Our biological evidence for the Sabbath.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
True like thew Moon is made of green cheese. Regarding the validity of the argument, it is logically invalid.
I am pretty flabbergasted that you deny a site as authoritative as PubMed. It's actually really well known that we have rhythms based on the full moons and the 7 day week. I have a lot of other links to verify this. Want to see them?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is a quote from a scientific article,

Mammalian pineal gland: 7-Day Rhythmic Activity In their
researchon rats at London University in 1975, Vollrath, et al. [1]
confirmed the fact that the mammalian Pineal Gland undergoes
prominent circadian changes in function, which are quite dependent
on environmental lighting conditions. They reported that there are
indications which suggest that the Pineal Gland of rats kept in their
laboratories exhibited in addition to 24 hour cycles, characteristic
7-day cycles. It was unclear to them whether the rhythms were
caused by internal or external factors and whether the rhythm was
just a peculiarity of rats kept under environmental conditions of
their laboratory. The finding that concerns us for the purposes of this
discussion however, is that HIOMT enzyme activity under natural
lighting conditions was HIGHEST on Saturdays and lowest on
Thursdays; the Thursday values being six times lower than those on
Saturdays. A gradual decrease in enzyme activity was noted between
Saturdays and Thursdays. A striking increase occurred between
Fridays and Saturdays.

• Informative
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a quote from a scientific article,

Mammalian pineal gland: 7-Day Rhythmic Activity In their
researchon rats at London University in 1975, Vollrath, et al. [1]
confirmed the fact that the mammalian Pineal Gland undergoes
prominent circadian changes in function, which are quite dependent
on environmental lighting conditions. They reported that there are
indications which suggest that the Pineal Gland of rats kept in their
laboratories exhibited in addition to 24 hour cycles, characteristic
7-day cycles. It was unclear to them whether the rhythms were
caused by internal or external factors and whether the rhythm was
just a peculiarity of rats kept under environmental conditions of
their laboratory. The finding that concerns us for the purposes of this
discussion however, is that HIOMT enzyme activity under natural
lighting conditions was HIGHEST on Saturdays and lowest on
Thursdays; the Thursday values being six times lower than those on
Saturdays. A gradual decrease in enzyme activity was noted between
Saturdays and Thursdays. A striking increase occurred between
Fridays and Saturdays.

Funny that you refuse to listen to science when it comes to how old the Earth is, but you flaunt junk like the above article as proof of
sabbath before it was given to Israel. Is your theory supposed to prove rats keep sabbath? How funny!

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Funny that you refuse to listen to science when it comes to how old the Earth is, but you flaunt junk like the above article as proof of
sabbath before it was given to Israel. Is your theory supposed to prove rats keep sabbath? How funny!
So because I accept the word of God as infallible I'm an idiot. OK. Have it your way.

Now I understand why you left the Adventist church as we still hold to the infallibility of the Bible. I'm sorry you have drifted so far away from truth.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So because I accept the word of God as infallible I'm an idiot. OK. Have it your way.

Now I understand why you left the Adventist church as we still hold to the infallibility of the Bible. I'm sorry you have drifted so far away from truth.
Truth!!! Ellen White's fallible writings that have influenced you and your church is well noted. I left that masquerade because I dared to open my Bible and study the real truth. You can too. It is a wonderful fulfilling experience to get out of the hierarchy that has mesmerized so many otherwise good people. Remove your EGW glasses and join the millions that have left half truths for the real light of the true Gospel.

1Jn3:19-24 19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Eph2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,

You and deny those verses because they are diametrically opposed to the teachings of Adventism. The teachings you hold so dear are keeping you from knowing the simple plan of salvation, the Best News ever written. Jews are free of the Law in Christ. Gentiles never were under the Law and by both accepting the Good News of salvation through Jesus, both can be saved. Jesus sent Paul and the other Bible writers to spread the Good News. -++

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Truth!!! Ellen White's fallible writings that have influenced you and your church is well noted. I left that masquerade because I dared to open my Bible and study the real truth. You can too. It is a wonderful fulfilling experience to get out of the hierarchy that has mesmerized so many otherwise good people. Remove your EGW glasses and join the millions that have left half truths for the real light of the true Gospel.

1Jn3:19-24 19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Eph2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,

You and deny those verses because they are diametrically opposed to the teachings of Adventism. The teachings you hold so dear are keeping you from knowing the simple plan of salvation, the Best News ever written. Jews are free of the Law in Christ. Gentiles never were under the Law and by both accepting the Good News of salvation through Jesus, both can be saved. Jesus sent Paul and the other Bible writers to spread the Good News. -++
So creation is false because Ellen White believed in it? And the Bible isn't infallible because Ellen White believed it is?

BTW, I'm an Adventist because her writings caused me to understand that God actually loves me for the first time in my life The guy who was despised by his entire immediate family. I spent my childhood years being bullied by my parents and older brother. My older brother is very manipulative and he would manipulate my parents into always believing the worst of me. He tried to murder me in the eighth grade because he had sexually molested me and thought I would tell my parents what he'd done. He'd forgotten about his own actions 4 years earlier when he'd gotten my old man to scream and yell at me and tell me that everything bad that happened to our family was my fault, and my fault alone, for something he'd bullied me into doing. It was so common place in his eyes it was no big deal so he forgot I wasn't about to be screamed and yelled at for causing him to molest me.

So to finally understand the love of God changed the entire course of my life. The Desire of Ages made a huge difference in me.

You can object to and misapply her writings all you want but she taught truth, and nothing but truth. Her writings have had a big influence in my life in changing me from a completely self destructive person into a dedicated Christian who loves God with all his heart, soul, and might.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remove your EGW glasses and join the millions that have left half truths for the real light of the true Gospel...
Eph2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,
Undoubtedly EGW had a back and forth way with words, but make no mistake, we're all born under the law, "God sent forth His Son to redeem those who were under the law..." Gal 4:4-6

EGW:
Without the cross, man could have no connection with the Father.
Through the cross, man has reached the highest place to which man can attain. The light of the knowledge of the glory of God is revealed in the face of Jesus Christ; and the words of are spoken: Live, your repentance is accepted; for I have found a ransom. {5BC 1133.1}
Through the cross we learn that our heavenly Father loves us with an infinite and everlasting love,...{5BC 1133.1}
In the rainbow above the throne is an everlasting testimony that “God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish....” Whenever the law is presented before the people, let the teacher of truth point to the throne arched with the rainbow of promise, the righteousness of Christ. The glory of the law is Christ; {5BC 1133.5}

To present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, Col 1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Undoubtedly EGW had a back and forth way with words, but make no mistake, we're all born under the law, "God sent forth His Son to redeem those who were under the law..." Gal 4:4-6

EGW:
Without the cross, man could have no connection with the Father.
Through the cross, man has reached the highest place to which man can attain. The light of the knowledge of the glory of God is revealed in the face of Jesus Christ; and the words of are spoken: Live, your repentance is accepted; for I have found a ransom. {5BC 1133.1}
Through the cross we learn that our heavenly Father loves us with an infinite and everlasting love,...{5BC 1133.1}
In the rainbow above the throne is an everlasting testimony that “God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish....” Whenever the law is presented before the people, let the teacher of truth point to the throne arched with the rainbow of promise, the righteousness of Christ. The glory of the law is Christ; {5BC 1133.5}

To present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, Col 1
Jesus came to save Israel and Judah. The remainder of all mankind were never under the "Law". In Gal 4 Paul was referring totally to the Jews.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus came to save Israel and Judah. The remainder of all mankind were never under the "Law". In Gal 4 Paul was referring totally to the Jews.
Then why do you call yourself a Christian if Jesus only came to the nations of Israel and Judah? According to your own words He isn't your Savior.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So creation is false because Ellen White believed in it? And the Bible isn't infallible because Ellen White believed it is?
Is that what I wrote? How about getting real Gary.
BTW, I'm an Adventist because her writings caused me to understand that God actually loves me for the first time in my life
I am a Christian because I found the plan of Salvation in my Bible. Adventism is some truth and a lot of error. Do you really believe Ellen over what scripture tells us. Will you really have to stand alone without Jesus as your mediator? Jesus tells us He will be with us always, Ellen said He won't.
The guy who was despised by his entire immediate family. I spent my childhood years being bullied by my parents and older brother. My older brother is very manipulative and he would manipulate my parents into always believing the worst of me. He tried to murder me in the eighth grade because he had sexually molested me and thought I would tell my parents what he'd done. He'd forgotten about his own actions 4 years earlier when he'd gotten my old man to scream and yell at me and tell me that everything bad that happened to our family was my fault, and my fault alone, for something he'd bullied me into doing. It was so common place in his eyes it was no big deal so he forgot I wasn't about to be screamed and yelled at for causing him to molest me.

