Is touching yourself an inappropriate topic for discussion in this forum?

Is touching yourself an appropriate topic for this forum?

• No, it is not appropriate and should not be discussed here!

• Yes, it's ok to talk about in here.

• I don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟33,129.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah I could. But someone needs to be the voice of reason here. There are many people here who are under the impression that touching yourself isn't even a sin. It's very clear that it is and discussions like this isn't appropriate. Period!

Upvote 0

Shiversblood

Civil rights activist
May 12, 2007
United States of America
✟17,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah I could. But someone needs to be the voice of reason here. There are many people here who are under the impression that touching yourself isn't even a sin. It's very clear that it is and discussions like this isn't appropriate. Period!
Maybe we should just agree to disagree.

Because I can't be convinced of something non-biblical.

Upvote 0

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟33,129.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe we should just agree to disagree.

Because I can't be convinced of something non-biblical.

Fine! Wallow in your sin like a pig wallows in the mud. But the fact is FORNICATION, ADULTRY, LUST, touching yourself..........that's all SIN! But I guess sin doesn't exist anymore, does it? There is no right and wrong, right? WHATEVER...

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:Rolls eyes:

A woman, and a Married man, are telling me its a sin.

But still, even If I was married, I still would do it from time to time.

A woman doesnt understand it fully because she is not male. And a married man, well he can have sex.

So its easier for you to dismiss it and say never to do it again in your whole life.

But God knows that isnt a realistic goal.
":Rolls eyes:

A woman, and a Married man, are telling me its a sin."

A married man who used to be in the same position you're in, and is speaking from experience, which you want to dismiss for some reason. Probably because you're a teenager who thinks he knows better. Typical.

"But still, even If I was married, I still would do it from time to time."

Why?

"A woman doesnt understand it fully because she is not male. And a married man, well he can have sex."

Women touch too. You're not as unique as you think you are.

"So its easier for you to dismiss it and say never to do it again in your whole life."

I said it's a sin, I have never commanded anyone to never do it again. If you now feel that you are being commanded to never do it again, it is not because of my words, but because the Holy Spirit is convicting you of your sinful behavior. He is pricking your conscience, not me.

"But God knows that isnt a realistic goal."

With God nothing is impossible or unrealisitc.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's just sterotypes. There are women in marriages who crave more sex than the husband. Believe me I watch Dr. Phil. There are many married women who want it more than men do. This isn't a gender issue. It's a human issue. It's the human condition to want to sin and whether you like it or not the bottom line is that this is sin.
"Believe me I watch Dr. Phil."

I will be praying for you. ;) :p

Upvote 0

DeanM

Jun 4, 2007
✟5,870.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
"God doesn't care if someone masterbaits or not. A few years ago when I was in highschool, my youth group went to a Christ camp. And one of those days a Person talked to us about Masterbaition being a sin. It was the first time me and my friends heard about it. So, from then on after we got back me and my friends vowed to stop touching yourself for the rest of our lives. And before school we would ask each other how many days had we done without doing it. Usually the number would be 10-20, then they masterbait and start at 0 again. It went on for some months. Then I finnaly came to the conclusion that there was no point for me to be doing this because, God does not care if you masterbait."

What other sins does God not care if you commit? Perhaps you don't understand how egregious and foul God considers sin to be. Remember telling one lie will send you straight to Hell. So where's your proof for your claim here that God does not care about masturbation?
One Lie?

Sorry to divert the topic at hand, but c'mon, Zec. What's the point in being saved then?

Upvote 0

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fine! Wallow in your sin like a pig wallows in the mud. But the fact is FORNICATION, ADULTRY, LUST, touching yourself..........that's all SIN! But I guess sin doesn't exist anymore, does it? There is no right and wrong, right? WHATEVER...

Its quite obvious that some people love their sin more then they love the Lord and will do or say anything to justify it. :sigh: but the sad part is that sin is always a sin unless repented of and washed away by The Lord.

Upvote 0

Shiversblood

Civil rights activist
May 12, 2007
United States of America
✟17,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Its quite obvious that some people love their sin more then they love the Lord and will do or say anything to justify it. :sigh: but the sad part is that sin is always a sin unless repented of and washed away by The Lord.

I don't love sin more then God. Its just that I don't see it as even being a sin. If you tried to tell a non-Christian to stop masterbaiting because it is wrong, he would laugh in your face, wonder if your serious, and then ask why is it bad. You would say the bible. But it isnt in the bible. You can bend some sciptures in a way to make it look like its talking about masterbaition, but it isn't talking about it all in my mind when I read the same exact scirpture.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was sort of neutral on this but I'm about ready to say it is NOT appropriate when I see 3 threads on the first page about this topic!
If we're going to have it can we consolidate the topic into one thread please?

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
One Lie?

Sorry to divert the topic at hand, but c'mon, Zec. What's the point in being saved then?
You confuse the time periods in question. Before you come to Christ one sin is enough to send you to Hell. That is my point. When we sin now, we are driven to repentance before God, we humble ourselves and cry out to Him, then He forgives us. The problem here is that people are engaged in sinful behavior and aren't even sorry about it or worried about it. It's like their hearts are hardening against God. Why? The only thing I can chalk it up to is that they're losing the war between the old nature of their flesh and their new spirit nature in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was sort of neutral on this but I'm about ready to say it is NOT appropriate when I see 3 threads on the first page about this topic!
If we're going to have it can we consolidate the topic into one thread please?
I agree, three threads about the same topic, with the same arguments being posted over and over, just clutters up the forum.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't love sin more then God. Its just that I don't see it as even being a sin. If you tried to tell a non-Christian to stop masterbaiting because it is wrong, he would laugh in your face, wonder if your serious, and then ask why is it bad. You would say the bible. But it isnt in the bible. You can bend some sciptures in a way to make it look like its talking about masterbaition, but it isn't talking about it all in my mind when I read the same exact scirpture.
"I don't love sin more then God. Its just that I don't see it as even being a sin. If you tried to tell a non-Christian to stop masterbaiting because it is wrong, he would laugh in your face, wonder if your serious, and then ask why is it bad."

But that's what you're doing, so what's the difference between you and a non-Christian?

"You would say the bible. But it isnt in the bible."

Sexual immorality is definitely in the Bible. Fornication is in the Bible. Adultery is in the Bible. All of these sins are tied to masurbation.

"You can bend some sciptures in a way to make it look like its talking about masterbaition, but it isn't talking about it all in my mind when I read the same exact scirpture."

Then ask the Holy Spirit in prayer to open your mind in new ways. Just because you don't see it as a sin now, doesn't mean you are not able to see it as a sin with a little divine revelation. I used to be you, and now I'm not. What changed? Getting married? Nope, that wasn't it. I took this to the Holy Spirit in prayer and asked for guidance. I was convicted of my sinful behavior. Try it, what do you have to lose?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.