The law of non contradiction proves the Bible to be true.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
With God there is no third value. You are either for God or against God. "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." matt 12:20 Tks for helping me to make my point.

Random response is random.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Random response is random.
There is no random response in the Bible. Everything with God is yes and amen. " I watch over my word to perform it. " God watches over His word to perform it. He makes sure there are not any glitches.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There are no contradictions in the Bible and that shows the Bible to be absolute truth

Simply not true.

God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8

Although I should not say this because now people will start play acting and claiming they do not understand just so they can manipulate me and get me to keep repeating myself over and over again until the cows come home.

If this was the case every poster on this thread would be guilty of goading which is against the rules, here.

If you honestly believe that people are in fact only disagreeing to manipulate you in some way why do you not bring this to the attention of the mods as doing so is a clear breach of forum rules?

Or you could accept that simply repeating your claims do not make them any more pursuasive.

Last edited:
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you have to answer the "why" question before the "when" question even is brought up.

But you ARE responsible for the claims that you make.
Yes we are responsible for the influence we have on others. That is why so many rock stars die an early death because they are leading people in the wrong way. But Mick Jagger gets out there and says: "I can't get no satisfaction" and he seems to live forever. Because he is telling people not to follow his example. I do not think we have any risk at all here of people following my example :)

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no random response in the Bible. Everything with God is yes and amen. " I watch over my word to perform it. " God watches over His word to perform it. He makes sure there are not any glitches.

Your random response was random because it didn't address the post you replied to by any means.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes we are responsible for the influence we have on others. That is why so many rock stars die an early death because they are leading people in the wrong way. But Mick Jagger gets out there and says: "I can't get no satisfaction" and he seems to live forever. Because he is telling people not to follow his example. I do not think we have any risk at all here of people following my example :)

More random comments......

I was talking about you being responsible for the claims that you make.

I wasn't talking about "rock stars" or whatever silly beliefs you have about them.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Simply not true.

God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
First of all, the "Eyes of the Lord" is a reference to the Angels. God can not be present everywhere because for one thing He is outside of time. To follow this all the way through to study all these scriptures I am sure would be a wonderful study and a lot could be learned from it. But first we need to deal with the issue of your concept of the word: "present".

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More random comments......

I was talking about you being responsible for the claims that you make.
Yes of course but the main point is that YOU are going to be responsible for the claims that you make. If you cause anyone any harm then God will hold you to be accountable. Esp we are told not to harm or injure children in anyway. So you maybe well advised to follow your advise and be concerned with your judgement and if you are following God and if you can stand before God or not. So it may serve you well to stop being worried about others and to start to be more worried about yourself.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes of course but the main point is that YOU are going to be responsible for the claims that you make. If you cause anyone any harm then God will hold you to be accountable. Esp we are told not to harm or injure children in anyway. So you maybe well advised to follow your advise and be concerned with your judgement and if you are following God and if you can stand before God or not. So it may serve you well to stop being worried about others and to start to be more worried about yourself.

Are you capable of responding to the actual points being raised?
Or are you going to continue to grab every random moment to start preaching?

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I do not remember what I said about manipulating people. I wish I knew what post it was so I could clarify what I was saying in a way people can relate and understand.

I know the Bible is real. What I question, is this world real? What does your research suggest about that?

Hi,

You can start on posts near 92, or 94, there to find references to your words. Look for my post there, even though two others have asked you also if you meant that whole set of words that I am still asking about.

Also you have used words, such as the law of non contradicion, that are also used by this guy:http://www.icr.org/jason_lisle/

Do you subsribe to what he is saying?

LOVE,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
God can not be present everywhere because for one thing He is outside of time.

So God is not omnipresent?

Job 28:24 For he looks to the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.
First of all, the "Eyes of the Lord" is a reference to the Angels. God can not be present everywhere because for one thing He is outside of time. To follow this all the way through to study all these scriptures I am sure would be a wonderful study and a lot could be learned from it. But first we need to deal with the issue of your concept of the word: "present".

Not according to Hebrews 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must giveaccount.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So God is not omnipresent?

Job 28:24 For he looks to the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.
I try to figure out what Bible words mean, esp in the Hebrew. Omnipresent is not a word in the Bible. Job says He can look and see but we do not know the mechanism, maybe he has His angles to look and see for him. Kat Kerr talks about the eyes on the feathers of the Peacock. She says it is like the eyes of the angels that can see everywhere for God.

peacock-eye-feathers-flickr-ozgurmulazimoglu.jpg

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Job says He can look and see but we do not know the mechanism, maybe......

So the best you have in reply to what the Bible says is 'maybe' and a picture of a peacock?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Rock stars???

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rock stars???
It is not so much of a issue now. But back in the 60's there were a lot of Rock stars that chocked on their own vomit. Like Jim Morrison died from accidental heroin overdose. Recently Michael Jackson died from drugs even though he was being monitored by a doctor. I can understand that because when the doctor suggests surgery it is like great where do I sign up? Because the anesthesia gives you a feeling of euphoria and I have felt good even long after the anesthetist wears off. They say that is what they are giving people only they are telling them it is heroin. To name a few at random there was Kurt Cobain, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pop_musicians_who_died_of_drug_overdose

The older people seem to die from alcohol so people do not notice as much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deaths_through_alcohol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

bible said:
Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the best you have in reply to what the Bible says is 'maybe' and a picture of a peacock?
Like I said I deal with Bible words. If you want to try to find out the meaning of a word that does NOT come from the Bible then I don't have a lot to say about it. It is enough for me to deal with what the Bible says without trying to figure out what people say the Bible says.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is not so much of a issue now. But back in the 60's there were a lot of Rock stars that chocked on their own vomit. Like Jim Morrison died from accidental heroin overdose. Recently Michael Jackson died from drugs even though he was being monitored by a doctor. I can understand that because when the doctor suggests surgery it is like great where do I sign up? Because the anesthesia gives you a feeling of euphoria and I have felt good even long after the anesthetist wears off. They say that is what they are giving people only they are telling them it is heroin. To name a few at random there was Kurt Cobain, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pop_musicians_who_died_of_drug_overdose

The older people seem to die from alcohol so people do not notice as much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deaths_through_alcohol

Why don't you open a thread on rock stars and try to use responses that are actually on topic.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.
God did not spare His Son, He did not spare the Angels, He did not spare the nature branches on the tree meaning Israel. All the more He is not going to spare the unsaved and the unredeemed.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you open a thread on rock stars and try to use responses that are actually on topic.
I was responding to your question and then you are critical of me for responding to your question. Ok I will take that into consideration then next time you ask me something. Or would you be happy if I just put you on ignore right now?

Upvote 0