Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Christian group slams Starbucks holiday cup as ‘war on Christmas’

MP says that Starbucks' new Christmas cups are 'political correctness gone mad'

A group of Christian evangelists gripes that Starbucks is waging a “war on Christmas” by removing holiday images from its seasonal cup design.

“Starbucks REMOVED CHRISTMAS from their cups because they hate Jesus,”

I've never been a huge fan of Starbucks, because of the tax dodging and the poor quality coffee. But since they've aligned themselves with the forces of anti-Christmas, I have had to rethink my opinion.

This is a major victory in this year's FWOC, but I'm realistic enough to know that it is not a fatal blow. Our work is far from done, and if we really want 2015 to be the first year when Christmas doesn't happen, we need to build on this good work, one multinational coffee supplier at a time.

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I will never go to Starbucks again.
Nor should you. Starbucks has clearly revealed itself as an enemy of Jesus. And as we all know, you are very clear about what must happen to the enemies of Jesus.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If anything this reflects the shifting demographics. they are appealing to the bigger bulk of customers to make money. If you think businesses who had christmas stuff hung up was because they cared about the holiday you'd be wrong.. they are doing what starbucks is doing. appealing to he most people to walk into their shop to by something.

It isn't starbucks job to tell the story of christ. it is starbucks job to make money, just like every business in america's primary purpose is seems to be. Business ethics is a joke in this country. if they even existed to begin with.

Edit: if anything this tells me the warped priority of certain christian groupsin america.. more concerned with "preserving" christian things and holidays instead of witnessing to people and making more christians.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Nor should you. Starbucks has clearly revealed itself as an enemy of Jesus. And as we all know, you are very clear about what must happen to the enemies of Jesus.
Wouldn't destroying the enemies of Jesus, in this case, require going to Starbucks?

Upvote 0

Oafman

Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Wouldn't destroying the enemies of Jesus, in this case, require going to Starbucks?
You're right, I hadn't thought it through. This is why I'm not cut out to fight the enemies of Jesus.

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
1) There is no war Christmas, quit fighting an imaginary war.

2) Furthermore, even as someone frequent Starbucks, I had to look up how the new cups look different. Honestly, I think I like the new design better, it's sleek, modern.

Upvote 0

Jahrooshshalom

Nov 8, 2015
✟9,110.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In my hometown a Starbucks franchisee purchased what was a failed Sonic. And right beside a WaWa. Better coffee, 1/3rd of the price. My friends give the bucks a year before it folds.

As for the article piece, Starbucks would have done themselves a greater service if they'd have just left their cups as is. Be neutral during the holiday. Not confrontational. That can be costly.

People don't go to Starbucks to find Jesus. They go to buy overpriced poor quality java. :tutu:

Reactions: nobdysfool
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
*yawn*

Because, you know, in years past the Jazzy Santa, stars and candy canes always reminded me of a nativity scene.
You have a point in that Starbucks has been FOR YEARS cleansing its holiday cup from all religious images. It's not as though the 2015 edition went from a Nativity Scene to no images at all. There have been years in between those two and these years saw snowflakes, sleds, and the like being used for the decoration. Now they're gone, too.

If you want to fight back, my solution is to carry a Dunkin Donuts or Bigbee cup with you and drop the Starbucks one into it when you receive their cup. Carry that around the store for awhile. ;)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Edit: if anything this tells me the warped priority of certain christian groupsin america.. more concerned with "preserving" christian things and holidays instead of witnessing to people and making more christians.

Explain why it's not possible to have both (as was done through most of our history).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oafman

Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
1) There is no war Christmas, quit fighting an imaginary war.

2) Furthermore, even as someone frequent Starbucks, I had to look up how the new cups look different. Honestly, I think I like the new design better, it's sleek, modern.
You don't think that the absence of a cartoon snowman is evidence that Starbucks hates Jesus?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Explain why it's not possible to have both (as was done through most of our history).

Because making more Christians preserves christianity better. Bringing people into reconciliation to God is of far greater importance than american cultural heritage preservation. There will be no america in the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
With coffee giants, Starbucks on our side, this may just be the best chance we have at stopping Christmas yet!

It's gonna be a good Festivus this year! :clap:

Upvote 0