How will Gun Control Defend our 1st Amendment?

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'll start this topic with this video so people can see who the bad guys are who want to take our rights away.

There can be no dispute that Democrats want to confiscarte all guns. Though how will that protect our 1st Amendment Right if we abolish (or abrogate the 2nd Amendment as Newsom has suggested) the 2nd Amendment? After all, our founders placed so much importances on the 2nd Amendment that they made our 2nd Amendment! They gave us the right to free speech and religion and freedom of the press. Then they said, oh, you're gonna need a gun. For our founders knew full well that corruption is neverending in politics, that our own government would seek power over the people at any given chance. Countries that have banned all guns were all countries that are now pages of the worst parts of the 20th century. Countries like Russia, Germany, China and others banned guns for the purpose of controling the people. This control, of course, was every aspect of life, from who you worship to what you will eat or drink etc.

Many times now we have seen Democrats talk about the buy back system. Well this is eactly what the Nazis did to make sure the German people would not rise up and overthrow them. We have never ever seen anything good come from gun control. And with guns being more popular then Democrats today, why are we even talking about this? I guess its because the Democrats are still trying to ban guns and ammo. Right now Democrats have placed an 11% tax on all ammo. This tax will go up and up and up with the intension of taxing us out of ammo. But with ammo being more popular today then Democrats, why are we tolerating this? We need to protect our Bill of Rights or we will no doubtedly lose them all.

Democrats want to revoke our right to even conceal carry. Well won't think give crminals soft targets everywhere they go? Sure it would! At least with concealed carry criminals need to think and consider where they are before committing crimes. I can't remember what state this took place in, but not too long ago there was a mass shooter at a grocery store. If that event took place where I live that shooter would have had so many holes in him he would have been hard to identiy. This is because we I live we are all packing. Almost everyone you see in the grocery store has a gun. Even in our more conservative churches every person in church is packing. This is because of all the mass shootings. Yet we only see these mass shootings happening in states and cities run by leftists. They have empowered criminals to the point where they have full reign over these states and cities run by leftists. But in states and cities where leftists have little to no say, crminals are scared to commit a violent crime because of how many people are carrying guns. The more people conceal carry the more violent gun crimes will drop. But if Democrats get their way the only people with guns will be the bad guys! Eventually the corrupt government will have guns and we will be defenseless. Then what? How will the government have protected us from guns when they are the criminals behind gun control?

I guess it all boils down to this simple answer. If you own a gun for hunting, self-defense, or sport shooting, then you vote Trump. If you want to see the government become the mafia with every citizen unarmed, then you vote Biden or Democrat.

Though I think its safe to say that gun control is the most unpopular view in the country right now. If you are worried about your 2nd Amendment Right you can donate to the NRA or the Second Amendment Foundation. I donate to both. These donations help win court cases across the country. I will continue to donate until this issue no longer remains an issue.

It would be pointless if not irresponsible of me to write all this without providing an answer to our problem in America. I think Americans need to get back to reality. Better yet, ultimate reality. We need to be able to understand how mentally unstable people are becoming and how to identify mental health issues quicker before those mental health issues escalate. Moreover, as unpopular as this is to the left, encouraging faith in God again should be made a priority again. When America was a God fearing nation we did not have all these mass shootings and other violent crimes like we see on a grand scale today. It was the left that has caused so much spiritual depression in this country which has caused people to completely lose their morals. Think about it, how much morality does one have to lose to shoot up a school full of little children? Oh, you better believe a person needs to lose all morality before they go and do something that evil!
I think its safe to say we are all strongly opposed to mass shootings and violent gun crimes. Though we conservative strongly believe this is a spiritual and mental issue that should be addressed properly. I'm a gun owner. I know many gun owners. I'll be at a meeting tomorrow with a room full of gun owners. Not one gun owner I know is capable of shooting up a school. All these people I know have far better morals than to do something so vile. So if anybody is truly serious, and I mean serious, about fixing the problem we have in this country in regards to mass shootings, then I urge you to take the right course and abandon your thoughts on gun control and place your attention on the mental health state of our nation.

• Wow
Reactions: FenderTL5

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll start this topic with this video so people can see who the bad guys are who want to take our rights away.

