Starbucks strikes a major blow in the War on Christmas

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I do not agree with Starbucks view I just will not go there and spend my money that's the way of protest and I will pray for the owner of Starbucks that he may find Christ and turn away from his negative view on Christmas and Christ

Hi,

I just looked up praying for the unworthy, and I can find nothing so far. It may be that no one is unworthy of prayers except God and The Saints, as we are not to pray for God, nor the Saints I am told, rather we are to pray to God in all religions, and we are allowed to pray to the Saints in some religions, which I think mixes with their prayers to God, in those religions and possibly all religions, but not all religions or people know that yet.

I am having trouble finding what happens to prayers that are done, For, not to Saints.

I have an experience with that, but I don't know what to do with that. Some of what I say, can be said publicly, as it is approved, but some of what I have, has not been submitted to the approval process yet. That experience of praying for a Saint accidentally and what happened, is not approved yet, in my view of things.

Here is an article on praying to Saints. http://www.catholic.com/tracts/praying-to-the-saints

LOVE,

Reactions: Paul1963
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
now we're way off-topic :prayer:

Hi,

Correct, and I sort of like your tattood rocks. At least they can be seen by some as similrt to Tattoos.

I will depart. I like their cups, they do remind me of Christmas. Anyone who gets anything right about God pleases Him.

They have some things correct.

And, Jews are loved by God so amazingly well, that He, God, is allowing them to usher us, all the others in. Does anyone here, not think God loves the Jews?

So, a Jewish guy, who owns a cofee company, and does not know of Christianity because God is activlely blocking the Jews from knowing Christ till later, til later, and til later, has done something in a Chrisitian country, fully thinking and trying to be inclusive of us misguided people, as we actually think the Messiah has come and they do not believe that yet, He doing the best job he can with us wrong thinking people, has tried not to offend but to support our feelings, and we who know, are being offended by his efforts, instead of trying to undertand his position in total?

I know the hearts of people, I think God says. Where is his heart if you know? Where is your heart if you know?

Mine is not pure and loving, but I wish it was so. I only try to do that, be honest with myself and others, and to do what God does, and that is put others needs in front of or before His needs, without hurting them, in The Knowledge of God.

LOVE,

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it is in God's hands, why pray?

Actually, that's a question that's been asked. If we pray anything, why anything other than, "Thy will be done?"

But that's off topic....

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And you're not wearing any mixed-fiber clothing, I hope, nor cutting the edges of your beard.

Darn, I'll have to stop wearing this pair of Rugby Shorts and go back to just my traditional all cotton Canterbury's. I'm good on the beard thing!

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, that's a question that's been asked. If we pray anything, why anything other than, "Thy will be done?"

But that's off topic....
I've wondered about this myself.... If God has a plan, then it would be a little more than a little arrogant to assume He'll change any part of it simply because someone asked. If what you pray for is already part of His plan, then you only need to wait for it to come to you in due time.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

But that's off topic....

I can make a strong argument that praying for more is following the model of Christ, something about a cup passing from his hands. Still I'm pretty sure he ended with "Thy will be done".

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Correct, and I sort of like your tattood rocks. At least they can be seen by some as similrt to Tattoos.

I will depart. I like their cups, they do remind me of Christmas. Anyone who gets anything right about God pleases Him.

They have some things correct.

And, Jews are loved by God so amazingly well, that He, God, is allowing them to usher us, all the others in. Does anyone here, not think God loves the Jews?

So, a Jewish guy, who owns a cofee company, and does not know of Christianity because God is activlely blocking the Jews from knowing Christ till later, til later, and til later, has done something in a Chrisitian country, fully thinking and trying to be inclusive of us misguided people, as we actually think the Messiah has come and they do not believe that yet, He doing the best job he can with us wrong thinking people, has tried not to offend but to support our feelings, and we who know, are being offended by his efforts, instead of trying to undertand his position in total?

I know the hearts of people, I think God says. Where is his heart if you know? Where is your heart if you know?

Mine is not pure and loving, but I wish it was so. I only try to do that, be honest with myself and others, and to do what God does, and that is put others needs in front of or before His needs, without hurting them, in The Knowledge of God.

LOVE,

If I was with a Christian friend and he/she was offended by the Starbucks "controversy" (which really doesn't exist except in the media, discussion boards, and with a very small group of professing Christians) I'd avoid Starbucks when I'm with my friend. We'd go somewhere else. In fact, I don't often go to Starbucks anyway. Yet I see nothing wrong with people that choose to get their coffee there. And I'm not bothered in the least that I am a gold card member of Starbucks. That means I have to buy 30 coffees per year. I'm probably not going to make it this year. With the introduction of the krup coffee machine, I make my own coffee as it's more convenient. And saves $

Reactions: Paul1963
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That means I have to buy 30 coffees per year. I'm probably not going to make it this year. With the introduction of the krup coffee machine, I make my own coffee as it's more convenient. And saves $
I still make my coffee too. I still use the regular coffee pots, since I make 4 cups. I sometimes get a Frappuccino's at Mcdonalds, Burger king or Starbucks. I like Starbucks and BK better. Mcdonalds is to sweet for me. As for dunkin donuts, I don't go there, since I don't like donuts. I don't even know if they sell Frappuccino's.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last edited:
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
If I was with a Christian friend and he/she was offended by the Starbucks "controversy" (which really doesn't exist except in the media, discussion boards, and with a very small group of professing Christians) I'd avoid Starbucks when I'm with my friend. We'd go somewhere else. In fact, I don't often go to Starbucks anyway. Yet I see nothing wrong with people that choose to get their coffee there. And I'm not bothered in the least that I am a gold card member of Starbucks. That means I have to buy 30 coffees per year. I'm probably not going to make it this year. With the introduction of the krup coffee machine, I make my own coffee as it's more convenient. And saves $

Hi,

Yes, your words and actions are totally in line with Romans 14. We are all to do that, even if they are the ones who are upset, because they think it is wrong, if they are with us.

Nice.

As someone else said here along with you, yes I normally make my cofee at home. It is amazingly cheaper, only, I use Folgers Instant. Yes, I know that if one wants flavor or smoothness or a whole bunch of other things, Folgers is probably not the best place to go for great or good coffee.

Nicely, your God though, has me living in a hermitage/ermitage. You and everyone else here, are loves and LOVES of mine, as you and everyone else here, are an assigned outreach of my hermitage/ermitage.

Food is not a taste item to me, neither is coffee. Rather food and coffee are to sustain me, in ways your Sweet and Loving God, expect me to do, rather than Him doing for me.

So, I don't know why I go and get Starbuck's, or The Beanery, or any of the more professional coffee shops. I just do.

Today, because of a mild milk intolerance, I purchased an inhouse medium Soy Cafe Latte. My stomach does not object to Soy.

Before I talk of the long and detailed Cup conversation, I told them they gave me a defective cup, as it emptied to fast. Yes, I did prepare them, so then knew to expect the unexpected. Everyone handled it well and knew, that I just drank my brimming to the top, with a whipped cream top, Medium Soy Cafe Latte, a little faster than I had planned to drink that.

The inhouse cups are white, by the way.

And getting back to the Folgers, yes I have not valid reason, to go out for coffee or food, as I can do that all at home. For me, it is more social, as hermit is really a hermit.

By the way, it is a rather forced hermitage/ermitage. If I always like the rest of society, the normals as I call them now, I am sure I would be just like the normals, in God.

So, I am saying that He, God, did stuff to me, and for His normal reasons, which is it pleases Him, so that I have enough items to allow me an at home hermitage/ermitage without begging or outside assistance of any sort, other than, people.

It seems your God decided it pleasing to Him, to give me a 12, on a scale of 1 to 10, for extroversion. I even study better in college in the cafeteria when it is busy though. I heal better with a crowd of people around.

I still like their red cups. The understated part is there. It is humble suggestion of Christmas, nowhere do they reveal their position on Christmas in that cup, it only says:"Yes, you have a season that is Holy Coming up. I acknowledge that season and you, my love for you, as all people are supposed to do." "It is not my season, it is yours, but I care."

That is what I think now, or that is the content of my feelings as I pull on tug on them, to see what they mean, in thoughts.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry to be a bad news bear, but I heard the cost of that convenience is shifted to the environment.
I think Scooters buys better beans and has better roasting. I grind my beans, enough for a few days at a time. I filter my water, too - that makes a big difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to be a bad news bear, but I heard the cost of that convenience is shifted to the environment.
I think Scooters buys better beans and has better roasting. I grind my beans, enough for a few days at a time. I filter my water, too - that makes a big difference.
Ahhh, we don't have those locally. We have Tullys but they are too far away. http://www.tullyscoffeeshops.com

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Uh, no. He was never a member of the Nazi Party. It is difficult to find documentation of that, the old hard to prove a negative. But I found a source:

https://johnib.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/my-hero-the-nazi-claus-von-stauffenberg-and-valkyrie/

Ironic that the title says he was a Nazi and it is the only source I found that documents he was not.

By and large traditional members of the military were not Nazis.

Hi,

Yeah. Yeah Staffenberg, though it would have been nicer if he had The Bomb, to make his wonderful attempt, a little more successful.

Amazing. I am .75 German, .25 Polish, roughly speaking. Just what is in me or others who are German, to allow My People to make two Horrendous errors, in the last 100 years. Aren't they, thus me, aren't we supposed to be smart?

I don't understand, but I like Stauffenberg.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Yeah. Yeah Staffenberg, though it would have been nicer if he had The Bomb, to make his wonderful attempt, a little more successful.

Amazing. I am .75 German, .25 Polish, roughly speaking. Just what is in me or others who are German, to allow My People to make two Horrendous errors, in the last 100 years. Aren't they, thus me, aren't we supposed to be smart?

I don't understand, but I like Stauffenberg.

LOVE,

Hitler was able to come to power in large part because he gave hope and then delivered. The repatriations the allies leveled after WW I all but insured WW II.

The final plot should have worked. If they had not been reinforcing the underground bunkers with more concrete which was setting and giving off heat which made being underground it would have worked for sure. If it had not been hot resulting in the windows being open it almost surely would have worked, if the satchel with the bomb had not been moved, putting a 6" solid wood table leg between the bomb and Hitler it most likely would have worked, if only both bombs were in the satchel it most likely would have worked. (My thought on the last is the war injuries Stauffenberg suffered made it so that he could not easily carry any more weight. He had lost one hand and 2 fingers on the other.

So many attempts came so close, Hitler seemed to lead a charmed life.

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

Tattoos ( :) :) :), but pretend you did not see this yet. Pretennd) are not only bad grammar and slang, they are a gross limitation on artistic freedom. Tat-tens, or Tat-forties is more appropriate. Instead Tat-twos now called tattoos by generations forgetting....(Okay, this now getting hard for me to continue this... :) :D ).... the original spelling have just added to the problem. What problem???? What if you used the wrong colors? What if you want to change that canvas???? And how do you display other works when the canvas if all filled up???? Huh?

Seriously now, it was hard to not comment for me, on your Ta-Two's statent. I hope this does not offend you.

Tattoos, I know nothing about.

LOVE,

...Are you high? In any case... just... don't.

Upvote 0