A problem with my mental health and getting better.

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im just going to start this. Ive suffered with OCD my whole life. Im one of the rare cases where I actually never developed ocd, I was BORN with it. From the very beginning my parents recall seeing signs of it. ie, repetitive actions, rumination, etc.

Now I was an atheist for years. More then an atheist, I was actively trying to disprove God. Maybe one day God and I can have a good laugh at my stupidity, but I seriously was convinced I could disprove him. Looking back I just didnt want to be held responsible for my actions. Didnt want to admit I was a sinner, that I was wrong.

Anyways, for those of you who arent aware of how one recovers from OCD, they must ignore the symptoms and worries to convince the brain that they arent actually real. The issue arises when the lines between OCD symptoms and God communicating blur. You see for the last year or so I have experienced these beesting like sensations all over my body when I think certain thoughts. These sensations tell me that specific thought is false. The issue is, it has been right, everytime. This is scary to me, because I can no longer just write things off as "OCD". Does God ever communicate this way?

I have asked God if they are from him so so so many times to no response, I have also asked if it is him, for him to please stop communicating that way as its causing me immense stress. After that prayer they did go away for a few months, and then came right back in full swing.

I need some help. This is pure torture, I havent been productive in eight months cause im just so scared. I can't get past the fear. Please help me.

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think it would be unlikely that God would be trying to communicate with you verbally in such a way;

1. God has communicated with us through his word.
2. God would not be so unclear.
3. The communication God had through his spirit for the early church ceased early on (1 Cor 13:8, Heb 6:5)

It is possible to receive "messages" from our own thoughts such as with mental illness or from demonic sources. The Christian has resources to draw on;

1. Greater is he who is within you than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)
2. Taking thoughts captive (2 Cor 10:5)
3. Having the mind of Christ (Philp 2:5)
4. We cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom 8:37-39)

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is pure torture, I havent been productive in eight months cause im just so scared. I can't get past the fear. Please help me.

This line of your stuck out to me. This is not God doing this to you..

2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.../KJV

The Lord said other relevant things in scripture also. How about

Matthew 10:8
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.../KJV

Matthew 21:
18 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.

19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.../KJV

This says if you speak to your mountain (problem) then it shall be removed from you it shall be done. I think you should approach your problem spiritually since you a a Christian. WHenever Jesus healed someone in scripture, He didn't pray to God, Oh God, if it be thy will heal them! He did not do that. He spoke to their problems directly, or to a spirit that was possessing them. He had the authority to do that. But you are a Christian. You are in Christ and Christ is in you. So you have the authority too! Have you ever spoken to your problem as if it were a spirit/person and told it, you are not welcome here get out. It may be a spirit of Infirmity so cast it out from yourself with your God given authority over all evil. I'm not saying that you are possessed, but you could be vexed by a spirit. Which means hassled. Do you believe that you have authority over evil, in Jesus Name?

John 14:12
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.../KJV

Jesus raised the dead and cast out demons and healed many people. So you can too if you believe you can in Christ. So speak to your problems as if they are persons and tell them to leave in the name of Jesus.

Scripture even names one of your problem spirits!
2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.../KJV

So tell the spirit of fear to go away and never return in Jesus name. You sure have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Those beestings you get. Those are not from God. That's how spirits operate.

Matthew 7:
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?.../KJV

In other words, those beestings are not from God. Take authority over them in Jesus name!
That is how you should approach this is my belief.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The spirit of fear is one that everyone on earth is encouraged to believe in and fear. They do that with movies, news reports many ways. But the reality about the spirit of fear is that he just talks big but really isnt.

When we read scripture and we see that it repeats something, then we know that it was important and God wants us to sit up and take notice.

When I read that, it made me wonder, so I wonder what it is, which phrase or whatever is the phrase that is repeated in scripture more than any other phrase? Then we would have hold of what is one of the most important things, am I right?

So I googled it and it came up fast: Do Not Fear, Fear not!, I will fear no evil! Dont be Afraid! It's all over the bible one way or another. SO if you are experiencing fear, it is your choice to stop fearing and to stand upon the word of God. Have faith.

There are moments in life wherein we all are inspiried to fear. When I have a sudden fear come upon me, I realize it is the spirit of fear knocking on my door with lies. FEAR= False-Evidence-Appearing-Real. F-E-A-R. We have no reason to fear or to tell those voices to shut up and be gone in the name above all names, Yeshua the Christ. And then the fear goes away and my spirit is at peace. This is how I know that this peace is from God. No Brother, God does not communicate through sensations of beestings!

Go ahead and fact check me on what I have said and you will find it to be true.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Im just going to start this. Ive suffered with OCD my whole life. Im one of the rare cases where I actually never developed ocd, I was BORN with it. From the very beginning my parents recall seeing signs of it. ie, repetitive actions, rumination, etc.

Now I was an atheist for years. More then an atheist, I was actively trying to disprove God. Maybe one day God and I can have a good laugh at my stupidity, but I seriously was convinced I could disprove him. Looking back I just didnt want to be held responsible for my actions. Didnt want to admit I was a sinner, that I was wrong.

Anyways, for those of you who arent aware of how one recovers from OCD, they must ignore the symptoms and worries to convince the brain that they arent actually real. The issue arises when the lines between OCD symptoms and God communicating blur. You see for the last year or so I have experienced these beesting like sensations all over my body when I think certain thoughts. These sensations tell me that specific thought is false. The issue is, it has been right, everytime. This is scary to me, because I can no longer just write things off as "OCD". Does God ever communicate this way?

I have asked God if they are from him so so so many times to no response, I have also asked if it is him, for him to please stop communicating that way as its causing me immense stress. After that prayer they did go away for a few months, and then came right back in full swing.

I need some help. This is pure torture, I havent been productive in eight months cause im just so scared. I can't get past the fear. Please help me.
when I think certain thoughts.
Spend a lot of time in the Word of God.

Thoughts ... we often have very bizarre thoughts ... if they are bizarre dismiss them.

Self examination .... garbage in ... garbage out. Consider things are you exposing yourself to that are contradictory to the Word of God? If they are eliminate participating in them. Bad thoughts don't come from God. It is God's intent to quiet the mind ... change our thinking ... this takes time. There is no reason to fear God ... He wants to help you.

Just spend a lot of time with Him through prayer and through His written Word. The more one does this the closer one's relationship is with Him. Also, along with that the harder satan will attack ... but if one stands strong those attacks will lessen.

Fear is from the devil, and it's the enemy to our faith. It directly contradicts the Word. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind”(2 Timothy 1:7). When we're afraid to do something we know we should do, that's the time we must stop and reflect on this Scripture.

Just has been my experience. I'm certainly not perfect, and never will be ... but have extremely more peace of mind than I have ever had.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

I read your other thread (about the lust) too. Think of all the potential people who came to Jesus with diseases like syphilis asking to be healed. Did Jesus ever tell anyone: "No, I'm not going to heal you." (Not that's ever recorded in Scripture he didn't!

So.... if a friend of yours told you what you have just told us; do you believe that friend could be forgiven? And if so, why would you not be forgiven for the same issue(s)?

When I was your age, I too worried a lot about whether or not I was redeemed; because in my mind, the things I struggled with so much seemed so huge. But when I finally realized that: Yeah, I'm not less of a sinner than anyone else; but I'm also not more of a sinner either. Once the "normalcy" of my own human condition hit me; that "leveled the playing field" of the chances I had of being saved and I stopped worrying about it so much.

If God was going to redeem me; He was going to redeem me and He hadn't brought me this far to drop me on my head now.

That was the point I stopped obsessing over how bad I thought my issues were and it became easier to let go of the guilt. Of course the more I just let God "do His job" so to speak; the faster the behavior improved. And eventually my life circumstances changed and everything in my life took on a measure of moderation. And yes, some behaviors and thoughts eventually just "went away" and the struggle with others continued to improve.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0