God's Instruction, you could never judge God and His instruction in the way that you do.

And now you have created your own religion, or adopted one which has erased God's Judgments and Commandments that don't suit you, but that's not enough is it? No, now you must demean others who believe what is actually written and convince them to Judge God and His Instruction with your judgments.

For this reason, I reply to your posts once in a while. To show others that the religious philosophies "many" are promoting here, are from this world's religions, not what the scriptures actually promote.

"Rejecting" and/or convincing others to reject God's Commandments and Judgments is wrong Bob. I know this world's religious businesses and sects imply that you can reject God's commandments and Judgments that don't suit you, as long as you do so "in Christ's Name", or while "calling Jesus Lord, Lord".

But that is a falsehood. At least according to the Jesus "of the Bible".

Reactions: Gary K
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Men have their own adopted religions Bob. Paul said "The "Doers" of God's Law shall be saved, not the Transgressors of the Law". Transgressors of the Law must repent and "Put on" the New Man that "which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.. Not in this world's religions of course, in this world's religions that you are promoting, a man can reject any of God's Judgments and Commandments that might get in the way of their lusts and desires of this world, and it doesn't matter. Since I believe in the Biblical God, and the Jesus "of the bible", I no longer adopt the philosophies of the religion you are promoting and choose instead to "Yield myself" servants to obey God as the entire Bible instructs.
Are you indicating that we are able to be saved without the shed blood of Jesus? It is not what we do, it is what Jesus has done. We are not saved by what we do. Out works are nothing but filthy rags. IS 64:6. By the way, what version of the scriptures translates "justified" as being "saved".

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Galatians 2:16
know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified

I get that your religion is seductive, and easy to adopt and followed by and promoted by "many" who come in Christ's Name, as Jesus Prophesied. Nevertheless, as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.
Yes indeed Studying, my seducer is Jesus Christ, through his ambassador, Paul. It appears yours is the Lord Moses.

"Rejecting" and/or convincing others to reject God's Commandments and Judgments is wrong Bob. I know this world's religious businesses and sects imply that you can reject God's commandments and Judgments that don't suit you, as long as you do so "in Christ's Name", or while "calling Jesus Lord, Lord".

But that is a falsehood. At least according to the Jesus "of the Bible".
Only in your eyes and a few others who will not take the word of the Apostles who taught the covenant Jesus proclaimed to them starting at Pentecost.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you indicating that we are able to be saved without the shed blood of Jesus? It is not what we do, it is what Jesus has done. We are not saved by what we do. Out works are nothing but filthy rags. IS 64:6. By the way, what version of the scriptures translates "justified" as being "saved".

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Galatians 2:16
know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified

Yes indeed Studying, my seducer is Jesus Christ, through his ambassador, Paul. It appears yours is the Lord Moses.

Only in your eyes and a few others who will not take the word of the Apostles who taught the covenant Jesus proclaimed to them starting at Pentecost.
Hey Bob,

Why do you keep ignoring my posts to you?

Upvote 0