The law of non contradiction proves the Bible to be true.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I made the phone call and in those days it was not cheap.
I remember paying around $300 a month for my phone bill to get on the computer to post on computer boards that were pretty much like this one here. Then aol came out with a very low flat rate and the party began. Of course that meant we had to switch to IBM clone computers. Which was kinda of a problem because the dos operating system was substandard at the time compared to the other computer systems like the Amiga.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

And to be a researcher one has to know all that is in the chapters and has to do the work him/herself.

A researcher is not allowed to say things which he/she has not proven herself. I had to know for instance the actual definitions of all the words the way they were meant, with no errors if I did some things.

If I could not find those defintions, the way they were meant, not someone else's unproven opinion, then I had to find out what they meant, or I could not use those words in my work.

Reseach is about knowing. And it is about, how much you know of what you know, thus knowing the amount of error, usually in percentages, in each thing I or someone else knew, had to be done. It is called calibrations.

Yes, even people were calibrated. If I used a person, in a field, I had to know how much I could use what they said as true, and how much was false, percentage wise.

Does not everyone know that? It is standard, in research. All things are calibrated, as all things normally, have some error in them, even equipment has some error.

Teaching is not a discipline of knowing, and then giving the information, that is why I was keen on becoming a professor. I was so tired of students being lied to.

LOVE,
My brother wrote a text book once. He said it is a lot of work and even keeping the book updated is a lot of work.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Could you provide a link to this study?

Hi,

Just a small set of notes, on patents.

One day my friend, she tells me we can't meet for a few days at work. I asked her why. She being my friend told me. It had to do with taking apart someone else's product to see how it was made. I was stunned and displeased and shocked.

Later I would find out it was common practice. In one case another company I was working for was so crazy on security even the window were painted over. If you think that is bad, I did not have access to any rooms that I did not have to work in.

They eventually told me why. Everyone was stealing from them in those day. It was a division of IBM, that I was working at then. When they told me that a product was stolen on the back dock, and then in two weeks was offered for sale with but a one bolt position change, thus in those days, getting around patent infringements, I started to believe them.

I suppose when my friend told me how many patentable items he made that I objected to him not filing for patents on, it was then I understood. Trade secrets make money. Patents only tell everyone else what you are doing. That is what I slowly started to understand.

It is hard even now, to know that information.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Could you provide a link to this study?

Hi,

With all that information about Corporate Research, this point needs to be made. At the highest levels of research all people in my field were open to me. The transparency at the top, is almost infinite. But, no one seemed to understand what we said anyway, so maybe accidental secrecy was there.

I had access to people in universities and in other corporations.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
My brother wrote a text book once. He said it is a lot of work and even keeping the book updated is a lot of work.

Hi,

Yes. The work is so detailed and so exhausting, and the data taking so boring that it is exceedingly hard work.

I even had to displace my personality when I did data taking for myself or others. If I did not, then I was in the data somewhere, thus adding error.

Do, you know how hard it is to go NUMB and sometimes for years on a subject, until all the data is in? Try it. Try going numb. Try not feeling. Then do that for hours, to months to years when doing research.

It is brutal. Like painting a house though, when it is done, if you get and answer, it is nice.

I was even warned about seeing results. I was told that 90% of what we did, would never be used or would fail. I was warned that if I did not prepare to work in research my entire life, with no successes what so ever, then I would not last long, because for most researchers, that is their life. (Enrichment comes from other things, and being known for something is really not a great thing, rather it is somewhat of a curse at times, as it removes a researcher from reasearh and into the public eye.)

LOVE,

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And to be a researcher one has to know all that is in the chapters and has to do the work him/herself.
I remember my friend invited me to dinner once and his director was there. He was telling me how well respected my friend was by his colleagues. I said: What all six of them? They must have felt it was a rhetorical question because they did not answer it. Although it was nice for him because they would invite him to give a speech and they would pay for his vacation.

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not me, not at all. I am not going to take responsibility for others like that. God holds us accountable for the influence that we have on people.
Explain post 308 from the; what is science thread please:

"No, I expect them to do the opposite, that is my way to control and manipulate them. I feel it is a lot more effective then to use intimidation. My mamma did not raise no dummies."

Oh oh!

