Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
To find someone attractive for what ever reason isn't necessarily lust. Lust is to covet someone. There's lots of attractive people I've encountered in life. But that doesn't mean I covet any of them. There's other life forms I've found attractive. (Plants and animals.) But I don't covet them either. (But I also don't have any conscience over buying perennials to fill my gardens.) I'm a creative person and I like beauty. And I don't see anything wrong with my intentions over that.

Also being emotionally attached to someone in and of itself; doesn't constitute lust either. Myself and my son have been through a lot together. There's no other mortal I care more about than him. (He has a chronic medical condition and is a bit developmentally delayed.) But that's not lust either.

What we do with the temptation; can come to constitute sin. But being tempted in and of itself isn't sin.

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

What do you think he meant when he said that he was physically attracted?

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe that "sexual reactions" to people are always sin? Or do you understand that some of that is just biologically driven?

Infants even have "physical reactions" of their reproductive systems. And those happen rather consistently in certain activities (like eating). I don't understand the whole neurodevelopment wiring aspect of it all; but I know it happens. Saw it happen to my own child throughout his entire childhood (even prior to puberty). When he was 5 and 6 years old he'd complain about the unpredictability of it. These physical reactions weren't anything he was deliberately eliciting. They just happen; and it's not like anything nefarious happened to the kid either. It's just another factor of development.

Even biological cycles we go through as adults. It's just more evident with men because their reproductive organs are external. Same reactions happened to Jesus. Just part of how we are wired as life forms. God takes into account our biology. What we do with that and where we take it; is our responsibility.

Again, temptation isn't the same thing as sin.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe that "sexual reactions" to people are always sin? Or do you understand that some of that is just biologically driven?

Infants even have "physical reactions" of their reproductive systems. And those happen rather consistently in certain activities (like eating). I don't understand the whole neurodevelopment wiring aspect of it all; but I know it happens. Saw it happen to my own child throughout his entire childhood (even prior to puberty). When he was 5 and 6 years old he'd complain about the unpredictability of it. These physical reactions weren't anything he was deliberately eliciting. They just happen; and it's not like anything nefarious happened to the kid either. It's just another factor of development.

Even biological cycles we go through as adults. It's just more evident with men because their reproductive organs are external. Same reactions happened to Jesus. Just part of how we are wired as life forms. God takes into account our biology. What we do with that and where we take it; is our responsibility.

Again, temptation isn't the same thing as sin.

A straight refusal to answer. And this is how you will be remembered.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
And do explain to me how what I said was a "strait refusal to answer"? How is the acknowledgment that physical arousal can be a component of "attracted to"? Don't think it gets any more blunt than that; do you?

:doh:

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
And do explain to me how what I said was a "strait refusal to answer"? How is the acknowledgment that physical arousal can be a component of "attracted to"? Don't think it gets any more blunt than that; do you?

Sorry, but I'm not here for playing games.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
To find someone attractive for what ever reason isn't necessarily lust.
No it isn't. My wife and I have always agreed that somebody may be pretty or if male handsome...one has to say their brain isn't working not to acknowledge that. Even in the book of Job it says about his later daughters, "In all the land were found no women so beautiful as the daughters of Job" Job 42:15

There's lots of attractive people I've encountered in life. But that doesn't mean I covet any of them.
And that's true with me.
Also being emotionally attached to someone in and of itself; doesn't constitute lust either.
Well with that one is staring to get on a slippery slope. To what degree is one letting their emotions get involved? If we justify emotional attachments I think one is quick to land themselves in what the Bible calls inordinate affection.

