Visit site
✟7,750.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever known any Muslims? I have. They are fine, honest, hardworking, loving people who take their faith seriously.
To call my friends evil is to insult them.
Such hatred coming from a person whose religions teaches love for our fellow man.

I agree with you. Stop the hatred and try to start conversations about our commonalities.

Reactions: LionL
Upvote 0

giftofGod2

Aug 16, 2016
cyberspace
✟15,845.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
A point to ponder:

One of the major "holy" sites of Islam is a plaque stating that God does not have a Son or sons. Also, I believe that I have heard that sharia law, when it is in full force, condemns with the death penalty any and all who would confess that Jesus is the Son of God.

The Bible, on the other hand, states,

1 John 4:15, Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

The reciprocal of the above statement would therefore also be true: Whosoever denies that Jesus is the Son of God is devoid of God...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

giftofGod2

Aug 16, 2016
cyberspace
✟15,845.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
@Kristen Johnson

Kristen, finding commonalities with Islam in order to try to bring the two religions together reeks of what will one day be the One-World Religion of the Antichrist.

Jesus said that the way to life is narrow and few there be that find it. He also said, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6.

• Haha
Reactions: LionL
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we Christians are beheaded by Muslims, so what? We'll be raised to life again. I mean, I'm not going to just surrender my head. But if it's a choice between living and renouncing my faith, my head will be gone.

Revelation 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

This is what will happen in the Tribulation (see the reference to the mark of the beast).

Revelation 14:12-13
12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful as we go.

Matthew 10:16-17
16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. 17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues.

Micah 7:5-6
5 Do not rely on a friend;
don’t trust in a close companion. Seal your mouth
from the woman who lies in your arms.
6 Surely a son considers his father a fool, a daughter opposes her mother,
and a daughter-in-law is against her mother-in-law;
a man’s enemies are the men of his own household.

We should be wise, but ultimately not afraid to lose our lives if it comes down to it.

Revelation 12:11
11 They conquered him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony, for they did not love their lives in the face of death.

Matthew 10:28
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:39
39 Anyone finding his life will lose it, and anyone losing his life because of Me will find it.

Luke 9:24
24 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it.

You would let your wife (if you had one) be abused and raped? There is no reason not to defend yourself, family, and friends or your country to protect all of the above. If someone is going to try to take my life they are in for the fight of my life. I will die for my Lord, and defending what God has given me to be a steward of.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, thank you. And sorry if I sounded that I question your sayings, I just wanted to know the scriptures. It is interesting how it can be against Christians, when it says Jesus is God’s prophet and we should believe God’s prophets.

And also, I am not saying that Islam is religion of peace.

Your are welcome. I needed to post these chapters and verses of the Qur'an and other can see them as well. I can't tell you haw serious a mistake the US is making by allowing 110,000 mostly Muslims into the US very soon if Mr. Obama gets his way.

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You would let your wife (if you had one) be abused and raped? There is no reason not to defend yourself, family, and friends or your country to protect all of the above. If someone is going to try to take my life they are in for the fight of my life. I will die for my Lord, and defending what God has given me to be a steward of.

We can do our best to be wise (like we are encouraged to do) and fulfill our responsibilities... however, if I live long enough to see the Tribulation, those are going to be hard times, and I would expect to be oppressed and killed during that time. I don't want to give myself permission to sin in order to protect myself. Let God avenge me the evils of my enemies; He will be glorified.

Luke 6:27-31
27 “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think an area where we as Christians have some difficulty in that we understand the Bible to be scripture, written by people whose encounter with God led them to write, stories of origins, stories of migration, stories of history, prophecy, poetry, wisdom, encouragement, and revelation. We accept those writing as divinely inspired. We regard them as the test of faith, what is true and what is in error. And we have rules about understanding the text (such as not expounding the text in a way that contradicts other parts of the text) and for the last couple of hundred years we have a tradition of scholarship called Biblical Criticism, which helps us get the meaning correctly, taking account of context and genre, history and purpose.

In Islam the noble Qu'ran is understood to be the actual utterances of Allah to the prophet Mohamed in the original Arabic and recorded contemporaneously. As the express utterances they can not be translated and can only be taught by those to whom the task is assigned. There is no tradition of criticism as the words are above that as they are the utterances of Allah. The Qu'ran as such is not scripture.

Comparing the Bible and the Qu'ran is not a profitable exercise, because the nature of the documents and the way they are understood to have authority is quite different.

Most people (be they Muslim or Christian) are not extremist fundamentalists who espouse principles over people. In the face of the contemporary situation when we are all to aware of Christians (especially Eastern Christians) being persecuted and indeed killed for their faith, we recall that the history of our own faith has numerous examples where we have failed to be true ambassadors of the Prince of Peace.

We in the West are seemingly committed to the separation of Church and State, which is in stark contradiction to the Islamic concept of Caliphate. Whilst the idea of Caliphate has struggled the concept it seems is still alive, though there are numbers of jurisdictions where the Islamic majority lives within a democratic republic or constitutional monarchy. It is not clear that this is considered an ideal arrangement within Islamic constructs, however it is probably a workable arrangement.

One of the difficulties we all face is that power corrupts. Where there is a separation of the religious establishment and the political machinery, there is the capacity for the government to be held to account on the basis of a moral compass. Where that is combined it seams easy to lose the compass bearing.

In the contemporary western world in which many of us find ourselves there seems to be something of a time warp. We have come to understand the matter of religion as the battle for hearts and minds, and suddenly we confront a group who still seem convinced about power and principality. None of this is easy, and none of it is getting any easier.

Upvote 0

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I wonder how insulted they are by being associated with the religion that gave the world the dynamite belt.
Quite insulted I should think - maybe as insulted as Christians are by being associated with the religion that gave the world, crossbows, rifles, machine guns, nuclear weapons etc....

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a Qur'an. I have read it, and I am really concerned about what it says. If Muslims believe the Qur'an is their Holy Book do they believe what it says?

Here's my issues. The Qur'an instructs Muslims to hate Christians and Jews. Killing Christians and Jews is doing Allah's will.

How can I trust a Muslim after reading the Qur'an. Do most Muslims never read the Quran? How can a person who believes the Qur'an to be their guide book, not obey its teaching about Christians and Jews?[/QUOTE

Are you sure that is what the Qur'an says? Because last time I checked the interpretation of the Quar'an that terrorists hold that makes them believe killing non-muslims is doing God's will, is not held as the general view in the muslim world.

I think you are misinterpreting the passages that made you believe the Qur'an teaches christens and Jews should be killed.

Still, it is best to ask these questions to muslims. Go somewhere online where muslims are at or google muslim views on those passages.

Here is a place. Ask your questions about the Qur'an there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,801.00
Faith
Non-Denom
One of the greatest difficulties with the Qu'ran is that it is forbidden to translate it into other languages. Any copy of the Qu'ran that is not in Arabic is, at best, considered to be merely an interpretation have of it. Thus, most people, including most Muslims, have never read, much less understood, its contents. Most Muslims are dependent upon imams to provide an understanding of its meaning. Add to that the Hagith, which further expands upon the teachings of the Qu'ran we have the makings of a very diverse and complex set of branches of Islam, each on of which claims to be the true religion revealed through his Prophet, Mohammed.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the greatest difficulties with the Qu'ran is that it is forbidden to translate it into other languages. Any copy of the Qu'ran that is not in Arabic is, at best, considered to be merely an interpretation have of it. Thus, most people, including most Muslims, have never read, much less understood, its contents. Most Muslims are dependent upon imams to provide an understanding of its meaning. Add to that the Hagith, which further expands upon the teachings of the Qu'ran we have the makings of a very diverse and complex set of branches of Islam, each on of which claims to be the true religion revealed through his Prophet, Mohammed.
There are numerous English translations of the Qur'an available in Amazon.com. Most of the world will not read this book.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, it seems almost like a different person wrote was written between the 2 times......

"A way" to look at it? One side is a person a victim of circumstances. The other side is a person who has the power to implement policy/rules/laws.

"Hug" the dove when you have no power thus disarming your opponents. Then when you have power you break the dove's neck.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

giftofGod2

Aug 16, 2016
cyberspace
✟15,845.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
First of all, the dove represents the Holy Spirit, to want to break His neck is very close to unpardonable.

Seondly, concerning reply #48---that is a good one, made me laugh.

Where in the Bible is there a mandate to create crossbows and other such weapons?

But the dynamite belt is most certainly equated with Islam, people who are not Muslims don't wear dynamite belts on purpose.

The Quran teaches it adherents that their only hope of real assurance (of going to the seventy-perpetual-virgin-heaven) is to die in a holy war, thus, the invention of the dynamite belt!

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a Qur'an. I have read it, and I am really concerned about what it says.
What you should be more concerned about is that none of the Western politicians seem to have read it, even after 40 years of Jihad. Of course, Barack Hussein Obama has not only read it but wants Jihad to succeed and destroy Christianity. ISIS mocked the Pope for not accepting the fact that Islam is NOT peaceful at all. And the proof is all around us.

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, the dove represents the Holy Spirit, to want to break His neck is very close to unpardonable.

No, in the case of my depiction the dove is not representative of the Holy Spirit but a symbol all religions recognize as 'peace.' If you were offended in thinking I made such a representation as you explained, then my apologies for not making it crystal clear for all.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What you should be more concerned about is that none of the Western politicians seem to have read it, even after 40 years of Jihad. Of course, Barack Hussein Obama has not only read it but wants Jihad to succeed and destroy Christianity. ISIS mocked the Pope for not accepting the fact that Islam is NOT peaceful at all. And the proof is all around us.

The Qur'an sits high on the top self of our Library, there is where we keep the books we feel represent views that are unchristian to the core. A few of those book are The Book of Mormon, Todays International Version or the TNIV, and the Qur'an. We feel these are best kept for those who are mature and can see for themselves the evil or the twisted scripture these represent, IOO. (In Our Opinion)

Upvote 0