How to press on?

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I hear people talk about how long they have been saved and how good God has been to them. I sit and think how in the world did they make it this long? I am struggling to make each day. I see so much joy in fellow Christians lives. I want that in my own life. I feel stuck like I’m not getting anywhere. If my suicide attempt would have worked, I would have been gone a month come Monday ( the 29 ). I can’t seem to let go of the bad and except the good things in life. I feel like I was never meant to exist. I want fellowship with God but I can’t seem to get that. I pray and pray and pray and nothing so far. I know he’s listening but he doesn’t answer.
From the time I was born I have screwed up everything I put my hands on. I’ve finally made it to a point where I have patched some things up and I’m doing better at avoiding sin. I am at the point I’m asking God what is the point? Lord, will I ever hit some smoother road. I have had a very tragic life. One bad thing after another!! My dad just got put in jail today. My dad is hard man, he has made my life 10 times worse then what had to be. I felt bad to see him go to jail but I think he needs the time to think.

Anyway, I just wonder how will I ever make it through. I can’t see making another year the way things are. I’m not happy!! I don’t have peace and joy. I cut myself to cope with life!! I can’t overcome the obstacles in my life.
I feel like a failure!! I look at mature Christians and think how will I ever get there!!!! I’m weak!!
I’m tired of fighting. I need a break. God, I need strength to press on !!!! I’m only roughly 7 months into my journey with God and Lord it has not been easy!!!

Thanks for reading this-
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

- Little Sister-

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟96,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Faith over Fear

I was saddened by your post that you are having such a hard time.

Firstly, let me say to you that life here isn't meant to be easy, nor is there a smooth road guaranteed for you around the corner if you stay away from sin. This life is a training ground, for the true life to come in New Jerusalem. In that city that there will be no more pain, hardship, struggle and sadness. Only peace, love, harmony and joy. But for now, we live on a prison world, ruled but Satan, and the children of Light hold heavy hearts and walk on harsh roads because of it.

Secondly, why are you judging yourself and your walk to other Christians that you presume to be blessed? What, because things seem to be going well for them and they shout about their relationship with the Lord does that make them better than you? Does it even mean that these things are facts or do they just seem to be facts? King Saul lived in Jerusalem, seemingly prosperous and blessed by God and David was out in the wilderness and hated by many. But what were the facts behind the scenes?

In summary, don't look down, look up. Soon a better life will arrive where your hard work and discipline here will be rewarded. Only don't give up or sin when things get hard. Questions in an exam can be hard, but you must choose to do the hard work and answer them if you want to pass. However, you don't get to see your grade as soon as you answer. No, instead you press on to the next question and the next, with no confirmation that you have answered correctly. So it is with this life.

Finally, mediate on Psalm 42. Consider it's words very deeply, day after day. Your soul will soon resonate with the wisdom and you will find peace.

May Yahweh Almighty grant you peace and wisdom during this trying time.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear people talk about how long they have been saved and how good God has been to them. I sit and think how in the world did they make it this long? I am struggling to make each day. I see so much joy in fellow Christians lives. I want that in my own life. I feel stuck like I’m not getting anywhere. If my suicide attempt would have worked, I would have been gone a month come Monday ( the 29 ). I can’t seem to let go of the bad and except the good things in life. I feel like I was never meant to exist. I want fellowship with God but I can’t seem to get that. I pray and pray and pray and nothing so far. I know he’s listening but he doesn’t answer.
From the time I was born I have screwed up everything I put my hands on. I’ve finally made it to a point where I have patched some things up and I’m doing better at avoiding sin. I am at the point I’m asking God what is the point? Lord, will I ever hit some smoother road. I have had a very tragic life. One bad thing after another!! My dad just got put in jail today. My dad is hard man, he has made my life 10 times worse then what had to be. I felt bad to see him go to jail but I think he needs the time to think.

Anyway, I just wonder how will I ever make it through. I can’t see making another year the way things are. I’m not happy!! I don’t have peace and joy. I cut myself to cope with life!! I can’t overcome the obstacles in my life.
I feel like a failure!! I look at mature Christians and think how will I ever get there!!!! I’m weak!!
I’m tired of fighting. I need a break. God, I need strength to press on !!!! I’m only roughly 7 months into my journey with God and Lord it has not been easy!!!

Thanks for reading this-
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

- Little Sister-
Recieve His Holy Spirit and you will have the fellowship with our Father that you so desperately seek. Prayers for your regeneration and that His Holy Spirit not be quenched. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Little Sister, I would like to let you know that the walk of faith is not even easy for "mature Christians" and some people just pretend that everything is okay when it is not. I encourage you to repent of sins when you pray, repent of self harm, repent of the suicide attempt, repent of negative thinking. I encourage you to confess and pray God's promises over your life. Start with Jeremiah 29:11, Psalm 139, Psalm 23, Psalm 91. I encourage you to read the Word of God daily, push through to read especially when you don't want to. I empathize with you. Nobody has an easy life, everyone has challenges, some more than others. But Romans 8:28, God can use all of that negative to produce something good. God is good. Hold on to Him. Satan desperately wants you to let go of God so you can spend a lonely, horrendous, pain filled, dark, blackened eternity with him. God's plan for you is everlasting joy. Weeping endures for a night but joy comes in the morning. Read Psalms 126. Meditate on it. God loves you. Jesus loves you. Thank God your suicide attempt failed, mine didn't come to fruition and I am so grateful it didn't. 8 years ago I surrendered my life to Christ. It hasn't been a cake walk but His plans for me are way better than what I had for myself. Hold on to God. Believe in His goodness. Read Psalm 27. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi @Faith over Fear

I was saddened by your post that you are having such a hard time.

Firstly, let me say to you that life here isn't meant to be easy, nor is there a smooth road guaranteed for you around the corner if you stay away from sin. This life is a training ground, for the true life to come in New Jerusalem. In that city that there will be no more pain, hardship, struggle and sadness. Only peace, love, harmony and joy. But for now, we live on a prison world, ruled but Satan, and the children of Light hold heavy hearts and walk on harsh roads because of it.

Secondly, why are you judging yourself and your walk to other Christians that you presume to be blessed? What, because things seem to be going well for them and they shout about their relationship with the Lord does that make them better than you? Does it even mean that these things are facts or do they just seem to be facts? King Saul lived in Jerusalem, seemingly prosperous and blessed by God and David was out in the wilderness and hated by many. But what were the facts behind the scenes?

In summary, don't look down, look up. Soon a better life will arrive where your hard work and discipline here will be rewarded. Only don't give up or sin when things get hard. Questions in an exam can be hard, but you must choose to do the hard work and answer them if you want to pass. However, you don't get to see your grade as soon as you answer. No, instead you press on to the next question and the next, with no confirmation that you have answered correctly. So it is with this life.

Finally, mediate on Psalm 42. Consider it's words very deeply, day after day. Your soul will soon resonate with the wisdom and you will find peace.

May Yahweh Almighty grant you peace and wisdom during this trying time.
I know it’s wrong, but I do compare myself with everyone else and ALWAYS find myself the lesser. I quit Facebook because I couldn’t handle the pressure of seeing everyone else’s highest points and comparing it with my lowest points. Plus Facebook is trash! Nothing good has come from Facebook or ticktock. It’s a world of look at me.

Thanks-

Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Have you tried serving the Lord? Things like joining a ministry at a church, volunteering to help the poor, even helping others out on online forums. That can do a lot to feed your spirit.
I am generally heavily involved in helping others. Besides what I do for my church, I am involved in my community. I am also involved helping children with terminal illnesses and senior citizen homes. I do what I can…. I wish I could do more. Anytime I’m not working I’m involved in one of the previous things I mentioned. Right now I am recovering from surgery so I’m missing doing those things.

• Prayers
Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello Little Sister, I would like to let you know that the walk of faith is not even easy for "mature Christians" and some people just pretend that everything is okay when it is not. I encourage you to repent of sins when you pray, repent of self harm, repent of the suicide attempt, repent of negative thinking. I encourage you to confess and pray God's promises over your life. Start with Jeremiah 29:11, Psalm 139, Psalm 23, Psalm 91. I encourage you to read the Word of God daily, push through to read especially when you don't want to. I empathize with you. Nobody has an easy life, everyone has challenges, some more than others. But Romans 8:28, God can use all of that negative to produce something good. God is good. Hold on to Him. Satan desperately wants you to let go of God so you can spend a lonely, horrendous, pain filled, dark, blackened eternity with him. God's plan for you is everlasting joy. Weeping endures for a night but joy comes in the morning. Read Psalms 126. Meditate on it. God loves you. Jesus loves you. Thank God your suicide attempt failed, mine didn't come to fruition and I am so grateful it didn't. 8 years ago I surrendered my life to Christ. It hasn't been a cake walk but His plans for me are way better than what I had for myself. Hold on to God. Believe in His goodness. Read Psalm 27. God bless you.
The people I go to church with must pretend well. They act like since they got saved everything has been perfect. They seem so excited and spirit filled. Things aren’t always as they seem I guess.
I really don’t know why my suicide attempt failed. I think it had to have been God. A loaded pistol didn’t fire. After it didn’t fire I got my car and tried to fire it again and it fired. I shot the whole clip of bullets out and it worked fine. It’s weird to think that, if it would have fired when I wanted it to, I would’ve been dead. It’s a sick feeling to think I am capable of such stupidity. I can’t be trusted with my own body. :disrelieved:.

Anyway, I’m on a journey….. I long for the day I look back and can say it was well worth it!!
I don’t want to fail. I want to succeed!! It’s just so hard!!!

Thank you so much-

• Friendly
Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟96,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know it’s wrong, but I do compare myself with everyone else and ALWAYS find myself the lesser. I quit Facebook because I couldn’t handle the pressure of seeing everyone else’s highest points and comparing it with my lowest points. Plus Facebook is trash! Nothing good has come from Facebook or ticktock. It’s a world of look at me.

