One problem (among many) of a worldwide flood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

In Christ Forever

Hi all,
I have read and studied Genesis and what is fascinating to me anyway, is that it appears God created the heaven and earth on/in the World. Another words, earth appears to be used for Israel or Jerusalem in the OT, and revelation shows a new heaven and earth as a New Jerusalem.
Revelation appears to follow the OT (look at the 7 random churches where the first one is Tree of Life(Eden), second death (adam), hidden manna (exodus) etc,
Revelation is a fascinating book to study, not for eschatology reasons, but to compare it with the OT. The OT was before the Holy Spirit dwelling with all of God's people, the NT is the Holy SPirit dwelling with us thru the shed blood of Jesus.
12 tribes are mentioned, wilderness, frogs, etc and it appears to be a type of Egypt/Pharoah and Jerusalem/Babylon. The 2 beast appear to resemble a "type" of 2 nations to me.
Here is an interesting verse I found and only one place in the bible is 5 months (150 days) mentioned, the "Flood of Noah"!!! Any views?

This would appear to indicate "extreme famine" as the "locust" do not destroy the food, but keep people from it!!! [as in a siege of sorts] and this "flood" would indicate a destruction of a "heaven and earth" in a way I believe.
All devine and spiritually symbolic of course but fascinating!

revel 9:4They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 And they were not given [authority] to kill them, but to torment them [for] five months. Their torment [was] like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man.

gen 7:12 And the rain was on the earth forty days and forty nights. 24 And the waters prevailed on the earth one hundred and fifty days.

1 corin 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know [them,] because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is [rightly] judged by no one. 16 For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.