Married...w/children

SimplyMyers2

Feb 10, 2005
✟127.00
Faith
Baptist
I have 2 children, aged 19 and 21, whom I help out financially, emotionally and encourage spiritually. The problem is that my husband of 4+ years gets very upset with me and accuses me & my children of trying to break up our marriage because they call on me often for help...if only for advice, and he feels when I go & do things for them (ex: take to the grocery store at 9pm after bible study because she has no car and it's the only time for me). At least once a week, I am out doing something with one of my kids and this is causing trouble in my marriage. I was a single parent most of my kids lives and we are very close; we did alot of things together. I do tell my children 'NO' when I feel their request is frivolous or a stumbling block for them. And there are times when I don't MIND doing a frivolous favor but my husband feels this is taking away from him (time, energy, etc.) although I'm home every night. What do I do about my angry husband? Although he knows I am a person who likes/enjoys helping others in need (I believe one of my gifts is mercy and the other encouragement), he has the biggest problem when it's my kids I'm helping because he thinks I help them too much. I quick response would be appreciated.
God Bless! (Yes, we are both faithful Christians)

Reactions: wunnerful

Brutus/HisCatalyst

The Brute who Cares
Oct 29, 2004
Jersey / GA
Visit site
✟3,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wish I had something to tell you but I'm just out of touch on this issue. I will keep you in my prayers, and I'm good at listening when someone needs to release some stress. Just AIM me to chat. Welcome to the forums.

Upvote 0

Snow Angel

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2005
Montana.
Visit site
✟8,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
EPHESIANS CHAPTER 5
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. :crosseo:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums