Is there two set of rules one in church and one in the world?

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
never thought of it that way. But plenty of people play ball and get destroyed.
No. :) Only the stupid ones get destroyed. :)
To make it in the world you have to worship the world.
The stupid ones try to become wealthy OFF the world, by using the world, and Satan does not like that. :)
He wants worship and total obedience.

when evil is through with you it torturer you, but that does not seem scriptural because Jesus said satan house was not divided. Maybe it just appears like an attack or the person starts to try to break away from the world. Or is it God calling to them to come out from the world? I am not really sure what do you think.
Can you explain this better?

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No. :) Only the stupid ones get destroyed. :)
To make it in the world you have to worship the world.
The stupid ones try to become wealthy OFF the world, by using the world, and Satan does not like that. :)
He wants worship and total obedience.

Can you explain this better?

Ever read the book bondage breaker? In there a devil worship convert to Christianity. I thought what made him change his mind? After the torture he got for converting I wonder if he had been before. I have heard of satan worshipers doing horrible things to them selves, like drink and eating human waste. Those people are already in hell and don't see God has turn them over to satan, they very much are being tortured. I have heard of preachers who I believe were not saved get crushed by evil. I mean satan does take pleasure in the torment of others no? To my understand we follow God out of love and hell follows satan out of fear. There must be punishment to have fear no?

maybe that is what it is punishment?

I am saved, so i guess torture is to be expected, but I have been very much tortured by evil. Just last night I had a dream where I was battling satan, and Jesus spoke through me with a voice of a thousand Angels and rebuked him. He pop up as something else in my dream but God gave me sight, I knew it was him with what every form he took. I found my self quoting to him what Jesus said in the wildness to him. I don't remember the temptations but i remember Jesus being with me and showing me the answers.

When i go home it will be long time coming. I don't understand why I am so tortured though. i am special because I am God's but no more than my Brother or Sisters. so why am i singled out? Why do I have to fight so hard?

Just questions I have which have not been answered.

blu

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ever read the book bondage breaker? In there a devil worship convert to Christianity. I thought what made him change his mind? After the torture he got for converting I wonder if he had been before. I have heard of satan worshipers doing horrible things to them selves, like drink and eating human waste. Those people are already in hell and don't see God has turn them over to satan, they very much are being tortured. I have heard of preachers who I believe were not saved get crushed by evil. I mean satan does take pleasure in the torment of others no? To my understand we follow God out of love and hell follows satan out of fear. There must be punishment to have fear no?

maybe that is what it is punishment?

I am saved, so i guess torture is to be expected, but I have been very much tortured by evil. Just last night I had a dream where I was battling satan, and Jesus spoke through me with a voice of a thousand Angels and rebuked him. He pop up as something else in my dream but God gave me sight, I knew it was him with what every form he took. I found my self quoting to him what Jesus said in the wildness to him. I don't remember the temptations but i remember Jesus being with me and showing me the answers.

When i go home it will be long time coming. I don't understand why I am so tortured though. i am special because I am God's but no more than my Brother or Sisters. so why am i singled out? Why do I have to fight so hard?

Just questions I have which have not been answered.

blu
OK.
If you are being oppressed by the evil one we should always go back to the basics of the spiritual warfare - Lord's Prayer.

Always bounce everything off this part ...

Forgive my sins as I have forgiven others who sinned against me
And lead me not into temptation
Am deliver me from the evil one.

This is how this works ... and this could to be discussed in a more private setting. :)

1. If you do not forgive someone in a certain area, whatever you do wrong in that same area would not be forgiven you.

2. If it is not forgiven, it means God will lead you into temptation. God does not tempt, but He does lead into temptation (Mt 4), puts you in Satan's territory.

3. Then Satan is on your case.

About dreams - if you develop a habit of actually remembering to call the name of Jesus in your dreams, these characters usually get unmasked, disappear or run away. :)

Thanks, :)
Ed

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
OK.
If you are being oppressed by the evil one we should always go back to the basics of the spiritual warfare - Lord's Prayer.

Always bounce everything off this part ...

Forgive my sins as I have forgiven others who sinned against me
And lead me not into temptation
Am deliver me from the evil one.

This is how this works ... and this could to be discussed in a more private setting. :)

1. If you do not forgive someone in a certain area, whatever you do wrong in that same area would not be forgiven you.

2. If it is not forgiven, it means God will lead you into temptation. God does not tempt, but He does lead into temptation (Mt 4), puts you in Satan's territory.

