Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Having fun with the girls? Are you going to the Islamic heaven? And what museums, comedy shows, concerts?
All over the place there is entertainment and fun beyond anything you ever dreamed. Many stars are there, look how many were saved, like Elvis, etc. A little child shall lead them, it says for example in one place. Ever wonder where the child came from? We will still enjoy many of the things we enjoy right here. Like eating, I intend to savor food of many cultures there. I liook forward to meeting Mary Magdelene, and John, and Jesus, and Moses, and Noah, and Adam, etc etc. They are all there. Oh, yes, and Eve!

I can't imagine what kind of comedy would exist in a perfect, sinless exisxtence.
God has a sense of humor. So do we, we are still us there, you know, not some zombies.

Museums will all be destroyed, and the only concerts will be hymns.
Heavens no! The museums here may well be destroyed, thank God. But we will have the knowledge of the univers at our disposal, and exhibits that are the real thing. We can even travel through time, I believe, and peek at history the way it really happened, foprget the versions of the conquering countries, and man.

Science also won't exist since there is no reason to study the natural world in a perfect utopia.
The new state that is eternal will be the natural then. The original, created natural state I believe.

Of course, none of these ideas are Biblically supported so I'm not sure why you assume you'll be doing any of them.
Of course they are. I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to perform the things He spoke of.

Upvote 0

AngryWomble

Aug 13, 2006
✟15,702.00
Faith
Agnostic
Current belief is that the moon hit the earth 4.5 billion years ago. The spin of the earth is slowing down and the moon is moving away from the earth. So if you look back 4.5 billion years the moon and the earth would occupy the same space. In the beginning a day would have been 6 hours in length.

This is why the earth is tilted on its axis. Don't they teach this stuff in school? This is why we have seasons. As the cold from the north is trying to equalize with the heat from the equator. This clashing of hot and cold as the seasons change is what causes a lot of our weather.

Although John is actually kinda right i do think it would be nice for him to quote a source. I did have a lecture on it last year in a Geology module i was sitting in on as revision, however i don't have the time to hunt though my laptop to see if i downloaded the power point.

I can't speak for education in the states but i know in the UK teachers have to cram an aweful lot into lessons thanks to the National Curriculum, there might not always be enough time to do it though so it can be a bit of a race at times.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's aninteresting experience, i'm currently 'enjoying' it in another thread.

You mean something like:

"Beware; reading this post may result in a nigh on irrisistable urge to gouge your eyes out, stick pencils up your nostrils and some y-fronts on your head or have a home labotomy with whatever power tools you find at home. All posts made by this poster should be read with caution as they are still waiting for a double labotomy with a complimentary 10 rolls of padded wall paper thrown in, they queue is long but they have been marked as 'urgently in need'.'
Goodness, Angry, you have such a delicate flower way with words. I guess the lack of science you could bring to bear here is frustrating. I don't think it is that you think the bible means something else?
One interesting thought from the bible, is that before the universe was made, God already promised to someone, or ones, that we who were to be created here would have eternal life. Now, any Christians who are old agers out there, where was it that He made this important real promise? In the singularity? Ha. That is how ridiculous it is, it seems to me to correlate the bible with old age same past beliefs. Here is the old, 1-2.

Tit 1:2 - In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A place where we can fly, even the horses can fly.
What kind of a horse can fly in the PO present?

A Horsefly!

Happy.gif

Sometime I kill me.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Although John is actually kinda right i do think it would be nice for him to quote a source.
The keywords are the spindown rate of the earth and the receding rate of the moon. I am surprised they do not teach this stuff more in the schools. It is all very easy to learn. A fifth or sixth grader could even run the math on it themselves. It is worth looking into, because I did not give a lot of details on it.

Upvote 0

Cannonflare

Aug 15, 2006
✟15,336.00
Faith
Humanist
All over the place there is entertainment and fun beyond anything you ever dreamed. Many stars are there, look how many were saved, like Elvis, etc. A little child shall lead them, it says for example in one place. Ever wonder where the child came from? We will still enjoy many of the things we enjoy right here. Like eating, I intend to savor food of many cultures there. I liook forward to meeting Mary Magdelene, and John, and Jesus, and Moses, and Noah, and Adam, etc etc. They are all there. Oh, yes, and Eve!

God has a sense of humor. So do we, we are still us there, you know, not some zombies.

Heavens no! The museums here may well be destroyed, thank God. But we will have the knowledge of the univers at our disposal, and exhibits that are the real thing. We can even travel through time, I believe, and peek at history the way it really happened, foprget the versions of the conquering countries, and man.

The new state that is eternal will be the natural then. The original, created natural state I believe.

Of course they are. I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to perform the things He spoke of.

Dad, did you go to heven on a gas leak?:sleep:

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What kind of a horse can fly in the PO present?

A Horsefly!

Happy.gif

Sometime I kill me.
Yes, quite a difference there between mighty, majestic white war horses coming to take over the world by force from the sky, and the flies here here heading for their usual BS. Good comparison.

Re 19: 11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, ... 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. The lines are being drawn, and the final battle here to settle all things is at hand.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You have a problem with the new heavens? Or the eternal city that God lives in? Well, that is the kingdom, friend, that is to come, and His will be done. This is the gospel, the good news that we are to preach, the coming kingdom of God.
So, er, try to clue in here.

I have a problem with your conjecture.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, quite a difference there between mighty, majestic white war horses coming to take over the world by force from the sky, and the flies here here heading for their usual BS. Good comparison.

Flying horses! Sorry dad, the Greeks already did that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Flying horses! Sorry dad, the Greeks already did that
Seperating the men from the boys here, in idea terms, theirs was but a peek at the spiritual. Ours will be a thundering, unstoppable, army with eternal bodies, on a mission from God, from heaven direct, with simple rules of engagement. Take over the world, let nothing stop you.

