Puppy taken from homeless man by animal rights activists

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,344.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-homeless-man-by-animal-rights-activists.html

A video of animal rights activists snatching a puppy off an apparently distraught homeless man in Paris has caused widespread outrage in France.

An alleged representative of Cause Animal Nord, an animal rights group based in Lille, northern France, can be seen wrestling the beggar to the ground while a woman attempts to snatch the dog. The man then wails and tries to stop them.

A third man then grabs the animal and turns tail as the homeless owner gives chase down the busy street near Châtelet, central Paris. The woman harangues stunned onlookers shouting: "It's forbidden by the law!"

To ad insult to injury, they put the dog up for adoption for 195€ on the next day, renaming him "Vegan".

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There's a C.S. Lewis quote that was more of a commentary on government, but I think it works here regarding people like this (especially if they use the law to do what they do).

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,007.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,007.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So an animal stolen, and the stolen animal advertised, should be an open and shut case, though the homeless man is unlikely to register a police complaint.
I was going to put stolen goods advertised, but animals are more than that.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So is it fair to state that this group is the French equivalent to the "Animal Liberation Front" that operates here in the US?

There doesn't seem to be a middle ground in terms of animal rights groups like that...they're either sponsoring arsonists (Like PETA does...search: Rod Coranado), or they're firebombing medical research facilities.

My stance has always been, as long as there are hungry people, and oppressed people on this planet...nobody should be expecting others to give money to "save the puppies & kittens"

This news story just solidifies my, already existing, stance on "Animal Rights" groups.

"They'll get my steak when they take it from my cold dead hands" ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They are like the ALF, except that their leader also is a racist and hates roma.

I must say, that is a bit peculiar...staunch animal rights, and vehement racism...typically those two thing are located on the polar opposite ends of the political spectrum. It'd be like if someone was a member of the KKK and PETA lol...it just sounds odd.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why would it? Even Hitler had a dog.

In the context of the US, typically you'd associate PETA/ALF with the radical left, and race-based hate groups with the radical right.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Scum. Rather glad I was not there. I don't think I could have remained uninvolved. I would not be gentle when a dog is wrongly separated from his person.

Oh, and theft and assault is illegal and I hope it is prosecuted.
Yeah, I'm one of the last people who would want to jump into a fight, but this would be too heartbreaking to watch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,245.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I'm one of the last people who would want to jump into a fight, but this would be too heartbreaking to watch.

I've had the bond a human can have with a dog. Anyone who tried to break that bond by kidnaping either of mine from their people would not have fared well. And I'm well aware that for someone homeless that bond is far more important, often their dog is the only one they can completely trust. One thing I've noticed is that every dog with a homeless person here in Los Angeles has been well fed. I think perhaps some would feed the dog before themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
In the context of the US, typically you'd associate PETA/ALF with the radical left, and race-based hate groups with the radical right.
Maybe not. ..take Gary Yourofsky for instance, his views and comments on Palestinians come across to me as pretty racist, and make me shy away from his other advocacy, despite being a long time ethical vegan myself.

That being said, I don't in any way condone this action. Most vegans/animal activists are fine with having companion animals and would never take one away from someone (unless perhaps it was being abused which wasn't the case here)

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,245.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Animal rights activist tend to care more about a dog then they do other people.

Worse in my mind. They care more about their doctrine about animals than the animals.

In this case it seems the doctrine was a homeless person was by definition unfit to have a dog. I've found this untrue, the homeless usually care more about their companions than the rest of us. (Which is scary considering how much I cared about mine and how much they cared about their humans).

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've had the bond a human can have with a dog. Anyone who tried to break that bond by kidnaping either of mine form their people would not have fared well. And I'm well aware that for someone homeless that bond is far more important, often their dog is the only one they can completely trust. One think I've noticed is that every dog with a homeless person here in Los Angeles has been well fed. I think perhaps some would feed the dog before themselves.
Reminds me of this guy:

homeless-man-with-dog.jpg

The story behind this is as heartbreaking as it is beautiful:

http://iheartdogs.com/this-homeless-man-and-his-best-friend-did-life-together-until-that-day/

The dog saved his life in more ways than one.

Upvote 0