Is touching yourself an inappropriate topic for discussion in this forum?

Is touching yourself an appropriate topic for this forum?

• No, it is not appropriate and should not be discussed here!

• Yes, it's ok to talk about in here.

• I don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Since we are at a point within the forum where you guys are able to make rules for your forum. I thought i might ask a probeing question, also out of curiousity.

Do you guys think that touching yourself is an appropriate topic for this forum?

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I feel yes it's okay to talk about. Long as there are so many threads about it at one time that it's gets out of hand maybe one big thread about it or if someone has a question they can ask but non-denomational forum should be just about our opinions on touching yourself though.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, as long as it doesn't get out of ... never mind.

Ok, you're bad! :preach: almost a Freudian slip, eh?

I didn't vote.... It's ok as long as it doesn't get out of control ;)
If threads get too nasty then mods can close them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LeliAne

Daughter of the King of Kings
Jun 21, 2007
New York State
Visit site
✟15,568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where is God in this discussion of masturbation?

Where is there biblical referrence to this "open minded topic?"

And did I just see a minor in this thread discussing sexual topics with adults?

Where are the parents of this individual claiming legal permission for them to participate in this thread?

What in the bleeping hades is everyone doing discussing this in a church thread when it should be discussed in health and body forums and of course with a Christian perspective and not a worldly, secular overtone to it?

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where is God in this discussion of masturbation?

Where is there biblical referrence to this "open minded topic?"

And did I just see a minor in this thread discussing sexual topics with adults?

Where are the parents of this individual claiming legal permission for them to participate in this thread?

What in the bleeping hades is everyone doing discussing this in a church thread when it should be discussed in health and body forums and of course with a Christian perspective and not a worldly, secular overtone to it?

You're right, if the thread (which I have not visited) is not being God centered and has a secular overtone why is it going on?
Actually the Bible doesn't mention touching yourself but since that act involves fantasy and Jesus says lusting after someone in your heart is equal to adultery then look at it from that perspective.
Hasn't anyone brought that up yet?

Upvote 0

LeliAne

Jun 21, 2007
New York State
Visit site
✟15,568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
There are no stupid questions.

Christians want to help each other... but before help comes discussion.

If a topic offends... don't "click" it. See how easy!?

His,
Rev

Your response to this thread is rude...You insult the intelligence of yourself and others when you reply with such insolence.

This is a forum to dicuss topics that are of christian, biblical amd faith based nature regarding the discipline of our faith in a Non-denominational manner. Minors contribute there questions and opinions to this forum and when the topic is explicit then there needs to be a closer monitoring source to regulate the converstation or we could be dabbling with felonious behavior that innocentely disguises itself with a christian label.

Tread lightly when talking about anything sexual when minors are on board..........It is illegal to have conversation with them regarding this topic it is called EXPLOITATION and if you think Im venting off steam to entertain the masses you're wrong check you Cyber laws regarding exploitation of a minor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LeliAne

Jun 21, 2007
New York State
Visit site
✟15,568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're right, if the thread (which I have not visited) is not being God centered and has a secular overtone why is it going on?
Actually the Bible doesn't mention touching yourself but since that act involves fantasy and Jesus says lusting after someone in your heart is equal to adultery then look at it from that perspective.

This thread has gotten out of hand. It has already split and has continued. I brought htis up in the first section of the thread and it was totally ignoreed as if I didnt post at all. Some changes to this Non-denom needs to be considered.

Upvote 0

LeliAne

Jun 21, 2007
New York State
Visit site
✟15,568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone can disguise themselves as trustworthy individuals that are participating in a dialogue with others in here and before you know it there predartory behavior clicks on and one of our children is exploited. DO NOT Trust ANYONE===Now is this point clear!:mad: :mad: :mad:

The Internet offers an array of entertainment and educational resources for children but also presents some risks. Approximately one in seven youths (10 to 17 years) experience a sexual solicitation or approach while online.1
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) is committed to helping all audiences — from kids to parents and guardians to law-enforcement officers and educators — learn the aspects of Internet safety.
You can’t watch kids every minute, but you can use strategies to help them benefit from the Internet and avoid its risks.

NCMEC urges you to do one of the single most important things to promote safety — talk to kids about the rewards and risks of Internet use. We also encourage you to visit the NetSmartz® Workshop at NetSmartz.org. Report any incidents of online child sexual exploitation to CyberTipline® at cybertipline.com.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Approximately one in seven youths (10 to 17 years) experience a sexual solicitation or approach while online.

I don't think that's accurate at all. Only 1 in 7? Well, maybe not sexual but at least flirtatious. From all the sex SPAM I've seen I would think it's more like 6 out of 7 or even 7/7 if anyone has been online any length of time. And you really don't want to see what some 16 and 17 year olds write themselves. Don't they know that kind of writing only encourages problems?
I remember the forum I met my wife on... there was a 15 year old girl posting and these 3 young guys were hitting on her and asking her for her address and phone # so they could "hook up." I had a female friend of mine write the girl and warn her about that sort of thing. And this was not just an isolated incident.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have brought up that point about lusting after other women, in the thread "Is Masturbation a Sin". I think masturbation is a topic that must be discussed because sins of the flesh are a topic that most churches won't touch, ever. Then the body of Christ is left to fend for themselves about what is right and personal truth then rears it's ugly head.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.