3. Then Satan is on your case.

About dreams - if you develop a habit of actually remembering to call the name of Jesus in your dreams, these characters usually get unmasked, disappear or run away. :)

Thanks, :)
Ed

This has been going on sense 99 when I got into a Spiritual battle with devil worshipers.

That is not always true Edial, remember Job? His friends were sure Job deserved it that he must have done something wrong to earn this punishment. Job never did anything wrong it was a test.

I have worked with a church on this issue, while it corrected some of it not all of it. What I find works is the rebukes Jesus gave. Also exposing the temptation and how it relates to transgression against God law with out accusing. Jesus and the Angels are always very careful not to accuse. So if the spirit was whispering in my ear to steal, the rebuke would be it is written Thou Shall Not Steal.

blu

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
3 John: 1. 2. Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3. For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 4. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. - Bible Offline

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This has been going on sense 99 when I got into a Spiritual battle with devil worshipers.

That is not always true Edial, remember Job? His friends were sure Job deserved it that he must have done something wrong to earn this punishment. Job never did anything wrong it was a test.
Not really. :)
The issue with Job was he was claiming he had not sinned and only later on he admitted he was a sinner.
This is the issue all of us face.:)

We rely on our legalistic righteousness (we do everything right) like Job was. And indeed he was called 'blameless'. But this word in Hebrew indicates blamelessness in a context of Law, not blamelessness of heart.

If you go back to the Lord's Prayer and work on what I pointed out, this should go away.

However, some people enjoy spiritual conflicts. They look forwards to it so they may rebuke or do things like that.
If you are one of those, I cannot help you. :)
If you want it to stop I can help you.

I have worked with a church on this issue, while it corrected some of it not all of it. What I find works is the rebukes Jesus gave. Also exposing the temptation and how it relates to transgression against God law with out accusing. Jesus and the Angels are always very careful not to accuse. So if the spirit was whispering in my ear to steal, the rebuke would be it is written Thou Shall Not Steal.

blu
I understand, but what this is is a conflict and that church might have taught you how to fight. Good.

But you do not need to go through all this. :)

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not really. :)
The issue with Job was he was claiming he had not sinned and only later on he admitted he was a sinner.
This is the issue all of us face.:)

We rely on our legalistic righteousness (we do everything right) like Job was. And indeed he was called 'blameless'. But this word in Hebrew indicates blamelessness in a context of Law, not blamelessness of heart.

If you go back to the Lord's Prayer and work on what I pointed out, this should go away.

However, some people enjoy spiritual conflicts. They look forwards to it so they may rebuke or do things like that.
If you are one of those, I cannot help you. :)
If you want it to stop I can help you.

I understand, but what this is is a conflict and that church might have taught you how to fight. Good.

But you do not need to go through all this. :)

no i don't enjoy it.

Those that said Job deserved it were in the wrong as pointed out in the book. Job forgot him self at the end and barked at God.

But let get back to what you said. so you are suggesting i have not forgiven some one for something? I don't really for give my mother or brother, but they have not ask and admit no wrong doing. I try but there is alot of anger about the abuse. Other than that i can not think of anyone.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul said Gentile cursed God because the Jews acted this way, He says this in Romans. So are we not guilty of the same thing?

Of course. The Public Testimony of the "Visible Church Generic" doesn't MEAN SPIT!!! It's not taken seriously, and our Government is doing its level BEST to get the knowledge of God OUT of U.S. Society.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Often we get in the world and our faith is just not strong enough to follow as we do in church

OF course no "Faith" is required in Church, it's out on the world where it's needed.

Like Peter - in Jesus presence, he swore undying support and loyalty, and then when the TEST came, he tossed Jesus under the Bus with no hesitation.

99% of what the church CALLS "FAITH" isn't.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of what you hope for, and the EVIDENCE of what you don't see.

If what YOU call "Faith" doesn't have both of those absolute characteristics, it ain't "faith" at all - period.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Isn't there only one Ruler, and His Law is broken in it's entirety when broken in one point? If we are breaking His Law in Church in one way, and out of Church in another way, how can that be considered to be under two different sets of rules when it is all one Law under one Law giver?

