Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
First to the actual issue, I hope the Supreme Court does overturn the Colorado court decision. I don't think Trump's actions were clearly enough "engaging in an insurrection" to remove him from the ballot.
There was no charges of insurrection, no trial, he was not found guilty in a court of law on those charges. This is the problem. That he was,, is your own tribalism.
Or we can both agree on what points we are divided on and discuss them. Here there is little to discuss. Trump has not even been charged of insurrection to be found guilty of it. What amendment applies to a non crime?

Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was no charges of insurrection, no trial, he was not found guilty in a court of law on those charges. This is the problem. That he was,, is your own tribalism.
Or we can both agree on what points we are divided on and discuss them. Here there is little to discuss. Trump has not even been charged of insurrection to be found guilty of it. What amendment applies to a non crime?
I think you did not understand what I wrote. What do you think my position is?

Upvote 0

DialecticSkeptic

Reformed
Jul 21, 2022
Vancouver
✟45,992.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
DeSantis has absolutely no chance of winning.

Why?

Note to Readers: I hope that he points to polling data, because there are several metric tons of examples where polls have predicted wins that never materialized, sometimes by embarrassing margins. For example, a poll in late 2012 showed Santorum down in abysmal single-digit range in Iowa (5 pts), way behind Paul, Gingrich, and Romney. He had "absolutely no chance of winning," right? Except the poll badly failed to reflect reality because at the end of the day he was ahead of Paul, Gingrich, and Romney, ultimately winning the primary (26 pts).

Given how incredibly unreliable polls are, it is genuinely embarrassing that people continue to trust them. They even believe the mainstream media that feeds it to them, which is equally as embarrassing since they know the media consistently lies. At least they used to know that.

In fact, DeSantis has ruined his political career by listening to his donors. ... He has taken donations from people such as Soros and Dominion, and even they have fled him.

Please provide evidence that either Dominion Voting Systems or George Soros have donated to DeSantis or the super PAC supporting him.

Note to Readers: As Jack Reacher is known to say, "details matter" in an investigation.

First, on April 19, 2023, the super PAC supporting DeSantis (Never Back Down Inc.) received a $2 million contribution from Doug M. Leone, a partner at Sequoia Capital, according to a filing with the Federal Election Commission (see here). Please observe that Sequoia Capital is a venture capital firm. It is not Sequoia Voting Systems, a subsidiary of Dominion Voting Systems (ca. 2006). They are two entirely different things. So, it is a falsehood to claim that Dominion has contributed to DeSantis.

Second, according to FEC filings, George Soros has never contributed a dime to anything associated with DeSantis. So, it is a falsehood to claim that Soros has donated to him. There are ample records, however, of Soros donating extensively, sometimes heavily to a range of Democratic super PACs and organizations, which makes sense.

There is a related claim that he endorsed DeSantis as a candidate, but that is likewise a falsehood. What Soros said (February 16, 2023) was that he hopes Trump and DeSantis "slug it out for the Republican nomination" because if DeSantis won the nomination—which Soros predicted as "likely"—that could "induce Trump, whose narcissism has turned into a disease, to run as a third-party candidate" which would fracture the conservative base and force the Republican party to reform, which would "lead to a Democratic landslide," he believed. In other words, he hopes for this scenario because he supports Democrats, not DeSantis.

Relatedly, if DeSantis was beholden to Soros money, I doubt that he could have fired two Soros-funded state attorneys, Andrew Warren in Tampa and Monique Worrell in Orlando. As his record shows, DeSantis is no friend to Soros.

Facts matter.

No one likes disloyalty.

That depends: A disloyalty to what? Values and principles, or a person?

DeSantis is unwavering in his loyalty to the U.S. Constitution and conservative values and goals, even when it costs him slings and arrows. He simply will not cave or budge, even if the GOP ultimately refuses to nominate such a person. (Just imagine that.)

Trump expects and demands loyalty to himself, openly attacking anyone who doesn't support him and/or supports DeSantis.

Seems to me that those who don't love the DeSantis kind of loyalty are not self-consistent conservatives, especially those who defend the Trump kind of loyalty and think he is entitled to be president—which is not how a democratic constitutional republic works anyway.

Note to Readers: If you want to see a crystal clear example of this difference, look at how Trump responded to Gov. Reynolds endorsing DeSantis and compare that to how DeSantis responded to Gov. Sununu endorsing Haley. Also, notice how Trump doesn't lash out at people who back Haley or Ramaswamy? To those who are paying attention, Trump is revealing that the only person he's worried about is DeSantis.

It's also interesting to note that neither Trump nor the MAGA movement has ever attacked Haley or Ramaswamy for being "disloyal," the two other people running against Trump …

… or are they?

And the new face after Pres. Trump will be Ramaswamy, who is doing and saying the right things.

I'll take that bet. (1) Which of the first four states will Ramaswamy win? (2) And by how much? (3) And what do you base these predictions on? (Please say polls, so we can revisit your first statement in light of where Ramaswamy sits in those same polls.)

DeSantis was to be the next darling, but that was finished when he allowed the Never Trumpers to whisper in his ears

First, you need to step outside of that bubble just long enough to realize that two-thirds of Americans are Never Trumpers, which includes Democrats and Independents, and then realize how silly it sounds when you accuse DeSantis of listening to 63 percent of Americans. What kind of politician is sensitive to the needs and freedoms of the American people? Oh, right, a good one.

Second, before anything else DeSantis listens to God, his wife, and the U.S. Constitution—in that order. After that, he listens to the advice of experts that he has carefully curated (e.g., SG Joseph Ladapo), even when that involves defying the White House. He is a man of principled courage with a solid steel spine. Over the years, and especially in this primary, he has demonstrated a willingness to disregard elites and power brokers, including the RNC who threatened him if he debated Newsom. He has a long and verifiable track record of calling people's bluffs, not of bending to their whispers.

They are not going after DeSantis because they realize he hasn't a prayer.

That's a conclusion in desperate need of an argument.

See, one difference between us is that I backed my view with a detailed argument—and then defended it, here, with more arguments.

No matter who the frontrunner would have been on the Republican side, [the deep state] would have destroyed [him or her]. They would not allow anyone to win unless they bowed down, and Desantis would cave. Anyone would—except one, Pres. Trump.

The swamp CAN'T destroy DeSantis because they have nothing on him. He has held a public office since 2012, with such a consistent history of defeating Democrats that he turned Florida from a swing state to a solid red state (when he won re-election with the largest gubernatorial victory in that state since 1982). Consider, too, his recent debate with Gov. Newsom, where he gave the left the perfect opportunity to destroy him. But DeSantis turned it into a bloodbath, eviscerating Newsom so badly that during a commercial break his wife, Jennifer Newsom, had to intervene and end the debate. (According to sources familiar with the event, it was DeSantis embarrassing Newsom with the poop map and the fact that he cleaned up San Francisco for a communist dictator but not the people who live there that was the proverbial straw. They were going to continue the debate after the break but Jennifer Newsom threw in the towel and rescued her husband.) If they had any dirty laundry on him, it would have come out by now. That's why they spread this psyop narrative that he can't win the nomination—because that's all they have.

But go on, tell me more about how the swamp would destroy him.

Are you sure you want to get into whether DeSantis is the kind of man who would cave? He has a verifiable record in Florida we can consult. He has called people's bluffs many, many times, whether it's the LGBT lobby, teachers’ unions, Disney World, the Republican National Committee, etc. Also keep in mind that Trump has a record, too—and it shows him caving repeatedly. Shall we talk about him caving under pressure to lock the country down? Shall we talk about how he handed the country over to Fauci, and finished his presidency by giving him a presidential commendation?

The left doesn't want Pres. Trump to win. They are doing everything they can to stop him from running but nothing has worked. The MAGA movement and Pres. Trump is picking up more steam by every new accusation.

They most certainly want Trump to win the nomination—because they know how to defeat him in the general (and it would be brutal). First, notice how they keep releasing polling data that show Trump leading Biden in key battleground states. That, along with this banana republic lawfare, is intended to manipulate Republicans (including the other candidates) into constantly defending Trump and to embolden the GOP to make him their nominee—and it's working. (It will also serve as justification when the Democrats move to replace Biden.) I wish Trump supporters would allow themselves to see this, but it is what it is.

