Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, it is on top of earth, and is about the size of the moon. An interesting fact is that this moon sized object of gold will land on earth. If a moon tried it now, gravity would exist, and we would be wiped out good and proper. Heavens, imagine the tides even?! That means that gravity, as we know it, just will not apply. Neither of course will decay.
Our present state of the universe, and laws of physics will be no more. That is real science 101. This is a temporary universal state.

Er...please stop? Please? I know you mean well. I really think you do.

Upvote 0

birdan

Jan 20, 2006
✟15,831.00
Faith
Seeker
I thought it timely to dig up one of my first posts to CF many months ago:

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

I don't think people understand what they are logically tangling with, and I would urge extreme caution in order to prevent long lasting effects.

You see, several decades ago, "They" were growing increasingly concerned about science moving ever closer to the truth about "Them". They were, through the centuries, able to keep people sufficiently off track by planting spurious ideas via their operatives (Lamarck, Aristotle, etc.), but those ploys had diminishing levels of truth deflection as time went on. By the late 20th century "They" decided more drastic measures had to be taken. Instead of planting false trails of information (which they however still do - c.f. Higgs boson, string theory), they decided to strike at the infrastructure: the internet. Thus a few years ago, "They" introduced the Dad-Hoc Self-Referential CyberBot.

This clever piece of software was built to be an intellectual black hole. The theory behind the Dad-Hoc Self-Referential CyberBot was that it would attract the most curious of the internet users (the best and the brightest?), just like a shiny object to a crow. Once the curious user ventured a bit too close (past the logic horizon), they would be entrapped in the massive illogical gravity of a downward spiral of self-reflective tautologies. And...... poof. Never be heard from again.

Please be aware that the Dad-Hoc Self-Referential CyberBot did not exist Pre-Internet (PI), nor will it exist in the post-internet world. It exists only in the communication split period we call the Internet Age. Also note that one of its highest level programmatic directives is to insist not only is it really real, but that it has exclusive access to the real reality. Really.

"They"
expend great effort to hide the CyberBotic nature of the Dad-Hoc, but since we have been tracking its movements across the internet, we have a few clues. For instance, if a poster suddenly changes appearence (like from George Burns to Michael Landon to Albert Einstein), it is a good indication of their cyber-botic nature. I mean, how many real people do you know who can do that? And the change in appearance usually indicates some sort of software upgrade. By some reverse engineering analysis, we suspect the Dad-Hoc's reality suspension push-down stack was increased significantly, along with the ad hominen fallback loop.

Please be very careful when 'playing' with the Dad-Hoc CyberBot. It can be a huge waste of time, and there is some preliminary evidence it may make you go blind.

Update since this was first posted:

SOURCE OF DAD-HOC CYBERBOT LOCATED!

That's right. Through perseverence and due diligence, the dad-hoc cyberbot's origin has been traced to:

http://geocities.com/lovecreates/

(P.S. If you take the "Heaven Tour", you can even see what "transparent gold" looks like!)

(P.P.S. One of the dad-hoc cyberbot's prime directives is thread derailment and early demise of fruitful discusion within the thread. Replying to the dad-hoc cyberbot fulfills this prime directive.)

Upvote 0

AngryWomble

Aug 13, 2006
✟15,702.00
Faith
Agnostic
Thanks. :) I'll wait for it. :p

It's aninteresting experience, i'm currently 'enjoying' it in another thread.

This " dad" creature seems dangerously insane. Perhaps there should be a disclaimer attached to his posts?

You mean something like:

"Beware; reading this post may result in a nigh on irrisistable urge to gouge your eyes out, stick pencils up your nostrils and some y-fronts on your head or have a home labotomy with whatever power tools you find at home. All posts made by this poster should be read with caution as they are still waiting for a double labotomy with a complimentary 10 rolls of padded wall paper thrown in, they queue is long but they have been marked as 'urgently in need'.'

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
This thread is being watched by FSTDT, Say Smarter Things!!! :mad: Or become famous:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, the fundiest of the fundies now see getting quoted by FSTDT! to be some sort of badge of honor. Since FSTDT! is obviously some sort of tool of Satan, getting quoted feeds into some sort of persecution/martyrdom complex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I rather not ask this but what did the moon do?
Current belief is that the moon hit the earth 4.5 billion years ago. The spin of the earth is slowing down and the moon is moving away from the earth. So if you look back 4.5 billion years the moon and the earth would occupy the same space. In the beginning a day would have been 6 hours in length.

This is why the earth is tilted on its axis. Don't they teach this stuff in school? This is why we have seasons. As the cold from the north is trying to equalize with the heat from the equator. This clashing of hot and cold as the seasons change is what causes a lot of our weather.

Upvote 0

dawiyd

Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
✟2,566.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Current belief is that the moon hit the earth 4.5 billion years ago. The spin of the earth is slowing down and the moon is moving away from the earth. So if you look back 4.5 billion years the moon and the earth would occupy the same space. In the beginning a day would have been 6 hours in length.

This is why the earth is tilted on its axis. Don't they teach this stuff in school? This is why we have seasons. As the cold from the north is trying to equalize with the heat from the equator. This clashing of hot and cold as the seasons change is what causes a lot of our weather.

Back up this claim with a source.

