Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On
Thread was Cleaned
images

To Not Flame and Goad
Each Other
If your post has been removed, it was either in violation or quoting another post that was. Please remember the no-flaming rule of the forum and to stay on topic to the original topic. Please treat each other with respect, including during debates.

The CF RULES:
http://www.christianforums.com/help/rules/

Further issues with this thread may result in further cleans, a permanent shut down, and member staff actions.

Carry On

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a Qur'an. I have read it, and I am really concerned about what it says. If Muslims believe the Qur'an is their Holy Book do they believe what it says?

Here's my issues. The Qur'an instructs Muslims to hate Christians and Jews. Killing Christians and Jews is doing Allah's will.

How can I trust a Muslim after reading the Qur'an. Do most Muslims never read the Quran? How can a person who believes the Qur'an to be their guide book, not obey its teaching about Christians and Jews?
Can I ask how this correlates with Christian theology?

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

We don't get a free pass to fear or hate people because they might be inspired to kill us.

Matthew 10:28
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Not every Muslim is serious about doing everything it says in the Qu'ran, even as not every Christian (at least, not every professing Christian) is serious about doing everything it says in the Bible (Matthew 7:21-27). Probably a significant number of Muslims are ignorant of what the Qu'ran teaches, just like a significant number of Christians are ignorant of what the Bible teaches.

We are commanded to love our enemies, do good to those who hurt and mistreat us, forgive them, etc. I think God is using some Muslims to test the Christians' faith, to see if they are committed to obeying Jesus.

Here's a song from a man who's faith was tested when Muslims slaughtered his father for his Christian faith and ministry:

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Question should be: Are you misinterpreting what the quran says, or are the majority of muslims across the world misinterpreting? How are you more right than the actual followers of the religion? It sounds like Some of us in the west aren't getting something. Think about how many non-Christians misinterpret scripture.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I do not understand what specifically you want, as Islam and Christianity are as different as black is from white, evil I rom good.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Question should be: Are you misinterpreting what the quran says, or are the majority of muslims across the world misinterpreting? How are you more right than the actual followers of the religion? It sounds like Some of us in the west aren't getting something. Think about how many non-Christians misinterpret scripture.

No, this isn't it...

Former Muslims such as Nabeel Qureshi indicate that the Qur'an does call for the killing of Christians. It wasn't something he was aware of as he grew up. They don't typically translate it from Arabic, they don't necessarily study it, and some Muslims don't even know Arabic (or know the ancient Arabic) so they only know what they hear from their imams and other religious leaders. I encourage you to read Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus and you'll understand their culture a little better.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do not understand what specifically you want, as Islam and Christianity are as different as black is from white, evil I rom good.

I tried to address what I think he was asking you. Your OP asked how we can trust Muslims since the Qur'an calls for our deaths. We can't change the Qur'an, but we can control how we respond to Muslims. We can love them, pray for them, share the gospel with them, forgive them when they mistreat us, fear God more than we fear them... Do we trust that every one of them is peaceful towards Christians? Of course not. But the reality of the violence of Islam isn't an excuse to fear them, withhold the gospel, hate them, mistreat them, withhold forgiveness when they injure us, etc. Nabeel Qureshi wrote a book called "Answering Jihad" to address the reality of Jihad and how we should respond as Christians.

John 2:23-25
23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did. 24 But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, 25 and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I tried to address what I think he was asking you. Your OP asked how we can trust Muslims since the Qur'an calls for our deaths. We can't change the Qur'an, but we can control how we respond to Muslims. We can love them, pray for them, share the gospel with them, forgive them when they mistreat us, fear God more than we fear them... Do we trust that every one of them is peaceful towards Christians? Of course not. But the reality of the violence of Islam isn't an excuse to fear them, withhold the gospel, hate them, mistreat them, withhold forgiveness when they injure us, etc. Nabeel Qureshi wrote a book called "Answering Jihad" to address the reality of Jihad and how we should respond as Christians.

John 2:23-25
23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did. 24 But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, 25 and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.

When rebuilding the wall those doing so kept full armed and so did those resting. We too must be ready, but have the olive Branch of peace held out. But never let willingness to seek to love and forgive, become so relaxed that a knife removes out head form our body. Seek peace, but be on guard because the devil and those who serve him) seek to destroy us.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, this forum is for discussion about general Christian theology, not muslim....perhaps a different forum would be more in order?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, this isn't it...

Former Muslims such as Nabeel Qureshi indicate that the Qur'an does call for the killing of Christians. It wasn't something he was aware of as he grew up. They don't typically translate it from Arabic, they don't necessarily study it, and some Muslims don't even know Arabic (or know the ancient Arabic) so they only know what they hear from their imams and other religious leaders. I encourage you to read Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus and you'll understand their culture a little better.

I know part of that from personal experience of interacting with many a muslims in my life. It is exactly what I thought. I talked to a missionary recruiter for Frontiers, who specifically minister to muslims. This just confirms what he said and what I have experienced first hand. Islam, like CHristianity, is most likely 70-90% nominal and practiceionrs of the religion, but actually being faithful to it is another story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Exactly, so why is this in the Christian theology section? Shouldn't this be addressed in a more appropriate section where you can get answers from actual muslims or folks who most likely evangelize to muslims? It would be better to ask actual muslims this sort of question, not a bunch of would be Christian theologians.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When rebuilding the wall those doing so kept full armed and so did those resting. We too must be ready, but have the olive Branch of peace held out. But never let willingness to seek to love and forgive, become so relaxed that a knife removes out head form our body. Seek peace, but be on guard because the devil and those who serve him) seek to destroy us.

If we Christians are beheaded by Muslims, so what? We'll be raised to life again. I mean, I'm not going to just surrender my head. But if it's a choice between living and renouncing my faith, my head will be gone.

