The law of non contradiction proves the Bible to be true.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not me, not at all. I am not going to take responsibility for others like that. God holds us accountable for the influence that we have on people.

Explain post 308 from the; what is science thread please:

"No, I expect them to do the opposite, that is my way to control and manipulate them. I feel it is a lot more effective then to use intimidation. My mamma did not raise no dummies."

Reactions: Black Dog
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the Second Person of the Trinity.
As far as I know the word: "Trinity" is not in the Bible. I only work with words that I can find in the Hebrew or the Greek Bible. Although in this case we are working with the words logos and logic. Both are from the Greek.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I was talking about the plastic that they developed in the 50's. I was not talking about the Celluloid or backlite that they had before plastic was developed.

Bakelite and celluloid are plastics, as are a great many other polymers (polythene for one) all discovered well before the 1950s.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
As far as I know the word: "Trinity" is not in the Bible. I only work with words that I can find in the Hebrew or the Greek Bible. Although in this case we are working with the words logos and logic. Both are from the Greek.

Λογος appears in the Bible, λογική does not.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Λογος appears in the Bible, λογική does not.
Yes, the point is that Logic is not a Theological term it is a science term as my premise is that Science proves the Bible so I have to use science terms. The basic premise is that God created the laws of the universe. So the natural law, like the laws of logic shows that the Bible is accurate and true. If for no other reason then that there are NO contradictions. The Bible uses words like wisdom, knowledge, understanding. I am trying to trace logic back to the Egyptians & Sumerians, but a lot of the terms are Greek so they just trace logic back to the Greeks. According to Wiki: "The roots of algebra can be traced to the ancient Babylonians,[9] who developed an advanced arithmetical system with which they were able to do calculations in an algorithmic fashion. Of course Babylon came after the Sumerians but a lot of their Science began with the Sumerian people.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bakelite and celluloid are plastics, as are a great many other polymers (polythene for one) all discovered well before the 1950s.
I did not know that celluloid and bakelite were plastic. Although I know that most everything is considered a polymer.

Upvote 0

AionPhanes

Jan 1, 2015
Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Joshua19 "There are 7 words here in the Hebrew. If this is true then the rest of the Bible is true..."

While I do look to the Bible for comfort, and also have a high view of it, I'm not sure that follows. For starters people would probably point out that "the Bible" isn't a single text of uniform authorship. Some of the books were authored over a thousand years after Genesis. Even if the fellow who wrote Genesis happened to be on to something with his first few verses that in no way verifies the quality of the other books Jewish and later Christian assemblies decided to bind together with it over the centuries. It doesn't even verify the other verses in the same book.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Yes, the point is that Logic is not a Theological term it is a science term as my premise is that Science proves the Bible so I have to use science terms. The basic premise is that God created the laws of the universe. So the natural law, like the laws of logic shows that the Bible is accurate and true. If for no other reason then that there are NO contradictions. The Bible uses words like wisdom, knowledge, understanding. I am trying to trace logic back to the Egyptians & Sumerians, but a lot of the terms are Greek so they just trace logic back to the Greeks. According to Wiki: "The roots of algebra can be traced to the ancient Babylonians,[9] who developed an advanced arithmetical system with which they were able to do calculations in an algorithmic fashion. Of course Babylon came after the Sumerians but a lot of their Science began with the Sumerian people.

Hi,

Other than my accidental Biblical work, when I was an agnostic, but highly skeptical, I have heard of not another person yet, who has proved the Bible right using The Scientific Method, of which there are many.

Are you aware of anyone else, and it was not science per se, it was the controlled experiments that actually showed something.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Other than my accidental Biblical work, when I was an agnostic, but highly skeptical, I have heard of not another person yet, who has proved the Bible right using The Scientific Method, of which there are many.

Are you aware of anyone else, and it was not science per se, it was the controlled experiments that actually showed something.

LOVE,
Could you provide a link to this study?

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yes, the point is that Logic is not a Theological term it is a science term as my premise is that Science proves the Bible so I have to use science terms. The basic premise is that God created the laws of the universe. So the natural law, like the laws of logic shows that the Bible is accurate and true.

Neither logic nor the physical sciences have anything to say about the veracity of the Bible - one way or the other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

LOVE,
For well over 100 years science has been using the scientific method to prove the Bible is accurate and true, esp in the area of archaeology. This may have more to do with the historical accuracy of the Bible but this is still relevant. In
Bible school, in Sunday school teachers training class I asked what should we be teaching. The answer was: anything. We should teach any Bible truth that we can so that people can learn more about the Bible.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Could you provide a link to this study?

Hi,

That is from my own personal work, and per se it is no study, as it was done under the normal methods used in Corporate Research where patents are stolen fast, thus trade secrets are the rule of the day.

Work of this type is duplicated to find veracity, by those opposing it or it is tested the same way the tests were originally done.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,867.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Neither logic nor the physical sciences have anything to say about the veracity of the Bible - one way or the other.

