Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I feel so bad for the guy..and his dog. I've always had dogs. They r wonderful companions, talk about unconditional love! It's true its not a human companion, but all dog lovers know what I'm talking about. This poor guy has basically nothing and I agree be probably would feed the dog before himself or for sure share with the dog. Taking that puppy was just one more disappointment and loss he didn't need that. I get in the flesh about this if I'm not careful.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Romani Gypsies were as big a target of the Holocaust as were Jews. There were just fewer of them.

Actually that would make them a smaller target, but targeted just as much.

BTW According to Wiki the term Gypsy seems to have started in the middle ages because they were (wrongly) thought to have been from Egypt. The story went that they were exiled for hiding baby Jesus.

The English term Gypsy (or Gipsy) originates from the Middle English gypcian, short for Egipcien. It is ultimately derived from the Greek Αἰγύπτιοι (Aigyptioi), meaning Egyptian, via Middle French and Latin. This designation owes its existence to the belief, common in the Middle Ages, that the Romani, or some related group (such as the middle eastern Dom people), were itinerant Egyptians.[59][60] According to one narrative they were exiled from Egypt as punishment for allegedly harbouring the infant Jesus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_Jesus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Except you said that "People will fight for the homeless man to get his dog back, but I wonder how many will fight for the homeless man to get a home? I guess a dog and free legal advice is easier."

How are we supposed to fight? Has anybody stated that they weren't concerned that the man was homeless? Of course people are talking about getting the man his dog back, that's the subject of the thread.

No, you're right. I don't know how people are supposed to fight more. We don't know the guy's situation. I work in Admin for social services and trust me, we try to help a lot of people but it doesn't always work out. Not all are homeless because of lack of help - some are, but a lot aren't. People assume this but it's not always true.

Upvote 0