Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,389.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Following the directions in the Bible, that is the way to have peace. Weapons may have their place, but the Almighty rules.

The Bible tells us to pray for the peace of Israel. So I do include that prayer along with my other daily prayers.

But what else does the Bible say? It says that if the Lord does not guard the city, the watchmen watch in vain. What causes the Lord to guard the city? Obedience to him.

I am sorry, but the truth is that Israel, like the United States, and so many nations around the world, does not live in the state of obedience.

Think about all the babies that have been killed in abortuaries, the LGBT movement making great headways, drug use and inappropriate content being rampant.

Mentioning such unpleasant topics may cause my post to be deleted. I hope not. I’m only affirming what the Bible shows. That the Almighty hates all those kinds of things, and will punish a nation eventually who supports them.

Israel has become increasingly secular, even pagan in many ways, in its practices and beliefs. For example the nightclub that was attacked in Gaza was featuring an image of Buddha.

I think the biggest prayer we can pray for Israel is for repentance. (Likewise for our own nation.)

2 Chronicles 7:14, “…if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

In the meantime, I’ve been praying for innocent people, for holy angels to help them in every way.

My prayers for innocent people include any innocent people in Gaza. Even their needed animals. If Israel allows little babies to die of thirst and hunger and disease, will the world think they are any different from Hamas?

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,389.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
From my reading of the Bible, I do not see that the Jews are anymore the people of the Creator, than say believing Christians, and those who have not yet come to believe, but will do so later.

The chosen people, yes. But chosen for what? Abraham was told that his people would be a blessing to all nations. First that indicates that the heavenly father loves all nations. That we are all his.

Second, we see that Israel has been a blessing to all nations through their spread of his truths in the Torah. Especially early on in their history. Not that much later.

But! they have often, and generally, ignored Gentiles and Christians in general, or even abused them. For example as in the case of messianic Jews who are in Israel and are being harassed by ultra conservative Jews.

Yes, of course, I know that the Jews have also been persecuted. But I am just saying that such instances of believers being abused certainly doesn’t fulfill what the Lord had in mind when he said Abrahams descendants would bless the whole world.

I don’t feel I am any less one of the Father’s people than any Jew, even a Messianic Jew. And I think the Jews need to be fulfilling the directive given to them by the Lord. Through Abraham. Just as we all need to be doing that.

Upvote 0