Thanks-
True. Little good has come from Facebook and tiktok compared to harm and negative impact it has had on the psyche of mankind.

Nevertheless, don't compare yourself to others. However tempting and easy it might be. I've known christians that I thought were very holy and blessed and I felt as nothing to them... until a spotlight revealed something disturbing going on in the personal life which I would never think to do.

Don't judge on appearances. And, even if the person you compare yourself to is truly holy and blessed, use that as an impetus to drive on. If you go to a gym on day one and seem muscle bound people there should you think "I'm not like them I don't belong!". Or if you go on holiday to a beach far away and everyone has a sun tan yet your super white and pale, should you keep your clothes on and think "everyone's better than me, I am not tanned like them at all"?

You do you. Walk righteously, according to God's Law. Harbour no hatred or unforgiveness. Help the needy, bless those who you can, respect His position as Father and Creator and you'll do well. And if it seems those on your right are doing "so much better" and those on your left "doing far worse" - veer never to either side and keep walking your path.

Right now it sounds like you are building experience for days to come when you may be needed to minister or give support. So listen carefully for lessons you are being taught about yourself and your behaviour and be eager to grow from this so that you don't have to do the lesson again.

Psalm 42.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Well, you're doing those things to help others. And are your Christian friends there doing whaat you do? Even if others are serving where you do, possibly you are the one God has chosen to help the ones you are sharing with. No one else can be you and take your place. So, why would you compare what you are doing to what other Christians are doing? The one you are looking in the eye and loving isn't comparing you with others, is she or is he?

So . . . prayer for you > may we all submit to You, O God, and pray the way You have us praying for our little sister. Thank You for keeping her alive and for how she has trusted us with what she is telling us. May she have friends who understand her but do help her to get any correction she needs.

We trust Jesus to evaluate what is going on and to do what is right for you and the ones you are helping and visiting. And we offer your father to God, for all God is able to do with him. Every one of us has been an impossible case. If your friends are real Christians, they can tell you how they once were wrong and disobedient and only God could save them and change them to become loving and joyful people. They were impossible cases, like any of us have been. But if anyone is acting so great but has nothing to say about how greatly they were sinful and needed to be saved, such ones might not really be Christians.

If God has truly changed us to become loving people, we can tell you about all the correction we have needed to go through, how we needed to deny ourselves, "die to self", get into forgiving any and all people who have hurt us, and learn to humble ourselves and submit to God and His will, not our will.

So, you might talk with one of the Christians you are describing and hear the person's story, and what helped him or her to get saved and become mature in love and joy and peace. And talk about how they handle their troubles, including how they perhaps have been their own main problem. I am sure a number of them have family troubles and tragedies, and if they are Christian they can tell you what helps them.

But, in my case, little sister, I am not an obviously joyful person, but I seem to be growing in kindness and caring about even nasty and impossible people who can just try to use others. So, I am more compassionate and not conceited looking down on wrong people and self-righteously criticizing them like I used to do. And I have been one to think I was supposed to be a preacher heard around the world, so I could straighten out everybody. But, instead, I am changing a sick dog's pee pads and trying to get him to eat, while my lady friend and I try to find out what to do with an isolated senior who won't let anyone near her while she suffers on and on.

But what is working is I simply be quiet and trust God to decide what He does with me, at each moment, and seek Him to judge what to do and correct and guide me. And care about any and all others, in prayer for anyone and everyone. Jesus wants us to love any and all people. And He says to pray; so He knows prayer works. And if anyone or anything tells you otherwise, that is not Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faith over Fear

Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
True. Little good has come from Facebook and tiktok compared to harm and negative impact it has had on the psyche of mankind.

Nevertheless, don't compare yourself to others. However tempting and easy it might be. I've known christians that I thought were very holy and blessed and I felt as nothing to them... until a spotlight revealed something disturbing going on in the personal life which I would never think to do.

Don't judge on appearances. And, even if the person you compare yourself to is truly holy and blessed, use that as an impetus to drive on. If you go to a gym on day one and seem muscle bound people there should you think "I'm not like them I don't belong!". Or if you go on holiday to a beach far away and everyone has a sun tan yet your super white and pale, should you keep your clothes on and think "everyone's better than me, I am not tanned like them at all"?

You do you. Walk righteously, according to God's Law. Harbour no hatred or unforgiveness. Help the needy, bless those who you can, respect His position as Father and Creator and you'll do well. And if it seems those on your right are doing "so much better" and those on your left "doing far worse" - veer never to either side and keep walking your path.

Right now it sounds like you are building experience for days to come when you may be needed to minister or give support. So listen carefully for lessons you are being taught about yourself and your behaviour and be eager to grow from this so that you don't have to do the lesson again.

Psalm 42.
So true……..You are right.

I’m definitely going through a learning process.

Thank you so much..

Reactions: TzephanYahu
Upvote 0