✟8,431.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Dear Christians community,

Good to see you. I'm new here, but have heard of the forums alot. Ive been lurking and reading them for a long time before deciding to join myself. Basically, I come from a Jewish background and only recently have accepted Jesus as my messiah. I'd like to tell you a little about myself, before asking a few questions I'd like to ask please, thanks.

My name's Natan. I was born with a neurodevelopmental disorder called Asperger's Syndrome(today known as High Functioning Autism). As a child, I had almost no friends and was a target for bullying and was made fun of by classmates. I didnt finish high school. Throughout the years I suffered from depression and anxiety due to my disability, and needed a longer time to learn social skills, and onlyu by around age 25 I began to become more normal. As a child, I used to suffer from a personality disorder called Schizoid Personality Disorder. Its quite rare, and I'm ashamed I had to deal with it and cursed with this problem. These days I am in the process of conversion from Judaism to Protestantism. I still dont have a girlfriend, dont have a job, live with my parents, and barely have money for basic needs like food and clothes. I have alot of problems in my life, unfortunately. However, my belief in Jesus is very strong.

Other than all that, I have a few questions please I'd like to ask about religion, about Jesus, and also about the disorder I had to deal with which had turned me into a special person.

1. Do you think the problems in my life are relatively small, compared to problems other people have in their lives, or not necessarily?

2. Can you explain how religion can help live a better life and deal with my problems I shared with you earlier?

3. Generally speaking, if Jesus was Jewish, how come did Christianity exist or develop? Wasnt the Old Testament the original bible we are supposed to believe in, and we are actually a type of Jews?

4. I havent ever seen any statement explicitly saying in the scriptures Jesus is the messiah. Does it mean its more a belief, than a fact?

5. Can you explain how to get to Heaven?

6. Have you met someone else in the past who had Asperger Syndrome or a High Functioning Autism? If yes, do you know how they deal with their problem?

7. Am I possibly cursed, God hates me and thats why I was born with a type of Autism?

8. I have plans to immigrate to the US. is it a complicated thing to do, do I need alot of money to do that?

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Good to see you. I'm new here, but have heard of the forums alot. Ive been lurking and reading them for a long time before deciding to join myself. Basically, I come from a Jewish background and only recently have accepted Jesus as my messiah. I'd like to tell you a little about myself, before asking a few questions I'd like to ask please, thanks.

My name's Natan. I was born with a neurodevelopmental disorder called Asperger's Syndrome(today known as High Functioning Autism). As a child, I had almost no friends and was a target for bullying and was made fun of by classmates. I didnt finish high school. Throughout the years I suffered from depression and anxiety due to my disability, and needed a longer time to learn social skills, and onlyu by around age 25 I began to become more normal. As a child, I used to suffer from a personality disorder called Schizoid Personality Disorder. Its quite rare, and I'm ashamed I had to deal with it and cursed with this problem. These days I am in the process of conversion from Judaism to Protestantism. I still dont have a girlfriend, dont have a job, live with my parents, and barely have money for basic needs like food and clothes. I have alot of problems in my life, unfortunately. However, my belief in Jesus is very strong.

Other than all that, I have a few questions please I'd like to ask about religion, about Jesus, and also about the disorder I had to deal with which had turned me into a special person.

1. Do you think the problems in my life are relatively small, compared to problems other people have in their lives, or not necessarily?

2. Can you explain how religion can help live a better life and deal with my problems I shared with you earlier?

3. Generally speaking, if Jesus was Jewish, how come did Christianity exist or develop? Wasnt the Old Testament the original bible we are supposed to believe in, and we are actually a type of Jews?

4. I havent ever seen any statement explicitly saying in the scriptures Jesus is the messiah. Does it mean its more a belief, than a fact?

6. Have you met someone else in the past who had Asperger Syndrome or a High Functioning Autism? If yes, do you know how they deal with their problem?

7. Am I possibly cursed, God hates me and thats why I was born with a type of Autism?

8. I have plans to immigrate to the US. is it a complicated thing to do, do I need alot of money to do that?

first off the bible is a collection of books (66) that is a narative of our souls journey of a there and back which aplies to all of us regardless of race or faith in any particular religion ...

may i ask if you have any extra abilities via your aspergers ... for reasons to complicated to scribble here i am interested in this as it could be of benefit to you in seeing patterns within the scriptures ...

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Well what you want is God's free gift of Eternal Life. That is how a person "as you ask" goes or gets to heaven. How to get Eternal Life is by belief in Jesus, believe that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, the promised Messiah from the prophecies of The Tanakh / The only begotten Son of God.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

As for your Asperger Syndrome, you might want to look into grounding or earthing.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

Kaiser123

Oct 21, 2023
Rishon Letsiyon
✟8,431.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thanks everyone.

Do you have time to answer the questions? If yes, please do that, thanks. I understand you might have difficulties answering them, but please answer as best as you can, thanks. Some of the questions I asked might be weird or hard to answer, I guess.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF!

You've asked a lot of questions. I'll answer a few of them.

1. Life problems aren't a contest. If your problems are easier, or harder, than some other people's problems, they're still problems, and they make life hard for you.

3. Christianity developed out of Judaism. As you observed, Jesus was Jewish, as were all of his disciples and most of the earliest Christians. Some first-century Jews believed that Jesus was the Messiah, while others did not. Over the course of the first century AD, the two groups parted ways.

4. The most explicit statement, I think, is the confession of Peter, recorded in Matthew 16, Mark 8, and Luke 9, in which Peter says to Jesus "You are the Messiah" and is praised for having spoken correctly. The Greek word often translated "Christ" (Χριστός, Christos) means "Messiah", and it is used frequently in the New Testament as a title for Jesus.

6. Yes, I know a number of people with autism. Some of them are my students at the university where I teach. Many of them are in touch with a psychologist or therapist who helps them with life skills and social skills.

Upvote 0

WiSteel79

Oct 20, 2023
Wisconsin
✟9,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

5. You ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins. That you pray and admit you are a sinner, and that you know Jesus died on the cross paying the price for all of our sins. Ask Jesus to come into your life, welcome the gift of the Holy Spirit. With this gift God makes the living word truly amazing. Encourage you to read Psalm 38-40, first Corinthians chapter 13, that shows you God’s love, and Galatians. Personally look at Isaiah apter seven verse 11 “ask the Lord your God for a sign, if in the highest highs or the deepest depths.” He is faithful and will give you that sign.

6. I know of a few, but I don’t know how they deal with their issues. I can tell you that I have reflex sympathetic dystrophy and ADHD. It’s not easy when it’s physical pain or emotional pain. It’s all pain. Know that God is there and will help you in all ways. I know you struggle with relationships, but this a relationship with our Lord and Maker. He wants to know you and have you come to Him no matter what it is you struggle with.

7. You’re not cursed and no God loves you so much He gave His son so that you can have everlasting life. In Romans it talks about does the pot call back to the maker, why did you make me this way? God made you how He needed you to be. He designed everything from the planet, animals, and us humans. What we don’t think about ever is that God made our emotions and feelings as well. Don’t be afraid to ask God for anything, answers to your questions. Don’t take for granted little details that will happen through your day. It is His way of showing you confirmation He is with you and loves you so very much.

I am in the same boat I live with my mom and I don’t have much money. There is time for what God will bring you. I understand it can be lonely when you want to be loved by another so much it hurts and you wonder if it will happen. It’s the Lord’s will be done not our own. I believe God gives those of us that want a partner that want for a reason. He is faithful to give us the desires of our hearts because He put them there for a reason.

Will be praying for you, and know that others will be also. You’re a member of the body of Christ, the church. When you feel alone call out to God. Know that others pray for every believer no matter who they are and God loves you and made you for a purpose on earth. And this is a short time, soon will be in heaven with perfect bodies.

God bless you and keep you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Annie Y.

Oct 18, 2023
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,752.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Dear Natan,

I can't help but feel for you as I read your introductory post in this forum. Life is tough, but when the going gets tough, toughness isn't going to be of any help. Some people cling to the difficult and toughness of life, but I have always found this contrary to what I need in order to get going, and go well.

The love and gentleness of God is unmistakable, because He is always comforting to the hurting and broken people of this world. The strength and power of God is exercised to safeguard, defend and protect those whom He loves and deems of worth in His sight.

You will probably find a rather tender and kind-hearted God waiting in your bedroom tonight to talk with you in loving closeness with you. Don't hold back, just tell Him everything you need to and ask Him any question you want answered. Let Him comfort you with all the difficult feelings and thoughts you have. God prefers gentleness and even softness as opposed to coming forcefully.

Feeling good, happy and at ease with God will solve a million and one problems, and although the answers to those questions matter, they won't matter so badly even there aren't answers, because you will know with all your heart that there is a God in heaven who cares and loves you deeply so, no matter what.

The only questions that are of ultimate importance are:
1) Do I know God loves me?
2) And do I know I love Him too?

Many of us Christians can answer your questions, but I'll willingly do so as long as I know that you are fully settled in the love of God.

Listen to your heart. He is waiting.

Kindest Regards,
Annie

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I relate. I have autism plus other neuro disorders and probably a degree of mental illness.

1. When I compare myself to someone who's severely autistic, or a quadriplegic, I'm glad I'm not in a situation like that.

2. Autism needs structure and religion offers that. But it's really a relationship with God that offers the greatest benefit.

3. Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of Judaism and the Old Testament. All of the Jews were ment to become Christians ie followers of their Messiah Jesus Christ. Christianity is for the Jew first and then the Gentile.

4. In his letters Paul, a Jewish priest of high order, goes into great detail about how and why Jesus Christ is the Messiah.

5. You get to heaven through faith in Jesus Christ. You need to read the New Testament. It's only about 300 pages long and will answer many questions for you.

6. I spent some years on a large (at the time) autism forum called Wrong Planet. While we all have neurodevelopmental problems we can all relate to, I've found there's a great deal of diversity in such things. So the way one deals with their problems might not be as good of a method for someone else. If you want to talk to other autistics WP is still active enough for that.

7. NO. Absolutely not.

8. That's something I don't know anything about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks everyone.

Do you have time to answer the questions? If yes, please do that, thanks. I understand you might have difficulties answering them, but please answer as best as you can, thanks. Some of the questions I asked might be weird or hard to answer, I guess.
Done. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions or elaboration on the answers I posted. Most of what you asked is very familiar ground to me.

Upvote 0

Kaiser123

Oct 21, 2023
Rishon Letsiyon
✟8,431.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Dear friends,

I appreciate all your replies. I've read most of them, and appreciate some of you guys taking the time to answer the questions I asked in the first message. I have pretty much gotten all the answers I needed, but there are a few other questions about other subjects I wanted to ask about. I created a separate thread in the appropriate section about that here, if you can please go there and answer the questions, thanks.

Other than that, I appreciate all your replies and taking the time to share information and answer questions, thanks.

The forums are very large and havent found the general discussions section, if such thing exists? If not, if you can please send a link to where normal non religious discussions happen, as I wanted to participate for non religious discussions as well, if that is appropriate, thanks.

Upvote 0

Annie Y.

Oct 18, 2023
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,752.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hello Natan,

1) It's me, again. Having Asperger's Syndrome sounds relatively benign compared to full blown autism. One of my closest friends suffers from Schizophrenia, a far worser condition to deal with because she completely loses her mind and cannot bring her life into control. At least you don't have to deal with a mind that leads you astray. On second thought, the reason why Asperger's is so difficult is because your emotional component is dulled inwardly and outwardly, which is why expressiveness is a problem and responding to social cues is a challenge. This need not necessary be a problem if you learn how to recognise the cues and behave accordingly.

2) Christianity will not help you deal with life's problems and live better as a true Christian unless you and your heart are fully yielded over to the sovereignty and dominion of the Lord Jesus Christ. This shouldn't be an issue since you mentioned that you have already done so above. It's the will of your mind and the setting of the sail of your heart that will determine the direction your life will take. A firm resolve to do what is right, and a heart that is tender to the leading of the Holy Spirit in you, with a responsiveness that shows sensitivity to God's love is how you can have the victory over darkness, so as to walk in the light of Christ Jesus.

3) The development of Christianity began strictly for the Jewish Nation. Salvation was meant for the Jews before the Gentiles. (That's somewhere in the New Testament, I can't recall.) The Old Testament, or your Torah, is the foundation for our Christian religion, and the reason why all Christians around the world can build their faith upon the solid rock of truth that first began in your Pentateuch. "In the beginning, God created the heavens and earth..." was echoed thousands of years later by St. John the apostle, "In the beginning was the Word..." Messianic Jews are in such a unique and special position because they not only own the tradition of their Judaistic faith, but the second blessing of grace through the promised eternal life through allegiance to Christ Jesus as King and Lord over all the universe. It's an incredible privilege! A Gentile like I am has been described by St. Paul as a branch grafted into God's kingdom, while Jews who are Christians are the natural branches of the original tree.

4) "And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am? And they answered, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets. And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ. And he charged them that they should tell no man of him."
Mark 8:27-30 (KJV) The Word "Christ" spoken by Peter, directly translated is, "Messiah."

5. I'm just going to quote scripture here freely from John 3:1-21 (NASB):
"Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; this man came to Jesus at night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” Jesus responded and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a person be born when he is old? He cannot enter his mother’s womb a second time and be born, can he?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which has been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which has been born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it is coming from and where it is going; so is everyone who has been born of the Spirit.”

Nicodemus responded and said to Him, “How can these things be?” Jesus answered and said to him, “You are the teacher of Israel, and yet you do not understand these things? Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you people do not accept our testimony. If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? No one has ascended into heaven, except He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man. And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes will have eternal life in Him."

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the Light; for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, so that his deeds will not be exposed. But the one who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds will be revealed as having been performed in God.”

6) My best friend's younger brother has Asperger's. He learned how to function so well that he was given a scholarship to study life sciences in a prestigious university and now happily works in a research lab under his supervisor's charge. He got there not by himself of course, but with the loving support of his mother and encouragement of his sister.

7. Let's not even go in that direction. Nobody knows why illnesses, infirmities and suffering happen to people, often with no seeable reason. A loving God will never want to see any human being suffer senselessly or needlessly.

8. I can't answer this question as I am not an American, but a Singaporean.

If you close the door on Jesus, no one but He alone can open it for you, so long that you are willing to.

Kind Regards,
Annie Y.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Margaret3110

Feb 27, 2020
NM
✟34,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
1. Everyone has problems, and everyone's problems are real and a big deal to them. It's not a contest, and other people's suffering doesn't make ours easier to bear.

2. I can only speak for myself. Having a relationship with God keeps me going through all the challenges of my life. I don't know "how" that works exactly, just that it's true.

3. I think others have answered this question well.

4. "Christ" is the Greek word for "Messiah." Jesus is definitely identified as the Christ/Messiah, Lord, and God, throughout the New Testament.

5. I don't have any special knowledge on getting to Heaven. Generally one believes in Jesus and is baptized.

6. My son actually has autism (would have been Asperger's Syndrome if he'd been diagnosed back when that was still in the DSM). It is challenging for him for sure. I know a number of children and adults with autism as well.

7. Not at all. God loves you. There's nothing "wrong" with having autism, your brain just works differently than the majority of people.

8. I have no idea, sorry.

Reactions: Annie Y.
Upvote 0

Kaiser123

Oct 21, 2023
Rishon Letsiyon
✟8,431.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Dear friends,

Thanks again for al lthe replies.

I'd like to apologize about the homosexuality thread I created, a moderator had sent me a private warning about it. However, now I created a different thread about the Messiah subject with a few questions. Can you go there and try answer questions? Thanks.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal

I'm glad you are here friend!. You have some complicated questions. Let me see if I can help with a few.

1. I don't think your problems are small at all. Yes they are smaller that what some face but greater than many. The question isn't how small or large are they. The question is really how do you deal with them. There are some that deal with larg problems very well and other that deal with small problems poorly.

2. Religion in and if itself can only help for a short time. A relationship with Christ is what really can make a life long difference. Also God uses others in his service to help as well.

3. That question is rather large and would take time to fully answer. But basically Christianity came about with Christ, the Messiah. That all who believe, Jew and Gentile alike will be saved. With Christ there is no Jew and there is no Gentile.

4. Yes the NT does refer to Jesus as the Messiah. He is referred to as the Christ. Also the OT is filled with prophecies concerning the Messiah and Jesus fulfilled them all.

5. Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ is enough to save you and set you on the way to heaven.

6. I can't really answer that one.

7. No you are not cursed. Not anymore than any other man, for we all live under the curse of sin.

8. Immigrating to the US is not easy and easy process. But not being an immigration attorney I can't give you much information.

God bless you my friend and welcome to the family.

Upvote 0