Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biblehub:
Before 2500 BC, The Great Flood, Genesis 7

Centuries later in China, the Great Flood of Gun-Yu:
According to mythological and historical sources, it is traditionally dated to the third millennium BCE, or about 2300-2200 BCE, during the reign of Emperor Yao.
However, archaeological evidence of an outburst flood at Jishi Gorge on the Yellow River, comparable to similar severe events in the world in the past 10,000 years, has been dated to about 1920 BCE.

They were two different floods.

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Biblehub:

Centuries later in China, the Great Flood of Gun-Yu:

They were two different floods.
According to a book I read from the Evangelical Library in London, the earliest chinese dynasty who had writing was the Shang dynasty. It mentioned a great flood and said that the god who rebuilt the earth was called Nu Wah. Looks much like Noah.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to a book I read from the Evangelical Library in London, the earliest chinese dynasty who had writing was the Shang dynasty. It mentioned a great flood and said that the god who rebuilt the earth was called Nu Wah. Looks much like Noah.
reference?

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
reference?
I can't remember the name of the book, but as I said it is in the Evangelical Library in London. When I worked in London I used to spend many of my lunch hours there. When I joined I asked how many books I could take out at a time and the Librarian said "As many as you can stagger away with." I retired 25 years ago and I have not been there since.

Upvote 0