Revelation 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

This is what will happen in the Tribulation (see the reference to the mark of the beast).

Revelation 14:12-13
12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful as we go.

Matthew 10:16-17
16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. 17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues.

Micah 7:5-6
5 Do not rely on a friend;
don’t trust in a close companion. Seal your mouth
from the woman who lies in your arms.
6 Surely a son considers his father a fool, a daughter opposes her mother,
and a daughter-in-law is against her mother-in-law;
a man’s enemies are the men of his own household.

We should be wise, but ultimately not afraid to lose our lives if it comes down to it.

Revelation 12:11
11 They conquered him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony, for they did not love their lives in the face of death.

Matthew 10:28
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:39
39 Anyone finding his life will lose it, and anyone losing his life because of Me will find it.

Luke 9:24
24 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Exactly, so why is this in the Christian theology section? Shouldn't this be addressed in a more appropriate section where you can get answers from actual muslims or folks who most likely evangelize to muslims? It would be better to ask actual muslims this sort of question, not a bunch of would be Christian theologians.

We are Christians. If you want to ask Muslims, you're probably going to get different answers depending on who you ask. I don't think that was the point of the thread (to see what Muslims think about the Qur'an's statements about killing Christians). If you want to ask them, by all means, go ahead. However, I think I'd prefer to center my conversations with Muslims on Jesus.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
We are Christians. If you want to ask Muslims, you're probably going to get different answers depending on who you ask. I don't think that was the point of the thread (to see what Muslims think about the Qur'an's statements about killing Christians). If you want to ask them, by all means, go ahead. However, I think I'd prefer to center my conversations with Muslims on Jesus.
DO you ask an atheist about Christanity or a Christian? Because that is my line of logic. I don't understand the point of the thread then, is he trying to do a theological comparison between the two?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
DO you ask an atheist about Christanity or a Christian? Because that is my line of logic. I don't understand the point of the thread then, is he trying to do a theological comparison between the two?

The Qur'an isn't truth. Neither is naturalism. The Bible is truth.

If you want to ask Muslims what they believe the Qur'an says about Christians, you will probably get different answers depending whether the Muslim has actually studied the Qur'an and whether he or she feels like being honest. The Qur'an permits lying for a variety of reasons, such as to protect the interests of Islam (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/taqiyya.aspx) so you cannot expect a true answer.

Asking Muslims what they believe is one thing (granted, they can still lie). But it's better to understand Islamic doctrine, I think, through the lens of a Christian who has the Holy Spirit and actually studies the Qur'an and the Hadith.

As I've said multiple times now, I consider Nabeel Qureshi to be a good authority because he understands Islam (he grew up Muslim and was very zealous for Islam) but he is now a Christian zealous for Christ. It took about 3 or 4 years of intense study of Christianity and Islam before God had prepared his heart to repent and believe in Jesus as his Savior. Nabeel's best friend David Wood (the Christian with him all this time arguing with him) is also pretty sharp on what Islam teaches--made so by his continuous interacting with Nabeel and the research he needed to do for those arguments.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The 'christian extremist' prays for those who don't believe.
Today. Because Christian militant fervor burnt itself (and a third of Europe) out with the wars of the Reformation, and ended up having its fangs pulled out in the Treaty of Westphalia.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Clearly you either passed over the majority of the Quran or just found this. You got to be kidding, really? By the way Muslims do not believe Jesus was raised from the dead.
In the Qur'an Chapter 3. verse28. Chapter 4.verse 88 Chapter 5 verse 7, 73. All these versed in the Quran tell that Christian and Jews are Infidels Also in Chapter 5 verse51 Muslims are forbidden from making friends with Christians and Jews. %.101 Muslims are commanded not to question things in the Qur'an. 6.21 People who do not believe in Islam are wicked and will not prosper. 8.12 Chopping off heads and fingers of infidels who are opposed to Allah and Mohammed is taught here. 8.60 Muslims are commanded to attack and terrorize the Infidels.

Here are some more Chapters and verses that Allah ordered Mohammed to incite people to kill Infidels. 2.216,271,244; 3.121;4.76; 8.12, 13, 39, 67; 9.5,29, 41, 73, 111,; 47.4-6, 35... compare this to Matthew 5:43-48.

Read the Qur'an for yourself, do not take my word for it. To call Islam a "religion of peace" is like having rattlesnake's venom for your infants milk.

Ok, thank you. And sorry if I sounded that I question your sayings, I just wanted to know the scriptures. It is interesting how it can be against Christians, when it says Jesus is God’s prophet and we should believe God’s prophets.

And also, I am not saying that Islam is religion of peace.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today. Because Christian militant fervor burnt itself (and a third of Europe) out with the wars of the Reformation, and ended up having its fangs pulled out in the Treaty of Westphalia.

Hi vicomte,

Absolutely!!! There was a time and a faith that believed that what God was teaching us through His Son, His Spirit and His word was that we had to make everyone believe. Finally, wiser heads prevailed and came to understand that not even God will force people to believe. Faith in Jesus and the salvation that our God offers is a personal choice that each one of us must make. The Scriptures are clear that not everyone will. Sadly, the perpetrators of those days that you speak of are still on the loose and still teaching lies. They're just different ones.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Muslims who choose to obey secular legal codes in the west do not practice all the verses of the Koran, but want to be called Muslims.

There are violent verses in the Qu'ran. One of these is:
“They (Unbelievers) wish that you would reject faith (Islam) as they have rejected faith (Islam) unless that you would all be equal. So, don’t take protectors from them unless they emigrate (leave the country) in the way of Allah, but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them.” 4:89

Christianity has more laws against murder. Buddha was not as violent. The Hindus are not as violent.

Upvote 0