That would depend on the interpretation of the Bible one is using. If one interprets the Bible as saying there was a world wide flood within the last 100,000 then science has something to say.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joshua19 "There are 7 words here in the Hebrew. If this is true then the rest of the Bible is true..."

While I do look to the Bible for comfort, and also have a high view of it, I'm not sure that follows. For starters people would probably point out that "the Bible" isn't a single text of uniform authorship. Some of the books were authored over a thousand years after Genesis. Even if the fellow who wrote Genesis happened to be on to something with his first few verses that in no way verifies the quality of the other books Jewish and later Christian assemblies decided to bind together with it over the centuries. It doesn't even verify the other verses in the same book.
The fact that there are multiple authors for the Bible just demonstrates all the more the inspiration of the Bible as the word of the Living God. For that many people not to contradict each other and not to contradict themselves is nothing short of a miracle. "let God be true, but every man a liar" Rom 3:4 Only God can be true, only God can stand the test of time.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would depend on the interpretation of the Bible one is using. If one interprets the Bible as saying there was a world wide flood within the last 100,000 then science has something to say.
Depends on how you define the world wide flood. There was a lot of flooding at the end of the ice age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
For well over 100 years science has been using the scientific method to prove the Bible is accurate and true, esp in the area of archaeology. This may have more to do with the historical accuracy of the Bible but this is still relevant. In
Bible school, in Sunday school teachers training class I asked what should we be teaching. The answer was: anything. We should teach any Bible truth that we can so that people can learn more about the Bible.

Hi,

What you teach though, requires that you understand it. Usually in my trade it means that I personally have done the work, or that I personally understand the work.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

What you teach though, requires that you understand it. Usually in my trade it means that I personally have done the work, or that I personally understand the work.

LOVE,
My sister was a teacher at a two year college. When she got her masters degree she got a job at a university teaching. She said as a teacher the only thing you need to do is to be ONE chapter ahead of your class. That is all they do, they teach the book. In some third world nations the students can not afford the book and the teacher is the only one to have a copy of the book that she is teaching from. I remember at the time her project for her masters degree was to put her resume on a CD disk. That was a big deal back then. Now maybe a kindergarten student could do that.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic

Hi,

And your point is valid. When I looked up the supposed flooding of the earth 1700 BCE or so, it was from the point of view that I had actually done all the begets and begats in the Bible. Notice, I had done that work. I did not read about someone else doing it. I did that work. And it takes awhile to do.

Adam, using the very same methods, is roughly 4700 years old. So, I spread that around when I was done trying to find everything that I could find wrong with the Bible.

Those are the only two items I found. Within weeks, a Baptist came up to me and said that I was wrong. I asked him what he had. He gave me a book. Only, it was written so difficultly that I could not understand it.

I had my first nibble though, that my work might have an error. I waited and waited. Finally in and about 1996, or 1997 or so, (Age puts a damper on old work timing.), I found a gruop that I could call.

I made the phone call and in those days it was not cheap. I left of all things, my few words about the age of Adam, and the fact that most people living then, (if my work was correct), did not notice that they died in any way, if Noah's Ark actually happened in 1700 BCE or so, I left them on a voice recorder commonly used back then.

Oh by the way, Geology is a stretch for me. It is important to understand the point being tested. So, I was a little further removed than I wanted to be, but I found nothing else that would stand up with a proof.

They eventually got back to me, and they could show plausibly the errors in my work, and they in fact told me what all those references in the Bible said. It is that Noah's Ark is prehistory, and not easly dated. They went into begats and begats, missing people in the various timelines and how begets and begats were used in ways other than we do today, which is father son. Jesus, being begat by David, is one example.

Studying the Bible to me for veractity, is to study what you know. So, rumors can't be used. Other people's work can't be used.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
My sister was a teacher at a two year college. When she got her masters degree she got a job at a university teaching. She said as a teacher the only thing you need to do is to be ONE chapter ahead of your class. That is all they do, they teach the book. In some third world nations the students can not afford the book and the teacher is the only one to have a copy of the book that she is teaching from. I remember at the time her project for her masters degree was to put her resume on a CD disk. That was a big deal back then. Now maybe a kindergarten student could do that.

Hi,

And to be a researcher one has to know all that is in the chapters and has to do the work him/herself.

A researcher is not allowed to say things which he/she has not proven herself. I had to know for instance the actual definitions of all the words the way they were meant, with no errors if I did some things.

If I could not find those defintions, the way they were meant, not someone else's unproven opinion, then I had to find out what they meant, or I could not use those words in my work.

Reseach is about knowing. And it is about, how much you know of what you know, thus knowing the amount of error, usually in percentages, in each thing I or someone else knew, had to be done. It is called calibrations.

Yes, even people were calibrated. If I used a person, in a field, I had to know how much I could use what they said as true, and how much was false, percentage wise.

Does not everyone know that? It is standard, in research. All things are calibrated, as all things normally, have some error in them, even equipment has some error.

Teaching is not a discipline of knowing, and then giving the information, that is why I was keen on becoming a professor. I was so tired of students being lied to.

LOVE,

Upvote 0