Upvote 0

XTE

Jun 27, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟3,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Seperating the men from the boys here, in idea terms, theirs was but a peek at the spiritual. Ours will be a thundering, unstoppable, army with eternal bodies, on a mission from God, from heaven direct, with simple rules of engagement. Take over the world, let nothing stop you.

You have all of these wonderful, fanciful ideas of what life will be like and "oh, it's just gonna be so great when the post-rewards finally come" is what you say. Marvelous things are gonna happen and the whole world will be like me and it will all be so awesome worshipping a god forever and ever amen. Jesus will come back and render judgement on everyone that thinks differently than I do his love will show through that is what you say.

These are all very beautiful things to hear from oneself, but they say nothing of what is actually happening or going to happen. I can't see the future and prophecy is a farce to most 2nd graders because they know that any prophecy can be fulfilled given enough time and enough crazed(want it to happen) believers to chime it into the history books.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

Delusions of grandeur, dad. Don't forget the delusions of grandeur.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Delusions of grandeur, dad. Don't forget the delusions of grandeur.
Man's delusions of grandeur, I remember. God's realities of the spiritual, I do not confuse with that. The new heavens coming, you have nothing to say about. His kingdom come, you have nothing to say about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have all of these wonderful, fanciful ideas of what life will be like and "oh, it's just gonna be so great when the post-rewards finally come" is what you say. Marvelous things are gonna happen and the whole world will be like me and it will all be so awesome worshipping a god forever and ever amen. Jesus will come back and render judgement on everyone that thinks differently than I do his love will show through that is what you say.

These are all very beautiful things to hear from oneself, but they say nothing of what is actually happening or going to happen. I can't see the future and prophecy is a farce to most 2nd graders because they know that any prophecy can be fulfilled given enough time and enough crazed(want it to happen) believers to chime it into the history books.
That says little for what second graders are taught. But you do admit that you can't see the future. That is good. Of course you can't. Now, old agers, act like it! Cut the little horror tales to kids that the sun will burn out one day, and that galaxy will one day crash, etc. You have no idea what the state of creation will be like in the future. Science is just far too little.

Upvote 0

XTE

Jun 27, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟3,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
That says little for what second graders are taught. But you do admit that you can't see the future. That is good. Of course you can't. Now, old agers, act like it! Cut the little horror tales to kids that the sun will burn out one day, and that galaxy will one day crash, etc. You have no idea what the state of creation will be like in the future. Science is just far too little.
Dad, I was talking about Prophecy, compare the two:

Jesus will return one day, and...

this ball will roll downhill.

MARKED DIFFERENCE!

I can predict one and if you can't I would suggest living in fear that you'll be ran over in your livingroom!

The other, I just hope for and for that reason, it does play into your selfish interest. You want it, you strive for it and so it is.

With science, I might not like the result and that's a significant difference but it is reality based. Delusions.......not so much!

Upvote 0

AngryWomble

Aug 13, 2006
✟15,702.00
Faith
Agnostic
Goodness, Angry, you have such a delicate flower way with words. I guess the lack of science you could bring to bear here is frustrating. I don't think it is that you think the bible means something else?
One interesting thought from the bible, is that before the universe was made, God already promised to someone, or ones, that we who were to be created here would have eternal life. Now, any Christians who are old agers out there, where was it that He made this important real promise? In the singularity? Ha. That is how ridiculous it is, it seems to me to correlate the bible with old age same past beliefs. Here is the old, 1-2.

Tit 1:2 - In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

What's wrong? Can't you handle some humour? Oh and as for my being frustrated in relation to science it's only when my coping mechanisms related to my dyslexia arn't cutting it that i get a bit frustrated, aside from that and the evilmaths for simple harmonic motion i get on fine with science. I'm not the one making appeals to the authority of a book with a questionable source and history, the things i talk about can easily be double checked and verified. Speaking of which i forgot to mention in the other thread that i was working from a 4th edition of Holmes when i was giving you those chapters and it was edited by (Hilary-?) Duff, how's that reading going?

The keywords are the spindown rate of the earth and the receding rate of the moon. I am surprised they do not teach this stuff more in the schools. It is all very easy to learn. A fifth or sixth grader could even run the math on it themselves. It is worth looking into, because I did not give a lot of details on it.

Have you got a source you can give us? I'm going to guess that the reason why it's not covered in detail in schools is down to it being 'advanced' science, i'm surfe it gets a mention but it's been a while since i did my GCSE's.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dad, I was talking about Prophecy, compare the two:

Jesus will return one day, and...

this ball will roll downhill.

MARKED DIFFERENCE!

I can predict one and if you can't I would suggest living in fear that you'll be ran over in your livingroom!
Anyone can predict the laws of the present. Trying to impose them on the future is screamingly laughable.

With science, I might not like the result and that's a significant difference but it is reality based. Delusions.......not so much!
It is, I agree, as long as the reality is the present! Anything else, and you are shooting wildly in the dark.

Upvote 0

XTE

Jun 27, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟3,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Anyone can predict the laws of the present. Trying to impose them on the future is screamingly laughable.

I can see that might be the case for some, but we can predict the future with science to a point where we can make a car engine run for over 100k miles easy. We even have an industry based off predicting these things, IT'S CALLED INSURANCE AND WARRANTIES! So start laughing at all their billions!

It is, I agree, as long as the reality is the present! Anything else, and you are shooting wildly in the dark.

So you agree with prophecy in Revelation and you agree that Revelation is shooting wildly in the dark. If it shot anything, it's your own foot on this one!

Upvote 0