Myself and my son have been through a lot together. There's no other mortal I care more about than him. (He has a chronic medical condition and is a bit developmentally delayed.) But that's not lust either.
Of course not. That's your son.
What we do with the temptation; can come to constitute sin. But being tempted in and of itself isn't sin.
True. And many have got under a false guilt. Devil tempts their mind and tells them what a horrible Christian they are to even have had the thought. But it's like the saying you can't stop the birds from flying over your head but you can stop them from building a nest in you hair.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, doesn't seem to me that you are struggling with lust to be honest with you. Lust is covetousness and you're not coveting this woman. Clearly you are trying to avoid a problem.
It seems he's got a good plan going ahead. All can argue whether it's lust or merely coming close to it.....main thing is he's wise to make a distance....folks can't always rightly discern exactly where they are in the process.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well with that one is staring to get on a slippery slope. To what degree is one letting their emotions get involved? If we justify emotional attachments I think one is quick to land themselves in what the Bible calls inordinate affection.
I agree with you that it can lead down a path that becomes destructive.

Yet there were both men and women whom Jesus wasn't related to; whom he was emotionally attached to. The problem we have; is that we often can't see far enough past our own sin (or perceived / guilt tripped invented definitions of "holy") to be able to see the difference. Jesus was accused of a lot of things; yet he remained obedient to the Father and didn't sin.

So.... Another irony is; there are a lot of things that Jesus said; that if you know what those statements or phrases mean in Greek (or Hebrew if looking at OT) It's pretty clear the human Jesus fully understood what happens during conception. Despite he never participated in it; he was certainly aware.

So why is all life wired this way. (Because "be fruitful and multiply" is the first command given to all of creation. And this command was given right after Eve was created. And note - Adam calls her "the mother of all living". Now I agree that has multiple layers of meaning; but interestingly; note the sequence of events. It's very fascinating.

Also the phrase "God saw that it was good." means that it was pleasant or pleasing. Thus what is the material application to the ability to participate in the creation of the next generation of life forms. And this isn't just humans. This is anything that's got the neuro-wiring to register "pleased". Does this include plants too? (It may, upon some level we don't understand or can't see; because plants are also life forms that contain the "breath of life". And thus "the breath of life" which comes from God has to be part of the makeup of all of this.

There's a lot of this whole creation of life that we don't understand because we are so mired in the consequences of the fall. And that's one of the things I'm looking forward to on the other side of eternity. More insight on how God sees the goodness of His creation. I think the new heavens and new earth are going to be beyond our current comprehension to even imagine. Can you imagine a world where sin no longer exists? And not only that; but the ability to be corrupted will no longer exist either!

I can't imagine that; because I've never known any difference than what's in the here and now.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
But you don't seem to even understand what we're talking about! You can't discern that not all that deals with the subject of sexuality is lust.

What do you do with Jesus? How is he "fully human male" in your eyes?

The command to "be fruitful and multiply" applied to him too. He actually makes reference to that in the passage "Some come forth from their mother's wombs as eunuchs. Some are made eunuchs by men but one has made himself a eunuch in order to reign in the Kingdom of God. But by the power of Him who restrains him; let him continue in the command." That's literally what that passage says in the Greek.

Now..... wanna take a guess as to what that means?

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
But you don't seem to even understand what we're talking about! You can't discern that not all that deals with the subject of sexuality is lust.

What do you do with Jesus? How is he "fully human male" in your eyes?

The command to "be fruitful and multiply" applied to him too. He actually makes reference to that in the passage "Some come forth from their mother's wombs as eunuchs. Some are made eunuchs by men but one has made himself a eunuch in order to reign in the Kingdom of God. But by the power of Him who restrains him; let him continue in the command." That's literally what that passage says in the Greek.

Now..... wanna take a guess as to what that means?

You have a fighting spirit within you. I do not. You'll need to find someone else to practice your contentious ways upon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello friend. No one is judging you.

Set boundaries. Control your lust.

I have problems with lust. I work really hard to keep it under control.

1 Corinthians chapter 10:13. Is about Temptation. Praying to God for guidance and strength will help. Remember to repent.

Theirs young women at few different grocery stores I desire. I can't ask them out.
Why??

There heathen. I'm a Christian. Were not compadable. I can't compromise my values and beliefs. Get the picture.

James chapter 1:14 . Unrestrained lust.
Christian people must conquer their own evil desire and enticement.

Dont act on it. Don't carry it out.

We can choose to give in or Resist.

Dragged away in Greek means = to bait.

We should immediately resist temptation. Get the picture.

