Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a Qur'an. I have read it, and I am really concerned about what it says. If Muslims believe the Qur'an is their Holy Book do they believe what it says?

Here's my issues. The Qur'an instructs Muslims to hate Christians and Jews. Killing Christians and Jews is doing Allah's will.

How can I trust a Muslim after reading the Qur'an. Do most Muslims never read the Quran? How can a person who believes the Qur'an to be their guide book, not obey its teaching about Christians and Jews?

OneChristianLight

Jun 26, 2016
Houston, TX
✟15,802.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
How can I trust a Muslim after reading the Qur'an.

You can trust moderate Muslims because they don't actually believe in hating Christians and Jews.

Fundamentalist Islam instructs its adherents to stone people to death for sexual indiscretions, amputate the hands of thieves, and kill former Muslims who changed their faith. But the majority of Muslims in the world, who are moderate, don't believe in any of these things.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
It is dangerous to read both the Qu'ran and the Bible.
Reason being, it can tear at your mind, this says this, but this says this.

Beyond that, "radical Islamic terrorists" are not radical at all, because they are the ones who follow their book.
Any moderate Muslim, or peaceful Muslim does not follow their book.

Muslim people are very zealous in their religion, they read their book very much.
Some Christians do very well, and read their bible. Many Christians, however, do not read their bible, and are not zealous.

Christians do well, how much more a zealous Muslim who is become a Christian? Do not hate those people, stay away from them, but the days will come that they will be some of the greatest Christians. This will be during the time when the Spirit of God is poured out over the whole world, and the manifest sons and daughters are around to be sought after among all nations. Then Ex-Muslims will have great testimonies, and lead people to the Lord.

Upvote 0

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟29,536.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I would do more, say more, against their evil.
Have you ever known any Muslims? I have. They are fine, honest, hardworking, loving people who take their faith seriously.
To call my friends evil is to insult them.
Such hatred coming from a person whose religions teaches love for our fellow man.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ask you again, do you know any Muslims? If you did you wuld find them peaceful, loving folk

I do outside of the West. The peaceful people and families end up in three categories:

1. subdued to the will of the Jihadis
2. live in hiding and fear
3. Are dead

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yet more Muslim bashing. What you've said is an insult to the vast majority of Muslims.

No, I am asking how can a Muslin even accept much of anything the Qur'an says. If they do not believe it why say its your holy book?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's the same with the Bible which would have us execute homosexuals - of course none of us would contemplate such a thing, would we.......?

You are incorrect. Ay a very specific time and in a situation like when Sodom was mainly sodomites God addressed such immoral acts. God does not tell us to stone homosexual people. Jesus said we are to love people. Like all of we have sin in our selves that we hate doing.

Please keep in context and in place the situation stoning was called for and the reason. Anything can be proved in the Bible if taken out of context. The Bible in particular the Old Testament must be read as the History of how God has dealt with the human race from creation to before Jesus was Born. But much of the O T we can comfort us with. Psalm is one w. hich people, even non believers quote. I love the Book of Psalm. I find the O T full of instruction of how to live a better life and be a better husband and father.

The New Testament is for us today totally. Jesus Christ is the reason for the N T

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They are peaceful and they are Muslims so your statement is false.

No more so than any other religion. How many heretics have been killed by Christians over the years? How many 'heathens' conquered and executed?

Again you insult my friends and call them liars.

Since you said that Muslims are violent and any who are not are not real Muslims. This statement is hateful and a lie.

I understand you only too well

Please tell me the last time you heard of a Christian putting bombs in a trash can to kill runners in a huge race? When have you heard of an honor killing by a Christian father? When have you seen a plane taken over by Christians and flown into a skyscraper, and killing 2,700 people. Where have you heard of in the Bible men are encouraged to hate anyone?

Best rethink your statement that Christians are doing about the same as Muslims.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...The Qur'an instructs Muslims to hate Christians and Jews...

That is interesting, because Quran says also:

…The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of …So believe in Allah and His messengers…
Surat An-Nisā' 4:171
http://quran.com/4/171

Can you please tell where in the Quran it is instructs Muslims to hate Christians and Jews?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi farout,

The muslim faith has the same kind of practioners that the christian faith has. Some derive some sort of satisfaction in belonging to the group, but don't really believe all that the 'good book' tells them.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is interesting, because Quran says also:

…The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of …So believe in Allah and His messengers…
Surat An-Nisā' 4:171
http://quran.com/4/171

Can you please tell where in the Quran it is instructs Muslims to hate Christians and Jews?

Clearly you either passed over the majority of the Quran or just found this. You got to be kidding, really? By the way Muslims do not believe Jesus was raised from the dead.
In the Qur'an Chapter 3. verse28. Chapter 4.verse 88 Chapter 5 verse 7, 73. All these versed in the Quran tell that Christian and Jews are Infidels Also in Chapter 5 verse51 Muslims are forbidden from making friends with Christians and Jews. %.101 Muslims are commanded not to question things in the Qur'an. 6.21 People who do not believe in Islam are wicked and will not prosper. 8.12 Chopping off heads and fingers of infidels who are opposed to Allah and Mohammed is taught here. 8.60 Muslims are commanded to attack and terrorize the Infidels.

Here are some more Chapters and verses that Allah ordered Mohammed to incite people to kill Infidels. 2.216,271,244; 3.121;4.76; 8.12, 13, 39, 67; 9.5,29, 41, 73, 111,; 47.4-6, 35... compare this to Matthew 5:43-48.

Read the Qur'an for yourself, do not take my word for it. To call Islam a "religion of peace" is like having rattlesnake's venom for your infants milk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi farout,

The muslim faith has the same kind of practioners that the christian faith has. Some derive some sort of satisfaction in belonging to the group, but don't really believe all that the 'good book' tells them.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Ted, the Qur'an is a very hateful book, and to be the guide for a religion is most disturbing. The Qur'an and the Bible are NOT even close to the same.

Those who call themselves Christians even those who do not read the Bible, are never instructed to kill those who do not accept the Bible as the Word of God. those "practioners" of the Qur'an, if they follow the Qur'an are not just wanting the satisfaction of belonging to a group, IMO.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ted, the Qur'an is a very hateful book, and to be the guide for a religion is most disturbing. The Qur'an and the Bible are NOT even close to the same.

Those who call themselves Christians even those who do not read the Bible, are never instructed to kill those who do not accept the Bible as the Word of God. those "practioners" of the Qur'an, if they follow the Qur'an are not just wanting the satisfaction of belonging to a group, IMO.

Hi farout,

Yes, I understand that and agree with your assessment. What I'm saying is that some practitioners of that faith, much like the christian faith aren't particularly knowledgeable in what their faith actually teaches.

I've watched several documentaries on how young brits and americans are seduced into the islamic faith and yes, at some level, there is a satisfaction of belonging to the group. Because it renounces worldliness and encourages a type of simple living that, just as when I was a kid and the hippy 'free love and peace' were what all the young and disenfranchised thought that they wanted, is what some of these youths are seeking. In my youth they joined communes and sat around thinking great philosophical thoughts about the world's problems and how to fix them.

So, while my explanation certainly doesn't cover all those who practice the faith, I think it covers a great deal of them who do claim to practice the faith, but don't really know enough about all that the faith teaches. They just like belonging to the group of people that seem to associate with them.

But yes, absolutely, I can't imagine anyone who has seen all the car bombings in Israel and the death and destruction perpetrated all over the globe by what the media wants to call the 'muslim extremists', that anyone would think that it isn't a violent faith practice. The problem is that in our effort to be appeasing to everyone we can't allow that it's actually the 'muslim extremists' who are really practicing the faith and not the side liners who are just like the pew sitters in christian fellowships.

Billy Graham and many others like him go out and teach and preach and walk and live the whole faith that the Scriptures instruct of us. So, Billy Graham is a 'christian extremist'. The good news is that becoming a 'christian extremist' means that you never kill anyone or hate anyone for that matter. You are always quick to forgive slights and hurts. You do this because that is the basic foundational message to born again believers in the christian faith as to how now shall we live.

On the other hand, if you're a 'muslim extremist' and practice everything that islam teaches that its followers should do in living out their lives, you need to carry a very big and very sharp sword because yes, you are commanded to kill those who don't believe. The 'christian extremist' prays for those who don't believe.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi farout,

Yes, I understand that and agree with your assessment. What I'm saying is that some practitioners of that faith, much like the christian faith aren't particularly knowledgeable in what their faith actually teaches.