So to finally understand the love of God changed the entire course of my life. The Desire of Ages made a huge difference in me.

You can object to and misapply her writings all you want but she taught truth, and nothing but truth. Her writings have had a big influence in my life in changing me from a completely self destructive person into a dedicated Christian who loves God with all his heart, soul, and might.
I am so sorry you had to experience such a horrible young life Gary and I praise the Lord you found Jesus and His healing power. You may truly believe all that Ellen White wrote and all I can do is relate my experience with her writings and compare them with scripture. I left the Adventist church after 40 years because instead of believing what Ellen wrote I started studying scripture.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is that what I wrote? How about getting real Gary.

I am a Christian because I found the plan of Salvation in my Bible. Adventism is some truth and a lot of error. Do you really believe Ellen over what scripture tells us. Will you really have to stand alone without Jesus as your mediator? Jesus tells us He will be with us always, Ellen said He won't.

I am so sorry you had to experience such a horrible young life Gary and I praise the Lord you found Jesus and His healing power. You may truly believe all that Ellen White wrote and all I can do is relate my experience with her writings and compare them with scripture. I left the Adventist church after 40 years because instead of believing what Ellen wrote I started studying scripture.
I know those aren't your words but you implied it very strongly since you are now an evolutionist and as a result cannot believe the Bible is infallible. The way you despise Ellen White strongly implies it is her fault.

The Adventist church rejected righteousness by faith back in 1888. When that happens the only thing left is legalism if a person is religious. So you and I both grew up in a legalistic church. There are still a lot of legalists left as foretold in Revelation.

Revelation 3: 14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Legalists are the lukewarm people God is going to shake out of the church. He can work with and save those who have backslidden and out of the church or who are on fire for Jesus, fully committed to Him.

The choice is yours to make.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For we maintain that we're justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Or is He the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. Romans 3:28-30

So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?”
When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So God granted the non-Jewish people also to turn to him and live." Acts 11:17-18

Because they considered and turned away from iniquity, they shall surely live; they shall not die. Ezekiel 18:28

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For we maintain that we're justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Or is He the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. Romans 3:28-30

So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?”
When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So God granted the non-Jewish people also to turn to him and live." Acts 11:17-18

Because they considered and turned away from iniquity, they shall surely live; they shall not die. Ezekiel 18:28
That was not an answer to my statement. Israelites were not saved because of their works as is no one. Abraham was saved because he believed and had faith. I believe the following makes everything clear. Eph2:
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations.
His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was not an answer to my statement.
The answer is that in Christ there is no distinction between Jew and Gentile.
God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Acts 15:8-9
Israelites were not saved because of their works as is no one.
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. Rom 10:12
Abraham was saved because he believed and had faith.
Being fully assured that God had the power to do what He had promised. So that’s why “he was accepted as one who is right with God.
It was also written for us, since we are also accepted because of our faith in God, who raised our Lord Jesus to life. Rom 4:21-25
I believe the following makes everything clear. Eph2:
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,
Clear as day.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God created us with seven day biological rhythms. These are irrefutable evidence of creation and our need of the Sabbath.

Seven-day human biological rhythms: An expedition in search of their origin, synchronization, functional advantage, adaptive value and clinical relevance - PubMed
Hey Gary, thanks for sharing the article. It is interesting that the article brings out this rhythm is seen in all life. Which stands to reason why God mentioned even giving our livestock rest on the Seventh Day Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey Gary, thanks for sharing the article. It is interesting that the article brings out this rhythm is seen in all life. Which stands to reason why God mentioned even giving our livestock rest on the Seventh Day Sabbath.
You're welcome. I thought it was really interesting.

Upvote 0