A prayer for peace, but more than just peace, for Israel.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,389.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Bible tells us to pray for the peace of Israel. So I do include that prayer along with my other daily prayers.

But what else does the Bible say? It says that if the Lord does not guard the city, the watchmen watch in vain. What causes the Lord to guard the city? Obedience to him.

I am sorry, but the truth is that Israel, like the United States, and so many nations around the world, does not live in the state of obedience.

Israel has become increasingly secular, even pagan in many ways, in its practices and beliefs.

I think the biggest prayer we can pray for Israel is for repentance. (Likewise for our own nation.)

2 Chronicles 7:14, “…if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

In the meantime, may we be praying for innocent people, for holy angels to help them in every way.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are horrific crimes committed against men, women and children every day all over the world - even in communist and atheist countries. We pray against crime, sin, violence, the slaughter of the innocent in their beds etc.

The OP also indicates that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God -- and also the Israel and the U.S. increasingly separate themselves from the source of their strong defense - the more that rebellion against the Word of God becomes national policy.

I pray for righteousness, peace and the soon appearing of Christ.

Upvote 0

ChurchBuilder

One Love. One World Family.
Oct 7, 2023
Central FL
✟10,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are horrific crimes committed against men, women and children every day all over the world - even in communist and atheist countries. We pray against crime, sin, violence, the slaughter of the innocent in their beds etc.

The OP also indicates that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God -- and also the Israel and the U.S. increasingly separate themselves from the source of their strong defense - the more that rebellion against the Word of God becomes national policy.

If you look at the entire history of the matter as per the UN timeline, you will see that israeli government has acted Not in defense, but is in fact the initiator of violence. Please take note that the UN, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch all have documented and reported the utter despair and violence that the israeli government has forced upon Palestinians.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Amen.

Reactions: ChurchBuilder
Upvote 0