I've watched several documentaries on how young brits and americans are seduced into the islamic faith and yes, at some level, there is a satisfaction of belonging to the group. Because it renounces worldliness and encourages a type of simple living that, just as when I was a kid and the hippy 'free love and peace' were what all the young and disenfranchised thought that they wanted, is what some of these youths are seeking. In my youth they joined communes and sat around thinking great philosophical thoughts about the world's problems and how to fix them.

So, while my explanation certainly doesn't cover all those who practice the faith, I think it covers a great deal of them who do claim to practice the faith, but don't really know enough about all that the faith teaches. They just like belonging to the group of people that seem to associate with them.

But yes, absolutely, I can't imagine anyone who has seen all the car bombings in Israel and the death and destruction perpetrated all over the globe by what the media wants to call the 'muslim extremists', that anyone would think that it isn't a violent faith practice. The problem is that in our effort to be appeasing to everyone we can't allow that it's actually the 'muslim extremists' who are really practicing the faith and not the side liners who are just like the pew sitters in christian fellowships.

Billy Graham and many others like him go out and teach and preach and walk and live the whole faith that the Scriptures instruct of us. So, Billy Graham is a 'christian extremist'. The good news is that becoming a 'christian extremist' means that you never kill anyone or hate anyone for that matter. You are always quick to forgive slights and hurts. You do this because that is the basic foundational message to born again believers in the christian faith as to how now shall we live.

On the other hand, if you're a 'muslim extremist' and practice everything that islam teaches that its followers should do in living out their lives, you need to carry a very big and very sharp sword because yes, you are commanded to kill those who don't believe. The 'christian extremist' prays for those who don't believe.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Ted, you have said it well. We do live in a constantly changing world where the young and impressionable seeking a closeness to knowing who they are, where they are going and even why. Minds take twenty-five to thirty years to fully develop, and hopefully by then are potty trained.

Humans have a need to be wanted, and a part of something. Children who have not been given some meaning for life, can be more apt to more open to joining groups that restrict ones liberties, in order to conform to the groups standard, then they are given small amounts of personal choice. The Military does this in boot camps.

Few balk in this if they see reason that seems to fit their world view. I am so glad I am a older adult.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟217,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet more Muslim bashing. What you've said is an insult to the vast majority of Muslims.
I wonder how insulted they are by being associated with the religion that gave the world the dynamite belt.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have a Qur'an. I have read it, and I am really concerned about what it says. If Muslims believe the Qur'an is their Holy Book do they believe what it says?

Here's my issues. The Qur'an instructs Muslims to hate Christians and Jews. Killing Christians and Jews is doing Allah's will.

How can I trust a Muslim after reading the Qur'an. Do most Muslims never read the Quran? How can a person who believes the Qur'an to be their guide book, not obey its teaching about Christians and Jews?

Hi!

Former Muslim Nabeel Qureshi wrote a wonderful book called Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus, that tells the story of his journey and the major theological differences between Christianity and Islam. He has also written two more books - Answering Jihad and No God But One. I highly recommend reading his books. (Also, everyone who knows is praying for God to heal him of serious stomach cancer.)

Nabeel's friend David Wood played a huge part in Nabeel researching Christianity and Islam and in challenging his faith. David has a ministry today called Acts 17 Apologetics. He has a YouTube channel (https://m.youtube.com/user/Acts17Apologetics) and he engages lots of Muslims in conversations, encouraging them to study the foundation of their faith and consider the claims of Christianity. Many Muslims have left Islam and many have also come to Christ through David's ministry.

The evangelistic film More Than Dreams is one of my favorites. It's the stories of five former Muslims from five different countries. Their experiences are kind of a cross-section of the different ways Muslims experience their faith and family life. There are nominal and serious Muslims, and even an extremist. There's a teenager (grown up), young men, and older men. There are males and a female. There are peaceful people and those whose hands are against everyone. There are happy people and depressed people, people with good flesh and those weighed down with all kinds of sins. Anyway, these five--and millions more--had visions or dreams of Jesus, which compelled them to learn more. Each eventually became a Christian and grew in their faith. You can rent the DVD of More Than Dreams from Netflix, watch it by section for free from www.morethandreams.org, or buy the DVD online (for example, from www.messengerfilms.com). I highly recommend it to all Christians and Muslims alike.

Last edited:
Upvote 0