heatedmonk

Salvations Math: 3 Nails + 1 Cross= 4 Given
Sep 20, 2015
✟2,498.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Well start doubting. Mom had all recommended vaccinations and still gets an annual flu vaccine. Already in her 90s.

Living in isolation has some huge advantages when it comes to disease, we generally catch things from other people, just as other animals generally catch diseases from other individuals of their species.

Oh and quite a few of those backwoods people actually die before they reach their 5th birthday, we just forget about it cuz they are not there to see.
I believe you missed my prior statement.I said children born today would likely not see the 90's that you say your beloved mother currently enjoys.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

heatedmonk

Sep 20, 2015
✟2,498.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I know people like that too, most of them were African-Americans. The thing is that often half of their brothers and sisters were dead before they had the chance to grow up. And they lost half of their children as well.
The people I was referring to and that I know through family line were mountain people and white. And infant mortality is not a thing of the past even in the 21st century for any race today.

You realize that our life-expectancy is much higher today than it was in the days before vaccinations?
Of course I do. That doesn't dismiss people living to be 105, 86, 94 as in the case of an aunt.
And those vaccinations today don't guarantee newborns not to die of SIDS. Nor are American's as likely to be aware that some countries stopped early age infant vaccination regimens and realized a reduction in SIDS infant mortality rates. And not surprising when the newborns immune system isn't fully ready to deal with the world they just entered. Much less with dose after dose after dose of antibodies injected into what isn't fully ready and able to cope with the influx.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

heatedmonk

Sep 20, 2015
✟2,498.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
i thought i had responded but i can't see my post anywhere ^_^

i was listening to the radio a couple weeks ago and a Dr of biology or some kind of vaccinations expert said that we are weakening ourselves and our immune system. He said that children no longer play in the dirt making mud pies, and walking barefoot, etc. which builds their immune systems. He said that society now is phobic about dirt, and organisms, and as a result, our immune systems are not very strong and we get sick much easier.

i was surprised, but he had a point.
He did indeed.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

heatedmonk

Sep 20, 2015
✟2,498.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe God ever said that.
It would behoove you to read a bit of the Bible or a Bible site before joining a Christian discussion community forum so as to realize you are wrong. God did tell us that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Of course I do. That doesn't dismiss people living to be 105, 86, 94 as in the case of an aunt.
And those vaccinations today don't guarantee newborns not to die of SIDS. Nor are American's as likely to be aware that some countries stopped early age infant vaccination regimens and realized a reduction in SIDS infant mortality rates.

SIDS deaths were most common among babies born to women who were black or Native American, had low levels of education, were younger than 20, were unmarried, had five or more previous births, smoked, or drank alcohol. SIDS rates were also higher for baby boys, premature babies, and infants born small for their gestational age. There is no evidence of a link between SIDS and vaccination. What has caused SIDS to decline is having babies sleep on their backs rather than their stomachs. Also sleeping close to their mothers helps because a baby will naturally breath in unison with its mother.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I believe you missed my prior statement.I said children born today would likely not see the 90's that you say your beloved mother currently enjoys.

A safe claim to make as that would mean anyone who could call you on it has to wait 90 years and make it well past 100.

You are dead wrong however and we will see the tread to longer average ages continue.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
It would behoove you to read a bit of the Bible or a Bible site before joining a Christian discussion community forum so as to realize you are wrong. God did tell us that.

I have read the Bible, more than once in fact. I never saw anything in the Bible that indicated that God wrote Genesis.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single

More of them will likely reach ninety than those of his mother's generation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have read the Bible, more than once in fact. I never saw anything in the Bible that indicated that God wrote Genesis.

Moses wrote Genesis, Jesus even said Moses wrote of him even as he said the Father bear witness of him

For example, the word of Moses

Mark 7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

Making that void was as...

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

As the LORD said.

Exodus 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Exodus 4:12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Moses wrote Genesis, Jesus even said Moses wrote of him even as he said the Father bear witness of him

For example, the word of Moses

Mark 7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

Making that void was as...

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

As the LORD said.

Exodus 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Exodus 4:12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Same here.

John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

John 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? (See also Acts 7:37)

Which is found here

Duet 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee (Moses), and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

John 12:39 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 15:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

And again, referring to the past

And how he does so by Christ

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
More of them will likely reach ninety than those of his mother's generation.

Just for the record my both my mother and my maternal grandmother made it to 90.

It is 90% plus that if everything that happened with grandmother happened 10 years earlier she would have died well short of 90. he broke her hip in her 70s or 80s. She had surgery, plates and screws. 10 years earlier the treatment was a full body cast. There is a 90% plus chance of someone her age dying of pneumonia when in a full body cast.

Mom was in an automobile accident a bit before 90. Broken ankles and neck (not displaced, miserable but not dangerous unless some idiot had tried to rescue her). That is what seemed important at the time, but I wonder. The ER staff pretty much ignored those at first, worrying about a nick on her spleen. I saw a bit and they now have a device that pretty much forces blood in much faster than the drip systems one sees in the movies. I wonder how old that technology is and if mom would have survived without it.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
People will fight for the homeless man to get his dog back, but I wonder how many will fight for the homeless man to get a home? I guess a dog and free legal advice is easier.
Hey sure! Lets you and me get a group of people together, we'll find a few homeless find the nearest house and physically throw people out and give their house to the homeless.

What are you even talking about?

Upvote 0