Is there two set of rules one in church and one in the world?

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well - the answer is NO - There are no different sets of rules. Christianity isn't about "Rules" anyway, but about "Righteousness", JOY, and PEACE in the Holy Spirit. And THAT'S valid whether you're in Morning service, at your job, or chill'in out after dinner.

How you are behaviorally OUT of church, is likely to be who you REALLY are.

Simple as that.

Of course when I say rules I mean Laws. God's Law guides us and is key to a person coming to God, for with out it as Paul said the person would never know there own sin and need for Christ.

I don't know if it is who they really are. Often we get in the world and our faith is just not strong enough to follow as we do in church, but this is no excuse. How do we correct it? I think we all agree there is this issue within the church.

That is the question. Now take this Paul said Gentile cursed God because the Jews acted this way, He says this in Romans. So are we not guilty of the same thing?

blu

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Edial,

you had said the world forgives sin because it doesn't care, at least i think you said that. I disagree with that. Look at the media, it loves to cast a person from there status to below the creepy crawly things of the earth, and then their transgression is brought up again and again. The world destroys a person from falling short of the mark( that is what sin means in Hebrew to fall short of the mark). The world love to destroy as much as it loves to praise people for sexual sin. If a person promotes the sin of pleasure he or she is a hero, but break the law of poltics, and the will destroy you. That law is never get caught.

What do you think?

blu

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I would say not only do we disagree but God seems to disagree with you also. What I quoted God said we are not part of the world any more when we come to Him. You don't go back and forth between being saved and un saved.

blu

You seem to be confusing being worldly with being part of the world.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be confusing being worldly with being part of the world.

:confused: What do you think God meant? Well he did not mean we were no longer in the world because we are, so God must have meant worldly that we are no long worldly.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
:confused: What do you think God meant? Well he did not mean we were no longer in the world because we are, so God must have meant worldly that we are no long worldly.

To be worldly means that you do things that the world does. If you are saying that you don't do these things, then you are also saying that you are without sin.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To be worldly means that you do things that the world does. If you are saying that you don't do these things, then you are also saying that you are without sin.

I did not say it God did, and it doesn't mean I am with out sin either. That is a fallacy presents that there are only two possible conclusions.
John 15
18 “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you.

Seems your issue is with God, and you are preaching something other than Jesus. Paul said if someone comes preaching something other then what I preach not to listen to them. We are to compare what people preach with the word, the statements you have made does not measure up with the word of God. How do you answer that. Is this the church of Hammster?

blu

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I did not say it God did, and it doesn't mean I am with out sin either. That is a fallacy presents that there are only two possible conclusions.
John 15
18 “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you.

Seems your issue is with God, and you are preaching something other than Jesus. Paul said if someone comes preaching something other then what I preach not to listen to them. We are to compare what people preach with the word, the statements you have made does not measure up with the word of God. How do you answer that. Is this the church of Hammster?

blu

Is anger worldly? Is lying worldly? Is bitterness worldly? I say they are. If you disagree, what category would you put them in?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is anger worldly? Is lying worldly? Is bitterness worldly? I say they are. If you disagree, what category would you put them in?

If i drink a beer on occasion, it does not make me an alcoholic now does it. Just because sin is worldly and one falls to temptation and sin does not mean that person is sin, or worldly it means they partook of worldly things. Like you might say one partook of a meal of rotten fruit. Does not mean that person like rotten fruit or eats it all the time, and that is what is worldly is enjoying sin and the darkness, not falling to sin but liking it. So i disagree and God is on my side. Does not change the fact you are going against God's word. Why will you not even address the quote I posted. Either you are preaching against because you do not understand or because you are a false teacher or an unseen possibility, not saying you are either but that is what is coming across.

I fail to see your point in all this unless it is to argue. Seem you ask a lot of questions that lead no where and to no point. You have yet to quote any scripture to prove your point. In fact i have never seen you quote God's word ever I don't think, why is that?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If i drink a beer on occasion, it does not make me an alcoholic now does it. Just because sin is worldly and one falls to temptation and sin does not mean that person is sin, or worldly it means they partook of worldly things. Like you might say one partook of a meal of rotten fruit. Does not mean that person like rotten fruit or eats it all the time, and that is what is worldly is enjoying sin and the darkness, not falling to sin but liking it. So i disagree and God is on my side. Does not change the fact you are going against God's word. Why will you not even address the quote I posted. Either you are preaching against because you do not understand or because you are a false teacher or an unseen possibility, not saying you are either but that is what is coming across.

I fail to see your point in all this unless it is to argue. Seem you ask a lot of questions that lead no where and to no point. You have yet to quote any scripture to prove your point. In fact i have never seen you quote God's word ever I don't think, why is that?

I noticed that you avoided answering my questions and instead answered something I didn't ask. I didn't say anything about beer are alcoholism. Instead I get veiled insults.

Paul, arguably the greatest Christian of all time, still considered himself a wretch and the chief of all sinners. Yes, he was not of the world. In fact, he considered himself to be seated at the right hand of God (as should we all). But he wasn't deluded into thinking that he wasn't also worldly (because being worldly and being of the world aren't the same thing). He understood that we will still sin. Should we try to not be worldly? Absolutely. But every moment we take our eyes off of Christ we fail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's no surprise that today, there is a difference between church and State, as it's been separate for a long time now. And we see the repercussions of separating the two.

World Governments are now pretty much Godless and evil, pretending to do something benevolent when it's going to benefit them.

In my Province, the Premier ( or governor) is an open lesbian. And in politics, when isn't there scandals and deception, which is eventually leaked to the public?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I noticed that you avoided answering my questions and instead answered something I didn't ask. I didn't say anything about beer are alcoholism. Instead I get veiled insults.

Paul, arguably the greatest Christian of all time, still considered himself a wretch and the chief of all sinners. Yes, he was not of the world. In fact, he considered himself to be seated at the right hand of God (as should we all). But he wasn't deluded into thinking that he wasn't also worldly (because being worldly and being of the world aren't the same thing). He understood that we will still sin. Should we try to not be worldly? Absolutely. But every moment we take our eyes off of Christ we fail.

If I insult you please show me where so i can ask for forgiveness for my transgression. Other wise it is just a false accusation.

The beer store was call and analogy.

I flat out refuse to march when you say march or accept that you are some how above me in any way, which you comes across condescending, and i reject that.

So everyone has to answer your questions as you like but you are above answering other questions? Because i have asked you many questions you will not address, now you expect me to answer yours. God said do on to others as you would have done to you, and the measure you measure others with will be measure to you.

What do you have to say to the text that God says we are not part of this world. What about the question what is your point in all these questions. It certainly seems like I am being baited in to flaming at you? Because you have made no points at all. Do you think others have to answer your question but its ok for you to ignore others questions?

Your own words convict you, if its not ok for me not to answer your questions then its not ok for you not to answer mine.

I think we are done here I do not feel like playing your game. You make no points but ask leading questions and many of them are fallacies. It gets old. If you feel you can debate or you have a point fine, other wise i don't care to be question over and over with no point made. It feels interrogative.

Is it your desire to interrogator me?

So i think we are done you have not made a point in 15 pages, that is more than enough for me. any one else have something to add.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's no surprise that today, there is a difference between church and State, as it's been separate for a long time now. And we see the repercussions of separating the two.

World Governments are now pretty much Godless and evil, pretending to do something benevolent when it's going to benefit them.

In my Province, the Premier ( or governor) is an open lesbian. And in politics, when isn't there scandals and deception, which is eventually leaked to the public?

I agree with others that Christians should not be involved in politics. You have to lie to be in that area if not you will never go anywhere. Most people who claim to be Christians in politics really are not. God appoints people to those positions we need not worry about our leaders being Christians. We do need to worry about the Church. To many leaders in the church having no morals at all. to many thieves and murders claiming they are the Head of the Church.

It has been accepted even condoned the two behaviors in the church and in the world. People give in church and then see a homeless man and walk past him with out a thought.

If you ever want to see peoples true natures and how evil people really are when they think there will be no punishment or they can get away with something. Dress up as a homeless man and take to the streets. You'll find out real fast how cruel people really are. I had guys walking out of office buildings in suits spit on me as they walked by me. Now in what world is that ok to do to another human being. The hardest part was finding a place to sleep, because if people see you sleeping under a bush they come up and kick you and pee on you. People laugh at you coming out of bars and your walking the street looking to keep warm. Cops tell you you can't sleep there move on. The whole world turns against you because if you don't have people who care about you the world seeks to kill you and abuse you, because nothing will happen to the people who do this to you. You really learn to appreciate what Jesus went through. I would rather die then be homeless again, because being homeless is a fate worse than death.

Yet you can find many of these people in Church next Sunday.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I read a story of a pastor who got a job at a church with 10,000 members. He dressed up as a homeless man to see how they would treat him in the church. He went in the church and sat at the front, but the deacons asked him to move to the back row. They would not let him sit in the front row. He asked people for money to get coffee or a donut, no one gave him a penny. Finally service started and they announced the new preacher and called him up. Everyone was shocked to see the homeless man stand up and make his way to the front of the church and then take the stage. People had a hard time looking at him because of the shame they felt for how they treated him. All he said to them was this.

Mat 25

42 For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’

44 “Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’

45 “And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’

46 “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”

The pastor ended the service for the day on that note. Two set of rules does not work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I agree with others that Christians should not be involved in politics. You have to lie to be in that area if not you will never go anywhere. Most people who claim to be Christians in politics really are not. God appoints people to those positions we need not worry about our leaders being Christians. We do need to worry about the Church. To many leaders in the church having no morals at all. to many thieves and murders claiming they are the Head of the Church.

It has been accepted even condoned the two behaviors in the church and in the world. People give in church and then see a homeless man and walk past him with out a thought.

If you ever want to see peoples true natures and how evil people really are when they think there will be no punishment or they can get away with something. Dress up as a homeless man and take to the streets. You'll find out real fast how cruel people really are. I had guys walking out of office buildings in suits spit on me as they walked by me. Now in what world is that ok to do to another human being. The hardest part was finding a place to sleep, because if people see you sleeping under a bush they come up and kick you and pee on you. People laugh at you coming out of bars and your walking the street looking to keep warm. Cops tell you you can't sleep there move on. The whole world turns against you because if you don't have people who care about you the world seeks to kill you and abuse you, because nothing will happen to the people who do this to you. You really learn to appreciate what Jesus went through. I would rather die then be homeless again, because being homeless is a fate worse than death.

Yet you can find many of these people in Church next Sunday.

If we shouldn't have real Christians in our political system, it should tell us something about the people who run our Countries, doesn't it. I believe even my Prime Minister claims to be a Christian.

And I've been hearing a lot of churches have been making compromises, in order not to lose their flock, or just gain popularity with the lost people of the world. Really have to be careful about what church we pick these days.

That's awful. Sorry to hear you had to go through that.:o Absolutely sickening and disgusting! People who did that to you should be totally ashamed of themselves! And these same people have the gall to show up and pretend to be real Christians in church. Total hypocrisy!

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If I insult you please show me where so i can ask for forgiveness for my transgression. Other wise it is just a false accusation.

The beer store was call and analogy.

I flat out refuse to march when you say march or accept that you are some how above me in any way, which you comes across condescending, and i reject that.

So everyone has to answer your questions as you like but you are above answering other questions? Because i have asked you many questions you will not address, now you expect me to answer yours. God said do on to others as you would have done to you, and the measure you measure others with will be measure to you.

What do you have to say to the text that God says we are not part of this world. What about the question what is your point in all these questions. It certainly seems like I am being baited in to flaming at you? Because you have made no points at all. Do you think others have to answer your question but its ok for you to ignore others questions?

Your own words convict you, if its not ok for me not to answer your questions then its not ok for you not to answer mine.

I think we are done here I do not feel like playing your game. You make no points but ask leading questions and many of them are fallacies. It gets old. If you feel you can debate or you have a point fine, other wise i don't care to be question over and over with no point made. It feels interrogative.

Is it your desire to interrogator me?

So i think we are done you have not made a point in 15 pages, that is more than enough for me. any one else have something to add.

I have addressed your point repeatedly. You think that being of the world and being worldly are the same thing. I'm trying to show you that they aren't. The method I've used is to ask questions that, if answered, would demonstrate this. However, you've done what you can to avoid answering, including the above personal attack (which looks worldly).

You say I've made no points, which is inaccurate, because my point has not wavered. Abraham sinned. Abraham was worldly when he didn't trust God. And we are worldly as well when we take our eyes off God. You seem to reject that. Not much I can do about that.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is it wrong to do this?

It is still upon you to show scripture that states when Abraham lied, and how God (not a worldly person) rebuked him for lying. Any scripture saying that Abraham did something that God considered sin (not you) will be something toward answering.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It is still upon you to show scripture that states when Abraham lied, and how God (not a worldly person) rebuked him for lying. Any scripture saying that Abraham did something that God considered sin (not you) will be something toward answering.

I never said God rebuked him for lying. And I think most everyone should agree that telling a half-truth is a whole lie. Apparently not everyone, though.

Upvote 0