Upvote 0

CaptainJeanLucPicard

Sep 29, 2006
USS Enterprise
✟7,655.00
Faith
Lutheran
In other words, show me how it now works. But a new heavens are coming, where we will live forever. A new state of the universe we have never seen since science came to exist.
You're dodging the request. Demonstrate how the laws will change.

dad said:
But that is all more or less the present! I consider the present (state) to be from about 4400 years ago, till a little over a thousand years from now. Nowthen, show me something out of the present the laws of, ahem, physics, have predicted?!!!
Well, light takes time to travel, so you do not see everything happen at the instant they occur. You see the Sun as it was eight minutes ago, the star Alpha Centauri is visible as it was four years in the past, and the Andromeda Galaxy is 2.9 million lightyears away, so you see it as it was 2.9 million years in the past, prior to your proposed timeframe.

Gravitational laws (among others, obviously) were used to calculate the trajectory of the Voyager probes to allow them to travel close to the jovian planets and out of the solar system. Those were future events at the time the probes were about to be launched.

dad said:
It is something described that is spiritual, a real event, the devil and his angels are actually getting cast here to earth. Watch out.

dad said:
The devil still has access to heaven, as we see in Job. But he is going to get the boot.In another place in the book it says
Re 20:2 - And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, Plain as day.
That passage has nothing to do with the discussion. How are you interpreting "stars" to be "the devil and his angels"?

dad said:
It is not just a process change in this temporary physical only universe. It is a universe change. The spiritual will also be combined with the physical, resulting is processes your mind would possibly not be able to presently wrap itself around.

dad said:
Physical and spiritual together.

dad said:
Jesus' body after He arose! Spiritual and physical.

dad said:
This entire universe is physical only at the moment. They all are like us, and burning up, and decaying away, and dying.
Where the change comes is when the new heavens (merged universe) comes.
You need to provide evidence for your claims! Provide evidence for how everything suddenly works differently.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your lacks in that area are interesting, however, we are talking about the future in this thread. Nowthen, if you have a biblical issue (since you have no science whatsoever to offer on the topic) with the city of God, or it's dimensions, or any of the properties of matter in the new universe, I have discussed, step right up. Otherwise, by your lack of science to offer here, and your lack of support for your charges that the ideas here are against the bible, you are defeated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Er...please stop? Please? I know you mean well. I really think you do.
You have a problem with the new heavens? Or the eternal city that God lives in? Well, that is the kingdom, friend, that is to come, and His will be done. This is the gospel, the good news that we are to preach, the coming kingdom of God.
So, er, try to clue in here.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Please be very careful when 'playing' with the Dad-Hoc CyberBot. It can be a huge waste of time, and there is some preliminary evidence it may make you go blind.
I can see the kind of playing you do. But I hear the going blind part is an old wives tale. Cheer up, if we get saved, we will have good eyes in heaven.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're dodging the request. Demonstrate how the laws will change.
Demonstrate how they won't? Face it, all that can be demonstrated is how they are, not will be, you kidding?

Well, light takes time to travel, so you do not see everything happen at the instant they occur. You see the Sun as it was eight minutes ago, the star Alpha Centauri is visible as it was four years in the past, and the Andromeda Galaxy is 2.9 million lightyears away, so you see it as it was 2.9 million years in the past, prior to your proposed timeframe.
All you do here is note the present light , in the present universe state, and how long it now takes to get around. Then you imagine how long it would have taken IF it was always the same. Meaningless to real time. (beyond the present as I defined it)

Gravitational laws (among others, obviously) were used to calculate the trajectory of the Voyager probes to allow them to travel close to the jovian planets and out of the solar system. Those were future events at the time the probes were about to be launched.
The definition I gave was that the present goes on another 1000 years or so. Voyager is not affected by anything but the present.

That passage has nothing to do with the discussion. How are you interpreting "stars" to be "the devil and his angels"?
I agree! Frumy B.S. are you out there? Keep on topic. People are noticing.

You need to provide evidence for your claims! Provide evidence for how everything suddenly works differently.
You need to provide evidence for your claims! Provide evidence for how everything will always work the same???? You can't! So, why not look at the bible, especially if one is a Christian to learn how God says it is?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
dad it ain't as fun on that golden cloud as they say it is, it's cold up there.
Not true, I have no intention of playing harp on clouds. I plan on having fun with the girls, exploring the universe to the very ends, doing a little time travel, and helping rule the earth, outside the city, and flying, and doing things that I am interested in, and learning real science a bit, and visiting loved ones, and maybe take in some concerts, comedy shows, museums, pavillions, and etc. etc etc.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Not true, I have no intention of playing harp on clouds. I plan on having fun with the girls, exploring the universe to the very ends, doing a little time travel, and helping rule the earth, outside the city, and flying, and doing things that I am interested in, and learning real science a bit, and visiting loved ones, and maybe take in some concerts, comedy shows, museums, pavillions, and etc. etc etc.
Having fun with the girls? Are you going to the Islamic heaven? And what museums, comedy shows, concerts? I can't imagine what kind of comedy would exist in a perfect, sinless exisxtence. Museums will all be destroyed, and the only concerts will be hymns.

Science also won't exist since there is no reason to study the natural world in a perfect utopia.

Of course, none of these ideas are Biblically supported so I'm not sure why you assume you'll be doing any of them.

Upvote 0