Report: Hamas calls for global Jihad, invasion of Israel, attack Jews worldwide on Oct. 13

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟271,130.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I've just heard of this wickedness, brethren, shall we pray??

A leader and founding member of Hamas, Khalid Mashal, reportedly called for a global Jihad on Tuesday, asking Muslims around the world to target the people of Israel on Friday, Oct. 13.

Video of Mashal’s reported call to violence was posted on YouTube and remains up on the platform as of Wednesday at 10 a.m.

According to a translation and analysis of the video by author Brother Rachid, Mashal referred to his proposed day of anger as “the Friday of Al-Aqsa flood,” which will “send a message of rage to Zionists and to America.”

“The most important thing: He asked all Muslims around the world to carry Jihad by their souls; to fight and be martyrs for Al-Aqsa. He wants Muslims to fight against the Jews, starting with Muslims who live in the countries surrounding Israel: Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt (but also other countries), to go to the borders and try to enter, each by his own means,” Rachid explained. “He said: This is the time for Jihad to be applied on the ground rather than just in theory. He asked the Mujahedeen to go in long caravans to spell their blood on the land of Palestine.”
I'm not here to defend the terrorist organization that is Hamas but it wasn't the leader who called for a day of global struggle, the utterances in question came from the former leader of Hamas. But more importantly the phrase "global jihad" isn't in any statement of his. Because he never said it. He said some other not so good things like calling for neighboring countries to take up arms. But he never called for a day of "global jihad".

That phrase came from right wing pundits who made it up in order to generate outrage and clicks for ad money. You can check the statement in post #2 and others sources but the thing that should tip you off is that there was no global jihad yesterday.

Of course something bad could have happened. Not because Hamas called for global terrorism but because unscrupulous commentators and news organizations lied about it. That fake news could have been received by sympathizers who were just waiting for a call to action and didn't wait around to fact check. And then something really bad could have happened.

There's good reason for the press to be really careful when amplifying calls for terrorism and they definitely should not be making them up.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then please tell us what you were referencing in your post, so we can be clear.
The amygdala is the part of the brain that responds to fear. The "Day of Jihad" was never going to happen so the breathless reporting on it was just to stir up or feed the fear in conservatives. If you need further clarification just ask.

I would like to know, however, what you meant by:
It's kind of disheartening isn't it to hear what those you support are actually saying isn't it. Makes it really hard to cover up.
Who, exactly, are you saying I support in this sentence?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe it's an accurate indicator of the Trump-cultist/Jew ratio here.

I think it's hilarious that anyone on the left would be mentioning "jew ratios" after the left wing outpouring if support for murdering innocent Israelis.

One has to wonder if the Jewish vote will still be interested in supporting the left after this.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So not global then?
That is all I found reported, also some skirmishes in the West Bank, there were a lot of events canceled globally and most were on their guard as well.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That is all I found reported, also some skirmishes in the West Bank,
That's hardly surprising. They are Palestinians after all.
there were a lot of events canceled globally and most were on their guard as well.
I think there's a lot of talk, but your average Muslim, even in the Middle East is like, "Yeah, I'd love to jihad, but my boss is expecting me in office at 8am on Saturday".

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know that reply was intended for another user, but I did touch it on another thread.

Palestinians have had some "beefs" with other nations in the Muslim world over the past 40 years. (Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria to name a few of the nations that ended up expelling Palestinians at various points in time)

In fact, there are rival factions of Palestinians within Gaza itself.

The PLO leadership back in the day (in the form of Arafat) didn't exactly do a great job of making friends in the Arab world.

Best way I can describe Arafat's persona back in the day would be use the analogy of saying he was like the Muslim Fred Phelps. The one who was so "out there" on some of the ideas and erratic, that even other staunch fundamentalists keep their distance for reasons of "yeah, we don't need to be associated with that kind of heat and bad PR, you go stand over there"
Maybe so, the Palestinian people continually support inept leaders? But if Arab countries opened their borders and allowed Palestinians to migrate and find work elsewhere the anger and frustration behind terrorism in Gaza could be bled away. Israel has to respond to these latest atrocities but the optics of liberating Gaza from terrorists are going to be used against them. They will be accused of genocide but the real issue is that the borders to countries where the Palestinians could flee are closed.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That phrase came from right wing pundits who made it up in order to generate outrage and clicks for ad money. You can check the statement in post #2 and others sources but the thing that should tip you off is that there was no global jihad yesterday.
Yes there was a global jihad October 13, 2023. A day of general mobilization around the world was one of the actions people were called to do!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the extent of a "global jihad" is limited to protests and demonstrations, I think I can live with that.
That’s true if that was the extent of it! But look how the protests are growing all over the world. Millions are coming out - one city might have 500,000 to a million people standing together at a time. There was a recent Emergency Arab-Islamic Summit with about 57 nations in attendance where further calls for actions were made throughout the world.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That’s true if that was the extent of it! But look how the protests are growing all over the world. Millions are coming out - one city might have 500,000 to a million people standing together at a time. There was a recent Emergency Arab-Islamic Summit with about 57 nations in attendance where further calls for actions were made throughout the world.
Maybe we should hear them out.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That’s true if that was the extent of it!
Sure sounds like that was the extent of it:
But look how the protests are growing all over the world. Millions are coming out - one city might have 500,000 to a million people standing together at a time. There was a recent Emergency Arab-Islamic Summit with about 57 nations in attendance where further calls for actions were made throughout the world.
Lots of people protesting and demonstrating is still just protests and demonstrations. People are permitted to have opinions and strong feelings about things.

Upvote 0