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I remember my friend invited me to dinner once and his director was there. He was telling me how well respected my friend was by his colleagues. I said: What all six of them? They must have felt it was a rhetorical question because they did not answer it. Although it was nice for him because they would invite him to give a speech and they would pay for his vacation.

Hi,

Yes. That is the way it is. All six of them would be correct in some situations. Researches give what is proven. It takes years. They give their proven work and share their proven work. He was on a trip to share. All of those professors and others who heard him, will check the veractity of his claims, but they already have as they respect him, then slowly that useul information will reach the public. But, beware.

There are charlatans even in professors. Ask any and als Ph.D. graduate students about thier graduate advisors, you will be depressed and outraged, by some of what you hear. It is so with some research, lies are put forth with power, but those people are not respected in private.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Enrichment comes from other things, and being known for something is really not a great thing, rather it is somewhat of a curse at times, as it removes a researcher from research and into the public eye.)
We can ask James Watson about that, he may have a little bit of insight. For him it was more of a mixed blessing. Still he was held accountable in ways that most people do not have to deal with.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are charlatans even in professors. Ask any and als Ph.D. graduate students about thier graduate advisors, you will be depressed and outraged, by some of what you hear. It is so with some research, lies are put forth with power, but those people are not respected in private.
My aunt was a graduate adviser so I know all about that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
We can ask James Watson about that, he may have a little bit of insight. For him it was more of a mixed blessing. Still he was held accountable in ways that most people do not have to deal with.

Hi,

I rather liked just being wacky. In being wacky no one says anything because one they don't understand how your mind works, and two they don't really know how to talk to you, but they know that when you say yes, it is is yes, and when you say no it is no, even if they oppose you.

I was always glad no one told me at the time, how effective I was in some places, and just as well as some CEO's and I have clashed. If anyone had ever told me I wouldn't and didn't believe them anyway. And, what people think of me, is not important. What is important at work, is, Am I right, or Am I wrong, can I prove what I say, Does the proof stand up, under testing or scrutiny.

Actually my personality did not count and does not count in research. What is tough though is defending work, when you don't know it is being attacked. I never did, but with the data to prove what I said, attacks I didn't notice.

At times, just like with my dad when he was right, individuals would come up to me and apologize for theier previous positions, as most of the time they were vocal about it, and emotional, and it was about not liking me, rather than the work. However, they did not like me , because of my work, not my ways.

The confusion with me, is why attack me, over my work. After a while, I just got tired of hearing apologies. It got to the point, that I thought if I heard one more apology, that I would become angry. It didn't happen though. People have got the right, to be heard, especially when they need to get something like error off their minds.

Being wacky or unique, is a defense, not a planned defense, an accidental defense. I never tried to be wacky or unique, it was just how I was built, and graced by whay Christians call, my Creator.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
My aunt was a graduate adviser so I know all about that.

Hi,

OOOH, I loved my last graduate advisor. I was so tired of not having my paper credentials, that I was going back in to a university to see how I could get some paper.

My academic advisor then, had a Ph.D. in EE. I was stunned. She told me why she was working now in that capacity and she mentioned some of her accomplishments in the normal field of EE.

It took her to get through to me finally, that I was what I was, despite the paperwork. She did it this way. She is talking "I have been told to find a way to give someone an honorary degree for their accomplishements. Let me show you something." She did. I looked. She did not have to say anything after the realization hit me.

I am what I say I am, as I had taken all the required courses in 1966, for my BSEE. It is just that those guys did not give me the paperwork. That, with all the research accomplishments, said that without the paperwork, just like other top researches with all the paperwork had told me before, but I was too embarassed to say it, I am a highly qualified and proven researcher with two maybe three honorary doctorates, all given in the presence and force of my accomplishments, some in mutiple fields.

I loved her. It is still hard to be, without the paperwork, to others, not to ones in my field or fields similar to mine. They all know before I know they know.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

Okay back to the topic now. I am not the topic. Did you mean what you said about manipulating people?

And yes, in the controlled experiments, carried out, the answers were The Bible Is Real. What happend later, pretty much what Protestants claim, In The Spirit types of things, cut off any possibilities of that Correlation moving from one to one, to any other.

In the follow on effects, I actually had to go back into that Book, to find out what was going on. It was there.