There can be no dispute that Democrats want to confiscarte all guns. Though how will that protect our 1st Amendment Right if we abolish (or abrogate the 2nd Amendment as Newsom has suggested) the 2nd Amendment? After all, our founders placed so much importances on the 2nd Amendment that they made our 2nd Amendment! They gave us the right to free speech and religion and freedom of the press. Then they said, oh, you're gonna need a gun. For our founders knew full well that corruption is neverending in politics, that our own government would seek power over the people at any given chance. Countries that have banned all guns were all countries that are now pages of the worst parts of the 20th century. Countries like Russia, Germany, China and others banned guns for the purpose of controling the people. This control, of course, was every aspect of life, from who you worship to what you will eat or drink etc.

Many times now we have seen Democrats talk about the buy back system. Well this is eactly what the Nazis did to make sure the German people would not rise up and overthrow them. We have never ever seen anything good come from gun control. And with guns being more popular then Democrats today, why are we even talking about this? I guess its because the Democrats are still trying to ban guns and ammo. Right now Democrats have placed an 11% tax on all ammo. This tax will go up and up and up with the intension of taxing us out of ammo. But with ammo being more popular today then Democrats, why are we tolerating this? We need to protect our Bill of Rights or we will no doubtedly lose them all.

Democrats want to revoke our right to even conceal carry. Well won't think give crminals soft targets everywhere they go? Sure it would! At least with concealed carry criminals need to think and consider where they are before committing crimes. I can't remember what state this took place in, but not too long ago there was a mass shooter at a grocery store. If that event took place where I live that shooter would have had so many holes in him he would have been hard to identiy. This is because we I live we are all packing. Almost everyone you see in the grocery store has a gun. Even in our more conservative churches every person in church is packing. This is because of all the mass shootings. Yet we only see these mass shootings happening in states and cities run by leftists. They have empowered criminals to the point where they have full reign over these states and cities run by leftists. But in states and cities where leftists have little to no say, crminals are scared to commit a violent crime because of how many people are carrying guns. The more people conceal carry the more violent gun crimes will drop. But if Democrats get their way the only people with guns will be the bad guys! Eventually the corrupt government will have guns and we will be defenseless. Then what? How will the government have protected us from guns when they are the criminals behind gun control?

I guess it all boils down to this simple answer. If you own a gun for hunting, self-defense, or sport shooting, then you vote Trump. If you want to see the government become the mafia with every citizen unarmed, then you vote Biden or Democrat.

Though I think its safe to say that gun control is the most unpopular view in the country right now. If you are worried about your 2nd Amendment Right you can donate to the NRA or the Second Amendment Foundation. I donate to both. These donations help win court cases across the country. I will continue to donate until this issue no longer remains an issue.

It would be pointless if not irresponsible of me to write all this without providing an answer to our problem in America. I think Americans need to get back to reality. Better yet, ultimate reality. We need to be able to understand how mentally unstable people are becoming and how to identify mental health issues quicker before those mental health issues escalate. Moreover, as unpopular as this is to the left, encouraging faith in God again should be made a priority again. When America was a God fearing nation we did not have all these mass shootings and other violent crimes like we see on a grand scale today. It was the left that has caused so much spiritual depression in this country which has caused people to completely lose their morals. Think about it, how much morality does one have to lose to shoot up a school full of little children? Oh, you better believe a person needs to lose all morality before they go and do something that evil!
I think its safe to say we are all strongly opposed to mass shootings and violent gun crimes. Though we conservative strongly believe this is a spiritual and mental issue that should be addressed properly. I'm a gun owner. I know many gun owners. I'll be at a meeting tomorrow with a room full of gun owners. Not one gun owner I know is capable of shooting up a school. All these people I know have far better morals than to do something so vile. So if anybody is truly serious, and I mean serious, about fixing the problem we have in this country in regards to mass shootings, then I urge you to take the right course and abandon your thoughts on gun control and place your attention on the mental health state of our nation.
Gun control will " defend life".
1707316916120.png

Upvote 0

SMTA

Jul 28, 2023
Ohio
✟15,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I’m solidly pro gun
It will be a cold day before I vote for that moron Trump.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Taking guns is not the same as checking records of people trying to buy them, and having gun licenses with educational requirements like we have for driving a car.

And if there is a shooter, it is possible for police to shoot a packer who is trying to help the police.

So, whatever you do, you need a way to do it right.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People really just want to reduce the unnecessary gun violence in America. I wouldn't necessarily call them "the bad guys". If one considers it from a logical perspective, better gun regulations would lead to fewer unnecessary gun deaths endured by American citizens. If there are fewer deaths, it stands to reason more Americans are afforded first amendment rights by being alive. If more people enjoy rights to free speech and religion there could be a majority who believe Americans deserve the right to live free from unnecessary risk of gun deaths. Most of us don't want to resort to extreme measure of confiscartion,/s, which is why we should feel obligated to try several layers of regulations to prevent deaths and total loss of gun rights.

An appeals court recently ruled that refusing to wear a mask during a public health emergency is not a free speech right. Meaning people are obligated to heed the mask wearing mandate. In the name of public safety to protect innocent lives. The fact that many Americans eschewed wearing masks and social distancing resulted in more unnecessary covid deaths in our country. If the gun violence is deemed a public health emergency, then it could be used to justify the more extreme measures such as gun confiscation. Which is why we would benefit from several helpful regulations that really wouldn't require much sacrifice from law abiding gun owners. To prevent the extreme tactics that seem to terrify those who already own several firearms.

It does not boil down to your overly simplistic view of if you own a gun for hunting, self-defense or sport shooting you vote for Trump either :sigh:. That's kinda why the present state of our government is so corrupt and ineffective. Voters don't consider enough factual truth to make reasoned choices based on character, principles and qualifications of all the candidates. Our tribalism is the problem, not a solution. Americans are not enemies to one another. We are supposed to be a part of one united team. It was our strength for 240 years. We have always disagreed here and there but we never used to mistake each other for enemies.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Right now Democrats have placed an 11% tax on all ammo.
In California, yes....starting 1 July 2024. A bill for this tax has also been proposed for Washington state.

There is no nationwide recently imposed 11% ammo tax for consumers. A federal excise tax of 10–11 percent on the import and production of firearms and ammunition has been in place since 1919, but the rate has not been changed since it was first instituted.

I am definitely not for a nationwide 11% tax on ammo. It will do nothing to curb the gun violence. However, partial-truth (in this case 2% truth) statements such as this are just plain moronic and suited for those who thrive on wading in bullcrap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Revisionist history, both on your part and the video.

(from the video) "Our government is supposed to fear us, that's the whole point of that piece of paper with the funny lines.. (meaning the Constitution/2nd Amendment)"
That is utter nonsense.
It is quite literally the opposite of that comment and the 2nd Amendment says so outright, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State.. (bold added)"
The purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to establish the citizen militia (with their arms) in the absence of a standing army, for the "security" of the new founded government not opposition to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People really just want to reduce the unnecessary gun violence in America. I wouldn't necessarily call them "the bad guys". If one considers it from a logical perspective, better gun regulations would lead to fewer unnecessary gun deaths endured by American citizens. If there are fewer deaths, it stands to reason more Americans are afforded first amendment rights by being alive. If more people enjoy rights to free speech and religion there could be a majority who believe Americans deserve the right to live free from unnecessary risk of gun deaths. Most of us don't want to resort to extreme measure of confiscartion,/s, which is why we should feel obligated to try several layers of regulations to prevent deaths and total loss of gun rights.

An appeals court recently ruled that refusing to wear a mask during a public health emergency is not a free speech right. Meaning people are obligated to heed the mask wearing mandate. In the name of public safety to protect innocent lives. The fact that many Americans eschewed wearing masks and social distancing resulted in more unnecessary covid deaths in our country. If the gun violence is deemed a public health emergency, then it could be used to justify the more extreme measures such as gun confiscation. Which is why we would benefit from several helpful regulations that really wouldn't require much sacrifice from law abiding gun owners. To prevent the extreme tactics that seem to terrify those who already own several firearms.

It does not boil down to your overly simplistic view of if you own a gun for hunting, self-defense or sport shooting you vote for Trump either :sigh:. That's kinda why the present state of our government is so corrupt and ineffective. Voters don't consider enough factual truth to make reasoned choices based on character, principles and qualifications of all the candidates. Our tribalism is the problem, not a solution. Americans are not enemies to one another. We are supposed to be a part of one united team. It was our strength for 240 years. We have always disagreed here and there but we never used to mistake each other for enemies.
Define better gun regulations please.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I think it’s safe to say we are all strongly opposed to mass shootings and violent gun crimes. Though we conservative strongly believe this is a spiritual and mental issue that should be addressed properly. I'm a gun owner. I know many gun owners. I'll be at a meeting tomorrow with a room full of gun owners. Not one gun owner I know is capable of shooting up a school. All these people I know have far better morals than to do something so vile. So if anybody is truly serious, and I mean serious, about fixing the problem we have in this country in regards to mass shootings, then I urge you to take the right course and abandon your thoughts on gun control and place your attention on the mental health state of our nation.
I’m pro gun control but I think the laws we have in place already are sufficient. I can’t think of any new laws that are going to affect the amount of gun violence we have. If anyone has any ideas I would be interested in hearing them.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can’t think of any new laws that are going to affect the amount of gun violence we have.
Make it against the law n-o-t to have a gun.

And have a reward for turning in illegal dealers, and make the reward more profitable than covering up for the gun dealer. Then seize the dealers funds to pay the reward, and seize and sell all assets that have been used to support the gun dealer's operations.

And the police have in at least one city made a project of capturing guns and the violence went down.

And you can have approved plus legally witnessed police walk-throughs of public and high-crime housing areas. They can enter any place where there is a crime in progress, which includes where there is smell of smoke from cigarettes and vaping, cocaine, and marijuana in no-smoking buildings. Then they can also search for guns and drugs. Bring dogs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SMTA

Jul 28, 2023
Ohio
✟15,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Make it against the law n-o-t to have a gun.

And have a reward for turning in illegal dealers, and make the reward more profitable than covering up for the gun dealer. Then seize the dealers funds to pay the reward, and seize and sell all assets that have been used to support the gun dealer's operations.

And the police have in at least one city made a project of capturing guns and the violence went down.

And you can have approved plus legally witnessed police walk-throughs of public and high-crime housing areas. They can enter any place where there is a crime in progress, which includes where there is smell of smoke from cigarettes and vaping, cocaine, and marijuana in no-smoking buildings. Then they can also search for guns and drugs. Bring dogs.
Absolutely illegal ideas completely against the COTUS.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Define better gun regulations please.

I'm not in a position to effect change so any ideas I share will be wasted breath. My point is not to argue with others. My point is we need leadership willing to work in good faith on different ideas to effect positive changes that do reduce gun violence in America. We have always expected members of our government to work together in a common goal to benefit constituents. But the folks we've elected recently have brought our once functional government to a standstill. Voters are not holding them to their obligations of elected office. These elected officials seem to think Americans have all acquiesced to our culture of sacrifice but we have not. Try something. Try anything to reduce the unnecessary gun violence. If these elected officials can't or won't effect positive changes for citizens in America then we have an obligation to replace those members of government. In the name of public safety. Maybe I am in the minority as to prioritizing lives of Americans over the wants of fearful gun owners. It sure do seem like it.

Reactions: SMTA
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not in a position to effect change so any ideas I share will be wasted breath. My point is not to argue with others. My point is we need leadership willing to work in good faith on different ideas to effect positive changes that do reduce gun violence in America. We have always expected members of our government to work together in a common goal to benefit constituents. But the folks we've elected recently have brought our once functional government to a standstill. Voters are not holding them to their obligations of elected office. These elected officials seem to think Americans have all acquiesced to our culture of sacrifice but we have not. Try something. Try anything to reduce the unnecessary gun violence. If these elected officials can't or won't effect positive changes for citizens in America then we have an obligation to replace those members of government. In the name of public safety. Maybe I am in the minority as to prioritizing lives of Americans over the wants of fearful gun owners. It sure do seem like it.
I wasn’t intending on starting an argument, it’s just that I keep hearing that we need stricter gun laws to reduce gun violence but I never hear what laws they actually want to implement.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wasn’t intending on starting an argument, it’s just that I keep hearing that we need stricter gun laws to reduce gun violence but I never hear what laws they actually want to implement.

I know you weren't trying to start another argument. We probably never hear about new gun regulation measures because our government seldom works on the issue anymore. I was having a weird morning yesterday and picked a poor thread in which to comment while trying to avoid an argument. Have a nice weekend :).

Upvote 0