• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Scripture to restore faith

kermit the toad

Apr 20, 2004
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟15,527.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't know if this is the right forum for this, so move it if need be, but anyway, here is the deal:

My faith has been really weak lately. I haven't been very close with Jesus, but I want to restrengthen my faith. I was just wondering is anyone could recommend some Bible verses/chapters to help renew my faith in Christ.

Thanks!

Christ's Minister

Aug 18, 2004
HAWAII
✟287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Everyone has a different favorite verse so it's really best that you find your own verses because what you need to do is spend alot more time reading the Bible and listening to sermons in church and on radio and television.Faith comes from hearing and reading the word of God.One of the primary reasons that people's faith grows weak is that they drop out of fellowship with God.If you obey this commandment,REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY TO KEEP IT HOLY,this will cease to be a problem.We all need to spend one FULL day once a week in worship,prayer,Bible study,and Christian service so our faith is restored.

Upvote 0

kermit the toad

Apr 20, 2004
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟15,527.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Greens
Thanks for all the help and advice everyone.

John, that's actually quite a complicated question you ask, but here is the best summary I can think of:

I am a Christian because I believe that Christ is the saviour of mankind and I want to honour him as such. I want to honour and obey God, through Christ. Additionally, I believe that the message Jesus taught is one that promotes peace and a good life. I know this is really vague, but it's hard to put faith into words.

Upvote 0

HumbleBee

Jan 8, 2004
✟3,212.00
Faith
Christian
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (The whole chapter is dubbed the Hall of Faith!) :D

Romans 5:1-5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

1 Peter 1:6-7 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith–of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire–may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

2 Peter 1:5-8 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, selfcontrol; and to selfcontrol, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. :prayer:

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. :hug:

Article: Discipline of Faith http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=10708527#post10708527

Upvote 0