Even though, I can only mention the controlled experiments part of that work, there is much more, however. One has to be qualified, even to do what I did.

Here, as I try to bring up qualifications of the person doing the checks and the work, it is railed at heavily like in the old days with flying.

"If God wanted man to fly, He would have given him wings"

As slowly as I go, it seems that I cannot say what needs to be said, as it is not heard even when I say it. That too is a research effect. Develpers want to work on things for money. Producers just want a recipe. Reseachers care about what is, and how to find it, and how do you know you are correct.

When we tried to bridge those worlds, one of the groups just didn't want to do the work. We were stuck. Maybe that gap will always exist.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Okay back to the topic now. I am not the topic. Did you mean what you said about manipulating people?

And yes, in the controlled experiments, carried out, the answers were The Bible Is Real. What happend later, pretty much what Protestants claim, In The Spirit types of things, cut off any possibilities of that Correlation moving from one to one, to any other.

In the follow on effects, I actually had to go back into that Book, to find out what was going on. It was there.

Even though, I can only mention the controlled experiments part of that work, there is much more, however. One has to be qualified, even to do what I did.

Here, as I try to bring up qualifications of the person doing the checks and the work, it is railed at heavily like in the old days with flying.

"If God wanted man to fly, He would have given him wings"

As slowly as I go, it seems that I cannot say what needs to be said, as it is not heard even when I say it. That too is a research effect. Develpers want to work on things for money. Producers just want a recipe. Reseachers care about what is, and how to find it, and how do you know you are correct.

When we tried to bridge those worlds, one of the groups just didn't want to do the work. We were stuck. Maybe that gap will always exist.

LOVE,
I do not remember what I said about manipulating people. I wish I knew what post it was so I could clarify what I was saying in a way people can relate and understand.

I know the Bible is real. What I question, is this world real? What does your research suggest about that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why should I demonstrate that 'point'? So I can expose myself to more abuse? Thanks but no thanks. What I have said is sufficient. Just by virtue of the fact that you are using the word "point" indicates that this is all going over your head or that you are not taking any of this serious. So if your not going to take this discussion serious then pray tell, why should I?

Why would anyone take your statements serious if you can't (or refuse to) support / demonstrate the truth thereof?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Both of my sons do computer programming so I will talk to them and they will explain it to me. It is NOT like I have a degree in algorithm languages and logic to explain all of this technical stuff to you. But I will do the best I can. Is it Boolean algebra where your dealing with true and false? In C or BASIC, falsity is represented by the number 0 and truth is represented by the number 1 or −1 respectively. So we are dealing with true and false. A statement is true if you can build a proof of the statement. A statement is false if you can deduce a contradiction from it. Unproven statements are not given a value.

Which would be a THIRD value, next to "true" and "false". This value would be "unkown" or "nothing". In computer language, we call that "null".
In any case, you abbandoned the whole binary computer analogy, the second you added this third value to the mix.

The Narrow Gate
13"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

repr-map.png

This makes very little sense in light of computer programming.

Signed: A software engineer.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would anyone take your statements serious if you can't (or refuse to) support / demonstrate the truth thereof?
The question is not Why, the question is When will they take the statements serious. The answer for some is in due process of time and for others it may be to late. I am not responsible for the choice or the decision people make. I just deliver the message I am given to deliver.

Ezekiel as Israel's Watchman
7"Now as for you, son of man, I have appointed you a watchman for the house of Israel; so you will hear a message from My mouth and give them warning from Me. 8"When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require from your hand.9"But if you on your part warn a wicked man to turn from his way and he does not turn from his way, he will die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your life.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which would be a THIRD value, next to "true" and "false". This value would be "unkown" or "nothing". In computer language, we call that "null".
In any case, you abbandoned the whole binary computer analogy, the second you added this third value to the mix.

This makes very little sense in light of computer programming.

Signed: A software engineer.
With God there is no third value. You are either for God or against God. "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." (matt 12:20) Tks for helping me to make my point.

Now if we could just help my son to decide if he wants to continue to study computer science or follow his brother to take computer engineering.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The question is not Why, the question is When will they take the statements serious.

No, you have to answer the "why" question before the "when" question even is brought up.

I am not responsible for the choice or the decision people make.

But you ARE responsible for the claims that you make.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0