Lust is wrong desire.

Don't allow seeds of Lust to germinate.

Yes, try to help the young lady. Keep boundaries. And control your emotions.

I hope this helps you.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You have a fighting spirit within you. I do not. You'll need to find someone else to practice your contentious ways upon.
You haven't even addressed my response to your own question. Why is that?

When I said:
Well, doesn't seem to me that you are struggling with lust to be honest with you. Lust is covetousness and you're not coveting this woman. Clearly you are trying to avoid a problem.
You gave that a "wow" :oops: face and then asked me:
When the OP wrote:

"But I soon realized that, I was emotionally and physically attracted to this coworker"

I answered you; but you asked again.
And I gave you another answer. To that answer you said:
(Who's being contentious here?)
First off; I did answer your question. I answered it twice!
Then I asked:

And your only response was:
And to your own snottiness; I said that apparently you don't understand the difference between lust and the simple biological expression of sexuality.

Then I asked you what do you interpret it to mean when Scripture conveys that Jesus was fully human (male human - with a fully functioning endocrine and nervous system) and that "be fruitful an multiply" (Which is the first command give by God to all creation!) applied to Jesus Christ too.

And I demonstrated that by quoting Matthew 19:12
Also, to another poster I quoted Hebrews 4:15

Now I got another fascinating Scripture verse for you: (actually a whole bunch of them that use a particular Greek word (Strong's # 5048) which is translated "make perfect", "perfect", "fulfill" and "consecrate". The literal word means "to come to full extension of" and is a Greek idiom for "conception" as related to what happens to men.

Now interestingly, this Greek word "perfect" is mostly used in context of redemption. (One's faith is made perfect by the suffering of Christ; type of language.)

Jesus makes a reference in Luke 13:32 to himself being perfected on the 3rd day. Which is a reference to the resurrection. He makes this statement to be relayed to King Herod via a pharisee who tells Jesus Herod wants to kill Jesus. Now historically this had some interesting irony to it because all the Herods wanted to claim the title "King of the Jews". And the Herod in particular this pharisee is referring to; was a flaming homosexual who never produced an heir! Which gives some cringy context as to why this Herod had his guards strip Jesus and beat him nude when Pilate sent Jesus to this Herod. (You want a definition of "lust"; well there's an example of a multifaceted lust after the title of "King of the Jews". But I digress there.)

So, one could reasonably extrapolate of Jesus's experience of being raised from the dead: God takes the Divine nature and the human nature (human nature that had been freshly delivered from God's own wrath mind you); assemble that all back together to be interjected into an uncorrupted human body that didn't rot as a result of death. A human body with all the neurological and endocrine, enzymes, blood, neurotransmitters, hormones etc. The "breath of life" hits the switch and what do you think happened to Jesus? (Thus the reality that no other human being actually witnessed the resurrection.... interesting reflection back to Genesis "...the Spirit of God moved upon the waters..." (There was no possibility of life to witness God's good pleasure.) Back in Genesis when the Spirit entered the dead creation; that action was what actually created water. Water is the foundational element of all life.)

Yet all of creation awaiting redemption rejoiced at the power that raised Christ from the dead. Just as all life rejoiced at having been "conceived" at the commencement of creation to begin with.

Now.... is that lust; or is that... something else?

And I leave you with one last interesting verse: Daniel 9:27

Starting back in Daniel 9:24 "70 weeks are determined..."
There was a literal 70 weeks between the death of John the Baptist and Pentecost. John was the last of the OT prophets and his job was to "make strait the path for the LORD" (the coming Messiah. Which is exactly what Daniel 9:24 is describing.

"Three score and two weeks (62 weeks) is the Messiah cut off. This is the start of a one week tribulation. (verse 27). This is the week between the Friday before to the Friday of the crucifixion. Dispensationalists call this "the great tribulation". This starts when Mary anoints Jesus's feet "reserved against the day of (his) burial". John 12:1-7 At the end of the week Jesus dies.