Yes we are always sinners and always guilty of breaking His law...but I don't see how we can say we follow different sets of rules for different places. If we are breaking his law outside of Church, we need to get on our knees and confess it in church and then stop doing it when we are outside of the church, right? I admit my sins and faults at any time they come to my attention no matter where I am. I only see one Law, one set of rules, one Ruler over all.

And I thank Him for not dealing with me according to my sins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
no i don't enjoy it.

Those that said Job deserved it were in the wrong as pointed out in the book. Job forgot him self at the end and barked at God.

But let get back to what you said. so you are suggesting i have not forgiven some one for something? I don't really for give my mother or brother, but they have not ask and admit no wrong doing. I try but there is alot of anger about the abuse. Other than that i can not think of anyone.

Friend, I really appreciate the way you hung in there and hashed things out with me. That takes courage and strength like a lion. You manned up and did not back down and I respect you for that, and I saw your sincerity in your prayers...

I have had to deal with bitterness of a hard life myself, and still do. you have to forgive them even if they will never say sorry and will never know your forgiveness. In forgiving them, you gain freedom. Whenever the resentments come to mind, the quicker you say "I forgive them" the quicker you move into greater freedom. I saw some truly amazing things happen every time my determination to forgive those who had hurt me became stronger or marked in memorable events of prayer that I would be forgiving of them as God for Christ's sake has forgiven me. Things may not change fast, but as long as you are decided to forgive and you make that willful effort to forgive, even if it only means saying in prayer, "God, I forgive them", or saying about them to yourself in your own thoughts "I forgive you" or "I forgive them"......things will change for better. I have a long way to go, but some real mountains from bitterness disappeared from my heart and life. Rejections have to be forgiven. Anger will eat you up, it's the same root word as "angina" which refers to heart pain. It will kill you sooner or later after hardened by time, hardening your arteries and causing angina. I love being here, it's helping me to learn how to not be bitter, be kind, compassionate, forgiving, all the good things about living in Christ which tend to good health and long life.

I'm praying for you and covet your prayers.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know about "rules", but there are social standards that are different. For instance, kids. I let my kids run through the house, but not at church. They are loud at home, but not at church. But that's not just at church. It's at the store as well.

Unless there are some specific "rules" the OP has in mind, I'd say that there will always be different behaviors at church than there are at home.

Good answer. I hope I am not wrong in building on your answer. There are different behaviors in different places. Your kids follow one set of rules for both places, and that is your set of rules which allow or demand different behaviors in different places.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Pretty sure that's not right. But even if it is, I think you are stretching the whole Father thing.

Good for you Mr. Hammster in saying "pretty sure" that's not right. In this, you show kindness allowing for differing opinions.

I have to agree with the Lion on this one, as long as he doesn't feel it gives him the right to eat the Hammster. If we are born again, born into God's family, we are adopted children, by faith the children of Abraham, joint-heirs with Jesus with His Father as our Father. Isaac was Abraham's heir by God's promise which overruled the law of the firstborn son, Ishmael, having inheritance rights. The same happened with Jacob who was born after Esau, Esau having the natural birthright but the promise of God came through Jacob.

We are God's children through His promise, the spiritual children of Abraham.

I know I"m jumping in late, reading through the old posts and hope I'm not interfering or resurrecting a dog which should have been left for dead.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I often wish T.V. was not so non Christian these days. A movie can be just as good with out swearing, or sex sense, or huge amounts of violence. Most these things are used to make up for a poor script and talent.

Good point:clap:

I gave my tv away. No more tv in my house. It was like I threw ten devils out the window. No amount of soap and bleach could have cleaned my house as much as disposing of my tv cleaned it. I got sick of looking at all the women dressing like elite prostitutes, low cut dresses and short skirts on covergirl models...and then they play sleezy songs along with it. I call that stuff worldy, ungodly, unholy, and I got tired of constantly trying to filter the bad out so I could get something good.

What in the world is more worldly than television? I'll never have tv in my house again. This computer is dedictated to the Lord for His service and my growth as a Christian. Sometimes the ads with women in sexually provocative poses are terrible and sometimes I think maybe I'm making an idol of this computer.....at least I have a lot more control over what is put in my face and ears with the computer

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You pray you catch the bus why your running as fast as you can to catch it.

You pray to God to draw close to Him while your doing everything in your power to draw close to Him. Faith with out works is dead, you should read James.

A friend had a sign in his boat, picture of a storm coming or the boat sinking, something like that...the caption said "pray toward heaven and row toward shore"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums