meredithgood

Jun 17, 2013
Melbourne
✟7,669.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hello all you beautiful people, im a pretty new christian and did a "crash course" about worship and Christianity in general, and some biiig emotions came up. Anyway throughout this whole awesome experience my chest felt as though it was going to explode, i just yearned and yearned to love Jesus more.
During worship the holy spirit or Jesus, i cant be sure, literally spoke and said to me "be free, i give you permission to be free" which was beautiful. Because one of my largest problems coming into christianity was being afraid that God wouldn't accept me because of my intense level of past and present issues.
Doing this whole course brought out some huge emotions, 22 years worth of suppressed emotions ( all my life I was told by my parents to hide what i really felt) came crashing down on me and now I feel like my heart is going to explode from the weight of emotions and my love for jesus. Anyway, im not really sure why I wanted to tell everyone of my experiences, just wanted to share. Now the healing begins, praise God!

Thanks for listening :)

Reactions: youngthomas

youngthomas

Nov 11, 2014
North Carolina
✟15,226.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I had a similar experience. I'm a fairly new Christian as well, and I had a lot of supressed emotions too. My Priest and some other church leaders prayed over me after Church a few weeks ago, and it brought up years and years worth of emotions. I felt the Holy Spirit too, telling me it was ok to finally let it go. I felt free afterwards too. I feel much lighter in spirit than I did before. Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. I'm really happy for you, I think God works hard for those that reach out like you did. No doubt about it.

Upvote 0