Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The court's ruling has one very key finding that, while perhaps not ending the gun control debate, certainly completely changes the discussion. The ruling seems to declare once and for all that gun ownership is an INDIVIDUAL right, not dependent on serving in an official militia. Now of course that individual right, like most others is subject to limitations for the good of society, but it would seem that it is in fact a constitutionally granted individual right.

LonesomeTexan

Veteran
Jun 24, 2007
North of Houston
✟19,404.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
the fact that four judges dissented makes it hard to sleep at night. what are the bureaucrats planning for the future? a take over? a silence of dissent from an unarmed people? a north american union? a complete erosion of constitutional liberty? a disarmed society cannot preserve it's other liberties. it is our weapons that keep the bureaucrats at bay.

Upvote 0

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
the fact that four judges dissented makes it hard to sleep at night. what are the bureaucrats planning for the future? a take over? a silence of dissent from an unarmed people? a north american union? a complete erosion of constitutional liberty? a disarmed society cannot preserve it's other liberties. it is our weapons that keep the bureaucrats at bay.

Isn't this good news for you? Why must you be so glum?

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
The Civil War serves as a graphic example that any argument claiming the 2nd Amendment protects Americans against a "dictatorial" government is not based on reality. :groupray:

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Right Jgarden, the civil war was a cakewalk for the Union and had more States rebelled it would not have tipped the odds further onto the Confederate side. Similarily private firearm ownership didn't help the 13 colonies at all in getting rid of British tyranny.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Right Jgarden, the civil war was a cakewalk for the Union and had more States rebelled it would not have tipped the odds further onto the Confederate side.
attachment.php
The weapons now available to the US military to subdue "an armed society" attempting "to preserve it's other liberties" has improved dramatically since the Civil War.

The 2nd Amendment provides civilians the right to "bear arms" - not access to an air force, navy, spy satellites, laser guided missiles, nucleur weapons, tanks, helicopters, transport, "state-of-the-art" techology, miltary training, etc. :groupray:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Nihilist

Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
✟16,289.00
Faith
Atheist

Last edited:
Reactions: SallyNow
Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The weapons now available to the US military to subdue "an armed society" attempting "to preserve it's other liberties" has improved dramatically since the Civil War.

The 2nd Amendment provides civilians the right to "bear arms" - not access to an air force, navy, spy satellites, laser guided missiles, nucleur weapons, tanks, helicopters, transport, "state-of-the-art" techology, miltary training, etc. :groupray:

Which is a shame... cos if I had my own tank, no one would EVER cut me off in traffic again!

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Right Jgarden, the civil war was a cakewalk for the Union and had more States rebelled it would not have tipped the odds further onto the Confederate side. Similarily private firearm ownership didn't help the 13 colonies at all in getting rid of British tyranny.
attachment.php

*LMFCO* Always amuses me to see yet another American who unquestioningly swallows the "British tyranny" justification for the revolution. I suppose the Mayflower brought the first colonists too huh?

(willful historical revisionism makes baby Jesus cry)

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

True...but just to play devil's advocate for a moment here...

That more advanced weaponry also is reliant on a (relatively) delicate technological infrastructure that is fairly easy to sabotage. And we've already seen how, even in the 21st century, a truly determined and even modestly equipped guerrilla movement can confound an army far more advanced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
True...but just to play devil's advocate for a moment here...

That more advanced weaponry also is reliant on a (relatively) delicate technological infrastructure that is fairly easy to sabotage. And we've already seen how, even in the 21st century, a truly determined and even modestly equipped guerrilla movement can confound an army far more advanced.

Or you just figure out a way to get a monkey wrench into the supply chain.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which is a shame... cos if I had my own tank, no one would EVER cut me off in traffic again!

Except those with bigger tanks. Especially with bigger tanks that play Ride of the Valkyries so loud they shake the bolts out of your tank. :p

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
*LMFCO* Always amuses me to see yet another American who unquestioningly swallows the "British tyranny" justification for the revolution. I suppose the Mayflower brought the first colonists too huh?

(willful historical revisionism makes baby Jesus cry)
No, The Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria brought them.
So does diaper rash.;)

Except those with bigger tanks. Especially with bigger tanks that play Ride of the Valkyries so loud they shake the bolts out of your tank. :p
I prefer burning bridges from a restored Tiger.
Always with the negitive vibes, Moriarity.
(Kellys Heros.)

Reactions: SallyNow
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
If our conservative "collegues" truly believe that the 2nd Amendment allows the civilian population to keep, "the bureaucrats at bay," why are they so oblivious when the American military is viewed as the "bureaucrats" and face the threat of armed "civilian resistance" in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. :groupray:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I'm partial to Sheva guns myself.

:D

Upvote 0