Sure, I was speeding, officer -- I'm insured!

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does this mean covered as in they pay a deductible and the insurance company covers the rest? Or does this mean that if you get a speeding ticket it won't count against you and raise your rates (but you are still financially responsible)?

Upvote 0

419gam

Veteran
Mar 26, 2005
California
✟1,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It only covers up to 19 miles over the limit that's practically useless. Unless the swedes do things differently cops don't even begin to write tickets untill you are at least 10-15 over the limit I wouldn't pay for the extra four or so miles an hour.

Upvote 0

Marissa

Feb 15, 2004
✟16,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
419gam said:
It only covers up to 19 miles over the limit that's practically useless. Unless the swedes do things differently cops don't even begin to write tickets untill you are at least 10-15 over the limit I wouldn't pay for the extra four or so miles an hour.

Wow.

I'd pay it. Most tickets here come from cameras. I've been done for going 6 km/h over the speed limit.

I don't see how the company can expect to make profit by this. Not being able to afford a ticket is really the only thing that keeps my speed at the speed limit rather than 10 km/h over. Offer me this insurance, and that would quickly change. Here, tickets don't count towards insurance. My insurance company has no access to my traffic infringes.

I reckon, the Swedish government will soon make this illegal.

Upvote 0

one love

Dec 17, 2003
clear lake tx
Visit site
✟1,475.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Republican
I've never exactly understood car insurance: my insurance never got my car out of impound for me, never paid my speeding ticket or my court or lawyer fees, and for the most part raises my payment everytime I'm in trouble. What exactly do I need this for? But I do realize it is nothing more than a scam to have every driver insured under the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

419gam

Veteran
Mar 26, 2005
California
✟1,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
one love said:
I've never exactly understood car insurance: my insurance never got my car out of impound for me, never paid my speeding ticket or my court or lawyer fees, and for the most part raises my payment everytime I'm in trouble. What exactly do I need this for? But I do realize it is nothing more than a scam to have every driver insured under the law.
Oh yeah heaven forbid you have coverage in case you hit someone.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,258.00
Faith
Christian
This sort of thing is hardly surprising as speeding fines have essentially become a random thing. Cameras fining people for being 5 km/h over the limit has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue. We are moving more and more toward driving being a “brain off” activity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums