question about reading God's Word

Brian90

Feb 12, 2006
✟15,963.00
Faith
Protestant
1. I always hear people say things like: you should read 1 chapter of The Bible each day etc.. But I am just wondering, do we need to read The Bible everyday (we should I guess, but is it like bad/a sin if you dont read The Bible everyday?)

2. If we spend time with God everyday (prayer etc.), does it mean we HAVE to read The Bible also?

3. We must spend time with God daily right? (Is there any scriptures on this whole matter? Thanks!)

Smiler33

Smiling .... and meaning it this time!
Sep 20, 2010
UK
✟15,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's good to read the Bible every day if you can but I'm not sure if it should become a chore - sometimes I love reading it but other days I just don't! I try not to put pressure on myself.

At the moment I am loving reading it and finding it really helpful - I can easily spend 45 mins reading the Bible and praying.

Do you use bible study notes? I do and find them excellent to help me.

Upvote 0

janman345

Jun 15, 2010
✟1,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like to listen to the bible on audio and its not every day but when I do listen its usually like an entire book of the bible (unless its genisis or exodus which took like 3-4 sittings). I would say its very important to have read through the bible once (or listened) it keeps you from being decieved or being swayed by someones non biblical opinion (which there is ALOT of on this site, just go to the marriage section, I think this is wrong no I think thats wrong, your wrong, blah blah blah). If you know the bible you know whats really real, if not its like being in a cult because you are swayed like the wind with every pew warmers opinion. You need to be able to take a hard stand against exageration and untruth and call out wolves in sheeps clothes who seek to destroy your joy and happyness through subtle manipulations of scripture, just look at some of the thread I am in in the marriage section (you can do a search of my handle and see). If you dont tow the party line so to speak (the dogma or agenda line) you will see how sour people turn, they walk around with a rock in their hand if you dare challenge their agenda, for them it really does not matter what the bible says they want control. You have to be sure of yourself enough to possibly physically defend yourself or to up and leave a church.

Upvote 0

Jonnley

Aug 29, 2010
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Psalms 1

1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners