RosemaryChildAtHeart

Mar 9, 2007
✟8,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello friends!

I know that there are a lot of prayer requests, and mine may be insignificant, and I know I have posted similar requests but I really do appreciate the support I receive from my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I did not want pride or shyness to hinder me in asking for help in God's community for help.

I always experience anxiety, nervousness, I put myself down, and I have thoughts of failing whenever an assignment or exam is nearing. This hinders me from getting a head start and then I'm left procrastinating because of these fears and insecurities. I seem to always feel that I am not equipped to handle the assignment - I underestimate my intellect.

I fail to realize that I dont need to have this burden - I should leave this burden with the Lord, and in His hands, where it is safe and where it belongs. I need to show the problem how big my God is, not how big my problem is to the Lord.

I have an philosophy assignment on ethics in heatlhcare in terms of genetic testing and an music exam friday, where 5 random music samples out of 16 music sample we covered this term will be played and we have to write the title, genre, instruments, context of the music, and 2 facts or features. I beseach you Lord to help me and I recite this prayer from St,Thomas Aquinas:

Creator of all things,
true source of light and wisdom,
origin of all being,
graciously let a ray of your light penetrate
the darkness of my understanding.
Take from me the double darkness
in which I have been born,
an obscurity of sin and ignorance.
Give me a keen understanding,
a retentive memory, and
the ability to grasp things
correctly and fundamentally.
Grant me the talent
of being exact in my explanations
and the ability to express myself
with thoroughness and charm.
Point out the beginning,
direct the progress,
and help in the completion.
I ask this through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Lord, please hear my prayer and my plee for help and guidance. I need You. I cannot go through the life and tribulations alone. Please help me not to listen to satans discouraging words. I know you made me capable and ready for all the challenges in life and that You will never forsake me. Please facilitate the working process tonight and tomorrow to get these school assignments done completely and well as You intended. :prayer:

Thank you all for your prayer and support. I also have another prayer request - tomorrow is my mothers birthday and she died last year :( It will be a hard day for me. Please ask the Lord for his strength and support through this hard day. I know she is in a better place and I now have her as an angel.

Thank you so much friends for reading this and keeping me in your prayer and thoughts. :groupray:

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What a beautiful prayer/post. I am sorry about the loss of your mother, but you are right, she is your angel looking out for you. I will join you in prayer.

Heavenly Father, thank you for joining us in prayer and for all of your blessings. In Jesus name I pray that you bless our sister with confidence, wisdom and a clear mind during her tests. Give her strength on the anniversary of her mom's death and help her to focus on the happy memories with her mom. Thank you for this and for all you do. All glory and honor are yours, Amen!

Upvote 0

RosemaryChildAtHeart

Mar 9, 2007
✟8,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you all for your prayers and support! It really warms my heart and spirit to know the support I have from God's community and for the healing power that can come from prayer.
Since yesterday, I prayed to the Lord for help and I cried hysterically because I missed my mother and prayer in front of my Jesus statue and told the Lord all my problems, through the suffering of emotional pain, I was able to find a light and the holy spirit came over me and helped me to calm down, and ever since I have been working diligently. Today has been a peaceful day, despite teh chaos of my mothers birthdya and schooling. Even a person told me I looked calm today, compared to yesterday.
I am almost done my essay, I am on the conclusion and I have been studying between music and writing my essay. God showed himself to me through the changed circumstances in my life. I am greatful to the Lord for always forgiving and loving and never forsaking. I know now that it is me who forsakes the Lord, and that He is always waiting with open arms and wants us to come to Him with ours problems. I entrust that the Lord will make everything alright, even when it seems it isnt alright, the rainbow will come after the storm (even though this sounds a bit corny - its true! remember Noahs ark?). I will see my mother one day, until then I have to pass the moral test on earth.

thankyou once again friends :hug:

I pray for continued support from the Lord in completion of studying and this assignment and the emotional healing from teh loss of my mother.

Amen

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Amen and Amen! Glory to God for hearing and answering our prayers. I pray for your continued guidance, love, comfort and peace in our sister's life. All glory and honor are yours Father, Amen!

Blessed be God, even the Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comeforteth us in all our tribulation, that we be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. II Corinthians 1:3, 4:pray:

Upvote 0