In the "midst of the week" Messiah is "cut off". Tuesday evening post sundown the week of the crucifixion; Jesus goes to the house of Simon the leper for dinner. At this dinner, an anonymous woman pours oil over his head. Jesus states that she has anointed his body for burial. (Mark 14:1-8) Exactly "3 days and 3 nights" later; Jesus is dead! "Three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Matthew 12:40) That's the atonement.

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days is the sun darkened..." This happened during the crucifixion. Luke 23:45, Matthew 27:45, Mark 15:33. This was not because of a solar eclipse because there can't be a solar eclipse on a full moon. (The moon, sun and earth are not in the position for a solar eclipse.) So what caused this darkness. Revelation 9:2 explains that. The darkness of the sun was from the smoke of the bottomless pit. The "angel" who's called Abaddon "angel of destruction" nabs Satan and tosses him into the bottomless pit. This is "the binding of Satan" for the commencement of the "1000 year reign".

Now the idea of "angel of death" / "angel of destruction" we also see in Exodus 12:12; but that "angel" is God Himself! Keep that in mind because an "angel" visits Jesus at midnight on Passover! (Luke 22:43) So what happens to Jesus when he's confronted with the "angel of death"? His human soul is confined to Sheol. (Psalm 16:10, Acts 2:31) So why did Jesus not die at that point? (Because he had a Divine nature. Thus he could continue to live without a human soul. This is part of the death of the Messiah for the atonement of sin.)

So what was "the great tribulation" actually about? Whether or not Christ was going to complete the atonement or decide not to. (Matthew 26:53)

So week 63 ends with the death of the Messiah.

There are 50 days between the resurrection and Pentecost. (That's 7 weeks.) Which means Pentecost would have been on a Sunday. Sunday is the "first day of the week". The day creation commenced. The day Christ rose from the dead. Daniel 9:27 calls Pentecost "the consummation". (Assuming you know what consummation means.)

Now, Exodus 22:16 compared to 1 Corinthians 7:36-38. The man has not "kept his virgin"; she is "beyond her flower". (She's not a virgin any longer; he slept with her.) Interestingly the passage says "He has not sinned, let them marry". (Reference back to Exodus 22:16 - the law only required non-espoused people who picked each other to be married. Verse 27 talks about the man whom it's not necessary for them to marry. (He's maintained control of himself.) He who takes her to marriage (because he's already consummated that relationship) does what is morally appropriate. But he who's not taken her prior to the ceremony has "done the more noble thing".

Interesting.... Jesus "consummated" His marriage to His bride before the "ceremony" (recreated heavens and earth). That "consummation" was Pentecost. The Holy Spirit permanently dwells within all believers. That is the source of the "seed" of Christ that produces "fruit" in the life of the believer. Created new life.

And that folks - is the metaphor of reproduction. That same reflection we see in the Song of Solomon.

That's only possible because God restrained Jesus in the flesh from the command to "be fruitful and multiply". And that's what Jesus is conveying in Matthew 19:12

So @2ndTimothyGroup : I pose the question one last time: Was Jesus struggling with "lust" or is that something else?

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
You haven't even addressed my response to your own question. Why is that?

When I said:

You gave that a "wow" :oops: face and then asked me:

I answered you; but you asked again.

And I gave you another answer. To that answer you said:

(Who's being contentious here?)
First off; I did answer your question. I answered it twice!
Then I asked:

And your only response was:

And to your own snottiness; I said that apparently you don't understand the difference between lust and the simple biological expression of sexuality.

Then I asked you what do you interpret it to mean when Scripture conveys that Jesus was fully human (male human - with a fully functioning endocrine and nervous system) and that "be fruitful an multiply" (Which is the first command give by God to all creation!) applied to Jesus Christ too.

And I demonstrated that by quoting Matthew 19:12
Also, to another poster I quoted Hebrews 4:15

Now I got another fascinating Scripture verse for you: (actually a whole bunch of them that use a particular Greek word (Strong's # 5048) which is translated "make perfect", "perfect", "fulfill" and "consecrate". The literal word means "to come to full extension of" and is a Greek idiom for "conception" as related to what happens to men.

Now interestingly, this Greek word "perfect" is mostly used in context of redemption. (One's faith is made perfect by the suffering of Christ; type of language.)

Jesus makes a reference in Luke 13:32 to himself being perfected on the 3rd day. Which is a reference to the resurrection. He makes this statement to be relayed to King Herod via a pharisee who tells Jesus Herod wants to kill Jesus. Now historically this had some interesting irony to it because all the Herods wanted to claim the title "King of the Jews". And the Herod in particular this pharisee is referring to; was a flaming homosexual who never produced an heir! Which gives some cringy context as to why this Herod had his guards strip Jesus and beat him nude when Pilate sent Jesus to this Herod. (You want a definition of "lust"; well there's an example of a multifaceted lust after the title of "King of the Jews". But I digress there.)

So, one could reasonably extrapolate of Jesus's experience of being raised from the dead: God takes the Divine nature and the human nature (human nature that had been freshly delivered from God's own wrath mind you); assemble that all back together to be interjected into an uncorrupted human body that didn't rot as a result of death. A human body with all the neurological and endocrine, enzymes, blood, neurotransmitters, hormones etc. The "breath of life" hits the switch and what do you think happened to Jesus? (Thus the reality that no other human being actually witnessed the resurrection.... interesting reflection back to Genesis "...the Spirit of God moved upon the waters..." (There was no possibility of life to witness God's good pleasure.) Back in Genesis when the Spirit entered the dead creation; that action was what actually created water. Water is the foundational element of all life.)

Yet all of creation awaiting redemption rejoiced at the power that raised Christ from the dead. Just as all life rejoiced at having been "conceived" at the commencement of creation to begin with.

Now.... is that lust; or is that... something else?

And I leave you with one last interesting verse: Daniel 9:27

Starting back in Daniel 9:24 "70 weeks are determined..."
There was a literal 70 weeks between the death of John the Baptist and Pentecost. John was the last of the OT prophets and his job was to "make strait the path for the LORD" (the coming Messiah. Which is exactly what Daniel 9:24 is describing.

"Three score and two weeks (62 weeks) is the Messiah cut off. This is the start of a one week tribulation. (verse 27). This is the week between the Friday before to the Friday of the crucifixion. Dispensationalists call this "the great tribulation". This starts when Mary anoints Jesus's feet "reserved against the day of (his) burial". John 12:1-7 At the end of the week Jesus dies.

In the "midst of the week" Messiah is "cut off". Tuesday evening post sundown the week of the crucifixion; Jesus goes to the house of Simon the leper for dinner. At this dinner, an anonymous woman pours oil over his head. Jesus states that she has anointed his body for burial. (Mark 14:1-8) Exactly "3 days and 3 nights" later; Jesus is dead! "Three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Matthew 12:40) That's the atonement.

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days is the sun darkened..." This happened during the crucifixion. Luke 23:45, Matthew 27:45, Mark 15:33. This was not because of a solar eclipse because there can't be a solar eclipse on a full moon. (The moon, sun and earth are not in the position for a solar eclipse.) So what caused this darkness. Revelation 9:2 explains that. The darkness of the sun was from the smoke of the bottomless pit. The "angel" who's called Abaddon "angel of destruction" nabs Satan and tosses him into the bottomless pit. This is "the binding of Satan" for the commencement of the "1000 year reign".

Now the idea of "angel of death" / "angel of destruction" we also see in Exodus 12:12; but that "angel" is God Himself! Keep that in mind because an "angel" visits Jesus at midnight on Passover! (Luke 22:43) So what happens to Jesus when he's confronted with the "angel of death"? His human soul is confined to Sheol. (Psalm 16:10, Acts 2:31) So why did Jesus not die at that point? (Because he had a Divine nature. Thus he could continue to live without a human soul. This is part of the death of the Messiah for the atonement of sin.)

So what was "the great tribulation" actually about? Whether or not Christ was going to complete the atonement or decide not to. (Matthew 26:53)

So week 63 ends with the death of the Messiah.

There are 50 days between the resurrection and Pentecost. (That's 7 weeks.) Which means Pentecost would have been on a Sunday. Sunday is the "first day of the week". The day creation commenced. The day Christ rose from the dead. Daniel 9:27 calls Pentecost "the consummation". (Assuming you know what consummation means.)

Now, Exodus 22:16 compared to 1 Corinthians 7:36-38. The man has not "kept his virgin"; she is "beyond her flower". (She's not a virgin any longer; he slept with her.) Interestingly the passage says "He has not sinned, let them marry". (Reference back to Exodus 22:16 - the law only required non-espoused people who picked each other to be married. Verse 27 talks about the man whom it's not necessary for them to marry. (He's maintained control of himself.) He who takes her to marriage (because he's already consummated that relationship) does what is morally appropriate. But he who's not taken her prior to the ceremony has "done the more noble thing".

Interesting.... Jesus "consummated" His marriage to His bride before the "ceremony" (recreated heavens and earth). That "consummation" was Pentecost. The Holy Spirit permanently dwells within all believers. That is the source of the "seed" of Christ that produces "fruit" in the life of the believer. Created new life.

And that folks - is the metaphor of reproduction. That same reflection we see in the Song of Solomon.

That's only possible because God restrained Jesus in the flesh from the command to "be fruitful and multiply". And that's what Jesus is conveying in Matthew 19:12

So @2ndTimothyGroup : I pose the question one last time: Was Jesus struggling with "lust" or is that something else?

Have a good day!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Why not? Too contentious to be afraid that you'll learn something?
No. It's because I believe that the below Scripture applies to me, which is that I have been relieved of the captivity of Satan. My heart has been changed and I no longer desire to argue with anyone. It grieves my heart to do so.

2 Timothy 2:25-26 NLT - "Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people's hearts, and they will learn the truth. 26 Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil's trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants."

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This coworker has many life struggles. Poverty. Difficulty with their career growth. Difficulty in their own relationships. Family struggles in poverty, difficulty making friends because of their emotional trauma......

Thank you. That's part of the problem too. Church community could collectively help 100x what I could. In every capacity. But unfortunately she seems to be concerned about things like the problem of evil and issues related to patriarchy in local church circles. The social structure in conservative circles appears to have given a bad church impression and thus, though she professes to believe, she is not of any church community. I have been trying this angle regularly.

For me, it seems like an obvious solution. But for some, who may have had not the best past experiences, it doesn't seem clear to them.

She sounded just like me having gone through the same struggles and seeing evil in church and couldn't convince themselves nothing wrong is going on so have distanced themselves from the church.

Since the devil is the god of this world (1 John 5:19) it stands to reason that if you can make this evil out and stand against it, the devil will go against you. Attack you with many "misfortunes", poverty, hostility from close relatives, even debilitations including psychological trauma.

I've observed that Christians who are blind to evil are the ones who are most blessed (only proves the devil is really the god of this world). They can only recognize the plain forms of evil like drug addiction but oblivious to the subtle forms of evil that may be present in a church.

I'm telling these things to warn you. Because helping people like us could bring the wrath of the devil against you. You're not just dealing with another person who could serve well in church. You are dealing with the archenemies of the devil. Helping us is like stepping into the battlefield. Are you ready for the perfect storm?

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No. It's because I believe that the below Scripture applies to me, which is that I have been relieved of the captivity of Satan. My heart has been changed and I no longer desire to argue with anyone. It grieves my heart to do so.

2 Timothy 2:25-26 NLT - "Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people's hearts, and they will learn the truth. 26 Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil's trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants."
Well, if you've been "relieved by the captivity of Satan" and it "grieves (your) heart to argue". Why'd you get snotty with me when I answered your question?

And no where in any of this have I opposed the truth. Neither had you ever said that I did; or tried to "gently instruct" me on what ever error I'd allegedly committed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Well, if you've been "relieved by the captivity of Satan" and it "grieves (your) heart to argue". Why'd you get snotty with me when I answered your question?

And no where in any of this have I opposed the truth. Neither had you ever said that I did; or tried to instruct me on what ever error I'd allegedly committed.
Have a great day!

Upvote 0