Second, notice that everything they are doing to Trump is set to bear fruit in 2024, starting with his first trial set the day before Super Tuesday. Does any of this timing represent a clue? They want him to be a convicted felon at some point DURING the general election but NOT BEFORE the Republican party has made him their presidential nominee. When the criminal convictions and torrent of bad press begins, it needs to be too late to replace Trump.

And Trump supporters are boldly walking right into the trap.

If Trump is the nominee, Democrats will win, possibly taking all three branches of government.

If DeSantis is the nominee, Democrats will lose and be sidelined for more than a decade.

Also: The best bet for saving Trump is DeSantis becoming president. No Democrat president will pardon Trump.

"The Trump strategy is literally to run straight into the same brick wall as 2020, only harder."

Upvote 0

DialecticSkeptic

Reformed
Jul 21, 2022
Vancouver
✟45,992.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I agree with much of this, except who the Republican nominee should be. Not only does Haley not have the negatives DeSantis has picked up over the past year with his focus on culture wars (a play to Trump's base IMO that hasn't worked), her focus on policy will draw a much higher percentage of moderates that DeSantis. He likely would beat Biden, Haley certainly would.

Haley has picked up a lot of negatives this year, not least of which is her taking first one side and then the opposite of various issues. For example, in June she thought "the law should stay out of it" regarding genital mutilation surgeries on minors, but in December she said "there should be federal involvement." She said she would work from day one in office to end anonymity on the internet—"I want their names"—but now she lies and says she only meant Russian and Iranian users. She said she would never support raising the gas tax, but then later supported increasing the gas tax. She said, "I do not think we need to pull money from the U.N.," but now she says she wants to defund the U.N. And let's not forget her flip-flopping on China.

She accepts Democrat donor money, and loves the support of big Democrat donors like Wall Street CEO and Democrat Jamie Dimon (who encouraged "very liberal Democrats" to help Haley become the nominee). She refuses to criticize Blackrock and woke ESG policy. She supports open borders and unlimited immigration. She is comfortable playing the identity politics of the left (often playing her woman card) and even cites Hillary Clinton as one of her role models and the reason she got into politics. One of her former political directors, Justin Evans, said about her, "She's got a demonstrated pattern of behavior that she just walks away when times get tough."

Why are you not aware of these issues? As one person put it, Haley is a neocon who represents "a return to Bush-era conservatism, defined by idiotic foreign adventures, empowering anti-American megacorporations, and endless capitulation to the left's inverted moral agenda." I agree that she would grab more of the left-side moderates, but there's a reason for that and it's not good. (Moreover, DeSantis would grab more of the center-right moderates, so that whole argument by itself is a wash.)

We need to consolidate the non-Trump candidates behind the strongest alternative to Trump, and how the candidates finish in Iowa will determine who that is.

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Haley has picked up a lot of negatives this year, not least of which is her taking first one side and then the opposite of various issues. For example, in June she thought "the law should stay out of it" regarding genital mutilation surgeries on minors, but in December she said "there should be federal involvement." She said she would work from day one in office to end anonymity on the internet—"I want their names"—but now she lies and says she only meant Russian and Iranian users. She said she would never support raising the gas tax, but then later supported increasing the gas tax. She said, "I do not think we need to pull money from the U.N.," but now she says she wants to defund the U.N. And let's not forget her flip-flopping on China.

She accepts Democrat donor money, and loves the support of big Democrat donors like Wall Street CEO and Democrat Jamie Dimon (who encouraged "very liberal Democrats" to help Haley become the nominee). She refuses to criticize Blackrock and woke ESG policy. She supports open borders and unlimited immigration. She is comfortable playing the identity politics of the left (often playing her woman card) and even cites Hillary Clinton as one of her role models and the reason she got into politics. One of her former political directors, Justin Evans, said about her, "She's got a demonstrated pattern of behavior that she just walks away when times get tough."

Why are you not aware of these issues? As one person put it, Haley is a neocon who represents "a return to Bush-era conservatism, defined by idiotic foreign adventures, empowering anti-American megacorporations, and endless capitulation to the left's inverted moral agenda." I agree that she would grab more of the left-side moderates, but there's a reason for that and it's not good. (Moreover, DeSantis would grab more of the center-right moderates, so that whole argument by itself is a wash.)

