Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thanks but no not Catholic I am finding quite a lot of ckristians do not take the bible literally. I am researching that ATM (And I am not trying to offend anyone)
God bless you on your journey!

Reactions: Stephend

Stephend

Dec 19, 2023
Perth
✟860.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thanks to all that answered my post. So far on my journey I have found that "Christianity' id quite diverse, I googled "do some christains not take the bible lieratty, and there are many Chrisian who do not follow the Bible lierally. I think being involved with one of thise groups would be a good start ny journey. does anybody know any of these group and what they might be called. (I know there are also here that do take the Bible literaly and I mean no offnce at all))

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, could you please direct me to the video please?
Sure thing. His mannerism isn't for everyone. And like I said, I don't agree with all he says. But the content in regard to some of your questions he addresses with truth.

• Wow
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks to all that answered my post. So far on my journey I have found that "Christianity' id quite diverse, I googled "do some christains not take the bible lieratty, and there are many Chrisian who do not follow the Bible lierally. I think being involved with one of thise groups would be a good start ny journey. does anybody know any of these group and what they might be called. (I know there are also here that do take the Bible literaly and I mean no offnce at all))
I would warn you against such. Read Hebrews 11 and you may see why. .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟36,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all my first post. I was brought up a Catholic but lost my faith as a teen, I became an atheist perhaps agnostic. Many bad things happen to me in my life. of late I can only think that the devil or something is causing this. I have always thought that if there is a God he would be discovered by science. The more I learn about near death experince and cross referincing that with quantum mechanics I am convinced that there is a god. I have a good friend who ( A very good, happy genuine person with a great family) I will be meeting this weekend to discus Jesus. I have so many questions and I want very much to believe, wheere and how do I start?

Please help me understand
Of course as others have said, start with reading the Bible regularly. In addition, I think C. S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity" would be a help to you. He started out as an atheist.

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Stephend

Dec 19, 2023
Perth
✟860.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Of course as others have said, start with reading the Bible regularly. In addition, I think C. S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity" would be a help to you. He started out as an atheist.
Thank you I will read that book with great interest. I dont know where to start with the bible "Noa's Ark" is a big one for me to overlook though

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephend

Dec 19, 2023
Perth
✟860.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
well im about to start a topic in the christian philosophy room forum somewhere about, philosophical thoeology.....i have ALOT too share, and this looks like a perfectly safe place for it, so i hope the best turn out.....
When you do can you post a link please?

Reactions: Pilgrim7
Upvote 0

Stephend

Dec 19, 2023
Perth
✟860.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sure thing. His mannerism isn't for everyone. And like I said, I don't agree with all he says. But the content in regard to some of your questions he addresses with truth.
I am 5 minutes into this video and I am getting chills

Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟15,172.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Be welcome here! God will make a way, He will reach out to you in some way which will work for you, if you open up to Him. That is what I firmly believe. You can pray, "Jesus, I invite you into my heart. Amen." And this simple prayer may already work miracles for you. Have a blessed day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pilgrim7

Dec 20, 2023
Clovis
✟877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
When you do can you post a link please?

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe the Lord’s commandments are where we need to focus. Notice that the Lord sums up a major portion of the Old Testament in a few words. In the golden rule ( that we should treat others as we should want to treated) per Matthew 7:12 from the overall context of Matthew 7:2-12 in defining this as the law and the prophets. Later in Matthew, the Lord says that the commandments to love God & neighbor are those on which the law & prophets depend ( see Matthew 22:36-40).

I do not claim to understand how this all works out but this is what I believe the Lord says. There are some hard reads in the Old Testament (like parts of Joshua for ex.). There are other reads ( Isaiah 53:1-12, the books of Ruth,Jonah for ex.) that are brighter overall. Yet the Lord testifies in Luke 24:44-48 about the Bible.

This is part of my foundation of faith alongside scripture like John 3:16-21. St. Paul tells us much of what is our conclusion of faith in 1 Timothy 1:5; note the linkage of the commandments to our conscience. This is what we need to approach & live by in daily life. St.Paul tells us this in Romans 13:1-14 and compare this to what the Lord told the rich young man in Matthew 19:16-19 within the overall lesson of Matthew 19:16-30.

The Lord says if we love Him we will keep His commandments ( John 14:15-18). Notice the interaction of the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit in what the Lord says.

Believe me, I got plenty of issues to always answer for so I am no great witness but I think I know something that I should share if I can. I need to remember what Solomon says in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 & what is written in 1 John 1:5-10.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to CF, hopefully we can help you understand Christianity better.

Since you are looking at the Bible and the Christian faith from a scientific bent, perhaps Lee Strobel's The Case For A Creator may be helpful to you. That's a book. You may also find referring to Ken Ham's Answers in Genesis to be helpful for information about Noah's Ark. You may also find it helpful to ask questions about the flood in Exploring Christianity.

You may also find the Physical and Life Sciences forum to be helpful for some of your questions. Information about quantum mechanics and near-death experiences would also belong there.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi all my first post. I was brought up a Catholic but lost my faith as a teen, I became an atheist perhaps agnostic. Many bad things happen to me in my life. of late I can only think that the devil or something is causing this. I have always thought that if there is a God he would be discovered by science. The more I learn about near death experince and cross referincing that with quantum mechanics I am convinced that there is a god. I have a good friend who ( A very good, happy genuine person with a great family) I will be meeting this weekend to discus Jesus. I have so many questions and I want very much to believe, wheere and how do I start?

Please help me understand
Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. The best way to achieve this is to brush the dust off your Bible and to start reading aloud to yourself.

Upvote 0