We need to consolidate the non-Trump candidates behind the strongest alternative to Trump, and how the candidates finish in Iowa will determine who that is.
I am not going to respond to all the fallacies you have stated because it is a mute problem, vote how you will and Ill vote how I will. knowing I am right. Get on the right side or fall off choice is yours. I see with my own eyes the problems and scandalous behavior going on and if people cant see than I cant help them. I stated my position in pass post above , enough said on it.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No one in modern history has been so unjustly persecuted as President Trump.

Is that a joke? Because it's not a very good joke.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟40,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No one in modern history has been so unjustly persecuted as President Trump. The radical leftists and mainstream media unleashed an unrelenting campaign of lies and smears against him and his family. Their witch hunts and hoaxes were designed solely to undermine his America First agenda and the will of the American people who elected him. President Trump endured their slings and arrows with courage and grace, all while delivering on his promises to make America great again. What red blooded American would ever be against Making America Great?
President Trump is working to defend the integrity of our elections and uphold the Constitution. The 14th Amendment clearly states that representatives shall be apportioned among the states according to their respective numbers, "counting the whole number of persons in each State." I forgot who said, but early on someone on the left gave the number they need for a new electorate count (30 million) and the whole reason of opening the borders. They knew sense '20' they lost by that much and want that much illegal votes for '24' but what they don't realize is that MAGA is growing and the mass exodus from the Dem party, they will need much more. They have even said after '16' NEVER AGAIN!

They see the writing on the wall and know they cant beat him at the ballot box! They know and by my count 100 million Americans will vote for him in '24'; they see it, they know it and are in panic mode. If anyone thinks they have seen anything yet, buckle up. The fiery darts of Satan will come 24/7 non stop hoaxs and lies going after MAGA and the leader Pres. Trump. The global elite want everyone to do as they say not what is your constitutional right or civic duty to vote for candidate of your choice without repercussion. Thats the way a free society of America once worked.

Our Founding Fathers were guided by divine providence to establish the greatest constitutional republic the world has ever known. The principles enshrined in the Constitution - freedom, liberty, limited government - are fundamentally aligned with Judeo-Christian values. As George Washington said, "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." The Constitution was inspired by God to protect the natural rights of man.

They not even hiding any longer that they want to give the right to vote to illegals. They are not hiding their unlawful warfare but full steam ahead no matter how many lives they ruin, they care nothing for any of us, nothing for America. The exact and total opposite of Pres. Trump who gives the power back to the American people not putting it in the hands of un-elected bureaucrats.They are so afraid of this one man who does not have all the media, big tech, or global big bucks like the Democrats; yet they fear him so much they use, and might add make up lawfare against him. Their propaganda and false charges are not working so now they trying to kick him off the ballot. Illegal immigrants should not be counted for the purposes of congressional apportionment and electoral college votes. That undermines the foundational principle of one citizen, one vote.

SCOTUS will side with the President Trump on this and prevent liberal states from gaining unfair political advantages by harboring illegal immigrants and trying to kick him off the ballot-WANT WORK; nothing they have done has worked and they are scared and will stop at nothing, and I mean nothing.. What are they so afraid of? they fear him because the deep state cant control him; the media hates him because he doesn't bow down to them and fall in line with their world views. The world view is "do what I tell you to do or you want be able to buy, sell or trade". Let the American people decide! I know of someone who has in your face committed the crimes they claim Pres. Trump did.

You make a collection of assertions.
I don't see any evidence, for your assertions.

I suppose that you are responding to the Colorado Supreme Court, deciding that Trump
could be excluded from the Colorado primary ballot??

Some things, in general, need to be said:

The fair rule of law, in America, is fixed. It applies to everyone.

Although there is sometimes room for some interpretation of laws,
by lawyers, the rule of law in America is not a matter of public opinion, or popularity.

The standards for what constitute "evidence" in court, are high.

Evidence that does not meet this high standard, with regard to a specific case,
is rejected by the judicial system.

The MOTIVES for indicting someone in a criminal case,
are not the driving dynamic of legal action. Whether or not there is legal
evidence of a crime, is the driving dynamic.

For important cases, grand juries of American citizens are used, to get an initial
vote as to whether or not the evidence that a prosecutor has, is relevant to an
indictment, or enough for an indictment. These are regular citizens, asking to
evaluate evidence. They are chosen just as regular jurors are chosen.

To be indicted on 91 felonies, is VERY serious.
The grand juries of citizens involved, have decided that the evidence that they
have seen, is relevant, and enough to prosecute Trump on all sorts of serious
crimes. This is evaluation done, apart from all personal motives for liking, or
not liking Trump.

The ruling of the Colorado Supreme Court, has to do with the evidence available
about Mr. Trump inciting sedition at the January 6th, rioting. And, the applicability
of the 14th amendment, which addresses those involved in sedition not being
eligible for public office. The Colorado Supreme Court had evidence of Mr. Trump's
statements, considering this verdict.
---------- ----------
As an aside, it is curious that so many modern Americans think that "freedom of
speech" gives them immunity, for being held responsible for what they speak.
This immunity, is not part of freedom of speech.

The fair rule of law in America can hold individuals responsible for what they speak,
especially when they are advocating illegal actions, and threatening serious
violence and damage. American law holds terrorists in America responsible for
threats that they make. Why should it not hold Trump responsible for inciting
murder at the capital building? There is a lot of evidence from his personal
phone calls, and twits, that indicate that he supported lynch mob action at
the Capital Building.
---------- ----------

Verbally inciting sedition against the government, is one form of sedition.
It is the same as planning sedition, against the government.

No one is unfairly picking on Trump, by indicting him for all sorts of
very well defined crimes. There is high quality evidence for these crimes.
Grand juries of citizens have seen this evidence, and voted that this
evidence is enough to prosecute Trump.

Trump will still have his days in court. He will have the opportunity to
defend himself.

Let the due process of law, in America, work itself out.
---------- ----------

The high standard of evidence required by U.S. courts, also has held
that the many lawsuits that Trump has filed, claiming that there was
massive fraud in the 2020 election, have been based on trivial
assertions, and "evidence" that was irrelevant to the claim. With all
his billionaire financial assets, Trump has been unable to uncover any
evidence of serious fraud, in the 2020 election.

Much of the "evidence" that Trump has presented, has been theories
and conspiracy theories and photographs that were not even of the
election and vote counting process. Mr. Trump seems unable to grasp
what relevant evidence is, or what high quality evidence is.
---------- ----------

Engaging in this emotional rhetoric about someone being oppressed,
by political opponents, avoids the strict nature of the fair rule of law
in America, and its high standards for evidence that will be introduced
in court against Trump. And this evidence has already been seen by
Grand Juries of American citizens, and deemed to be relevant and
enough to convict Trump of these crimes.

The rule of law in America is not a political system.
If the Supreme Court in America chooses to rule on the Colorado
case, it will have to give written reasons why or why not the 14th amendment
to the Constitution applies, or does not apply.
It is an open, procedure.
All Americans can read the written opinion of the Supreme Court.

We should all wait to see what the federal Supreme Court decides, if
it even decides to hear the case.

Why should you have any problem with this?

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Colorado court agrees Mr Trump is not fit for office, your tribalism notwithstanding.

I do hope our Supreme Court hears this case and shows Americans who they are. They could earn some respect they seem to need right now.
A decision by Four liberal members of Colorados Supreme Court, this is nothing more than "political judicial activism" that will be thrown in the trash in the US Supreme Court, dead upon arrival

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First to the actual issue, I hope the Supreme Court does overturn the Colorado court decision. I don't think Trump's actions were clearly enough "engaging in an insurrection" to remove him from the ballot.

Now to your OP and objection to it being labeled "tribalism". The reality that you hit every MAGA talking point after talking point that has nothing to do with the issue at hand is clearly tribalism. Just own it - it's only a negative if you don't want to be tribal, and from your writings you do.

While the OP may have been less concise than you may prefer, I believe in all those words you're dismissing as simple tribalism there is a point being made which ridiculous decisions - like those seen in the Colorado supreme court ruling - show have more to do with a rogue faction (left and right) inside and outside of government attempting to prevent the type of policies that Trump, as president, would enforce, from being either enacted or enforced.

For an example to support the allegation, you can refer to drone footage of our border if you like. Trump, during his time as president created new immigration agreements with our bordering neighbors Canada and Mexico which ebbed the tide of illegal immigrants.. It was a legally binding agreement that some Republicans and many Democrats wanted to end, and with Trump no longer in office, all enforcement of said agreement ended.

In summary, rulings such as we see in the Colorado case and more, are an attempt not to keep Trump himself out of office, but rather, to keep the types of policies that benefit everyday Americans out of office, regardless of the name behind the policies.

i believe this was what the OP was attempting to express anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A decision by Four liberal members of Colorados Supreme Court, this is nothing more than "political judicial activism" that will be thrown in the trash in the US Supreme Court, dead upon arrival

I agree. The Michigan State Supreme Court ruled to keep Trump on the ballot.

Virginia will be next I guess as I read in the local paper that there's a motion filed in Virginia as well.

I have no earthly idea what anyone is thinking with these cases honestly.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While the OP may have been less concise than you may prefer, I believe in all those words you're dismissing as simple tribalism there is a point being made which ridiculous decisions - like those seen in the Colorado supreme court ruling - show have more to do with a rogue faction (left and right) inside and outside of government attempting to prevent the type of policies that Trump, as president, would enforce, from being either enacted or enforced.

For an example to support the allegation, you can refer to drone footage of our border if you like. Trump, during his time as president created new immigration agreements with our bordering neighbors Canada and Mexico which ebbed the tide of illegal immigrants.. It was a legally binding agreement that some Republicans and many Democrats wanted to end, and with Trump no longer in office, all enforcement of said agreement ended.

In summary, rulings such as we see in the Colorado case and more, are an attempt not to keep Trump himself out of office, but rather, to keep the types of policies that benefit everyday Americans out of office, regardless of the name behind the policies.

i believe this was what the OP was attempting to express anyway.
I disagree with the underlined. Several Republicans stepped up to run for the nomination who support the policy you specifically mentioned, as well as others which conservatives support.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one in modern history has been so unjustly persecuted as President Trump.
I didn’t read further. Was this said ironically? Because I’m hearing it with irony.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For Christians:

I exhort therefore, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings be made on behalf of all men; (1 Tim. 2:1)

We must believe that if we are living righteously our prayers touch the ears of God. And our petitions matter much.
This is Paul's exhortation to his younger apostolic protege and to all of us believers. It is "first of all."

On behalf of kings and all who are in high position, that we may lead a quiet and tranquil life in all godliness and gravity. (v.2)

The reason we want government to allow us Christians to live a quiet and peaceful life is not that we may spend it on
selfish things. It is that we may manifest to the world all godliness with sobriety and gravity.
Godliness is God manifest in humanity. That is man as a transparent medium through which the attributes of God may be seen through
our human virtues. We pray that government be such that to the world God may be manifest testifying gravitas and
sobriety to a chaotic morally and spiritually dark world. Gravity is not gloom. Righteous joy in Christ should be our expression.
For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. (Rom. 14:17)

This is good and acceptable in the sight of our Savior God, (v.3)
The implication is that there are many things a Christian might feel to do about human government which to God are not that good and acceptable. This however is good and acceptable in God's sight.

Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth. (v.4)
The driving divine motive behind this exhortation is that all people be saved from eternal judgement of the Righteous God.
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
Only Jesus Christ is a prototype, a model of what God MEANT by human being.

He desires not only all be saved but in addition come to
the full knowledge of the truth - the reality of what life is about.
Man was created for
godliness - God manifest in the flesh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I disagree with the underlined. Several Republicans stepped up to run for the nomination who support the policy you specifically mentioned, as well as others which conservatives support.

They aren't the frontrunner...

Also, do you think 4 years of DeSantis would be any less hostile towards the president, should DeSantis win, than the 4 years with Trump?

I mean honestly, do you really think they'd have a love affair with DeSantis just because he's not Trump?

Ramaswamy?

I don't think so... Only the names would change yet we'd still hear about the evil nationalists ruining democracy, becoming dictators, funded by Russia or some stand-in thereof... And they'd be impeached but not convicted and have one lie after the other made up and parroted about them at 5 pm daily... Just like Trump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Although I'm not a Trump supporter, what the judges (all democrats BTW) did in Colorado, is judge
Trump for the crime of insurrection, of which he was never convicted of. Keeping him off the ballot gives the
power of the government to the judges, and the people be damned.

No way should the SCOTUS let this ruling stand and neither should any American.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although I'm not a Trump supporter, what the judges (all democrats BTW) did in Colorado, is judge
Trump for the crime of insurrection, of which he was never convicted of. Keeping him off the ballot gives the
power of the government to the judges, and the people be damned.

No way should the SCOTUS let this ruling stand and neither should any American.
The facts speak for themselves, regardless of what any judges say, Trump tried to make void the votes of Americans so as to stay in power and that is against the Constitution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No one in modern history has been so unjustly persecuted as President Trump. The radical leftists and mainstream media unleashed an unrelenting campaign of lies and smears against him and his family. Their witch hunts and hoaxes were designed solely to undermine his America First agenda and the will of the American people who elected him. President Trump endured their slings and arrows with courage and grace, all while delivering on his promises to make America great again. What red blooded American would ever be against Making America Great?
President Trump is working to defend the integrity of our elections and uphold the Constitution. The 14th Amendment clearly states that representatives shall be apportioned among the states according to their respective numbers, "counting the whole number of persons in each State." I forgot who said, but early on someone on the left gave the number they need for a new electorate count (30 million) and the whole reason of opening the borders. They knew sense '20' they lost by that much and want that much illegal votes for '24' but what they don't realize is that MAGA is growing and the mass exodus from the Dem party, they will need much more. They have even said after '16' NEVER AGAIN!

They see the writing on the wall and know they cant beat him at the ballot box! They know and by my count 100 million Americans will vote for him in '24'; they see it, they know it and are in panic mode. If anyone thinks they have seen anything yet, buckle up. The fiery darts of Satan will come 24/7 non stop hoaxs and lies going after MAGA and the leader Pres. Trump. The global elite want everyone to do as they say not what is your constitutional right or civic duty to vote for candidate of your choice without repercussion. Thats the way a free society of America once worked.

Our Founding Fathers were guided by divine providence to establish the greatest constitutional republic the world has ever known. The principles enshrined in the Constitution - freedom, liberty, limited government - are fundamentally aligned with Judeo-Christian values. As George Washington said, "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." The Constitution was inspired by God to protect the natural rights of man.

They not even hiding any longer that they want to give the right to vote to illegals. They are not hiding their unlawful warfare but full steam ahead no matter how many lives they ruin, they care nothing for any of us, nothing for America. The exact and total opposite of Pres. Trump who gives the power back to the American people not putting it in the hands of un-elected bureaucrats.They are so afraid of this one man who does not have all the media, big tech, or global big bucks like the Democrats; yet they fear him so much they use, and might add make up lawfare against him. Their propaganda and false charges are not working so now they trying to kick him off the ballot. Illegal immigrants should not be counted for the purposes of congressional apportionment and electoral college votes. That undermines the foundational principle of one citizen, one vote.

SCOTUS will side with the President Trump on this and prevent liberal states from gaining unfair political advantages by harboring illegal immigrants and trying to kick him off the ballot-WANT WORK; nothing they have done has worked and they are scared and will stop at nothing, and I mean nothing.. What are they so afraid of? they fear him because the deep state cant control him; the media hates him because he doesn't bow down to them and fall in line with their world views. The world view is "do what I tell you to do or you want be able to buy, sell or trade". Let the American people decide! I know of someone who has in your face committed the crimes they claim Pres. Trump did.
The left chant their mantra about DT destroying democracy.

This is laughable, but expected.

The simple action of using a legal system as a weapon to remove a candidate from a ballot in attempts to block them from being elected..... is anti democracy in it's most visible form.

(not to mention using the media and academia as a weapon also)

Democracy.... if it was the pride and goal of Democrats... or republicans... would have them all shouting... "PUT HIM ON THE BALLOT.. LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE"

Cause... that's pure unadulterated democratic procedure. One person... one vote.... let the numbers show the truth.

It is blatantly obvious that the left will go to any lengths to have DT removed from any running election. They fear him because they know that the people desperately want him in office again.

They cannot let a democratic election go forward, with him on the ballot... not one that isn't corrupt anyway.

Each time that DT is indicted, charged, slandered, or defamed... in the press, law or government circles... His popularity grows. and grows and grows.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The facts speak for themselves, regardless of what any judges say, Trump tried to make void the votes of Americans so as to stay in power and that is against the Constitution.
If he committed a crime, charge him and give him due process. Judges cannot be trying a person for a crime he has not been convicted of.

Upvote 0