Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since both David and Noah are listed in Hebrews 11, I think it’s safe to say they are both in glory with Christ.
Yes!? Is your understanding then their sins were of no offense to God?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The Greeks pursue wisdom of the world, the Jews want signs. What God wants is for them to pursue the wisdom of God that comes through faith. How is that the same thing as Greeks seeking wisdom of the world? Paul is again showing salvation is through faith, not by worldly wisdom, not by signs (and not by works Rom 9:31).

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
— 1 Corinthians 1:21
I’m not sure how you aren’t seeing it. Yes, God justified believers (that’s what’s meant by saving in vs 21).
but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone,
— Romans 9:31-32
I’m not sure why you posted this. If you read all of 9 you’ll see that they didn’t have faith because God didn’t show all of Israel mercy.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes!? Is your understanding then their sins were of no offense to God?
You are having two different categories. There’s a difference between eternal punishment and temporal discipline. Plus, it never says that Noah sinned.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So why doesn’t it work?
It means that being born again/salvation isn't a done deal such that a believer can't possibly die all over again. If one persistently fails to walk by the Spirit they won't be entering heaven.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are having two different categories. There’s a difference between eternal punishment and temporal discipline.
Of course, but the question we are discussing is if all sins are equally offensive to God. You say they are, I say they aren't.
Plus, it never says that Noah sinned.
No, but we know from from Scripture getting drunk is a sin ...

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m not sure how you aren’t seeing it. Yes, God justified believers (that’s what’s meant by saving in vs 21).
I agree with you it's the called who will understand, but we don't agree on who the called are, on what basis they are called and what they are called for. You believe they are called for salvation, I believe they are called to live a holy life.
I’m not sure why you posted this. If you read all of 9 you’ll see that they didn’t have faith because God didn’t show all of Israel mercy.
I don't know where you see that in Rom 9, but maybe that is for another discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Of course, but the question we are discussing is if all sins are equally offensive to God. You say they are, I say they aren't.
Did Christ die equally for all sin?
No, but we know from from Scripture getting drunk is a sin ...
Okay, when did God tell Noah?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you it's the called who will understand, but we don't agree on who the called are, on what basis they are called and what they are called for. You believe they are called for salvation, I believe they are called to live a holy life.
Everyone is called to live a holy life.
I don't know where you see that in Rom 9, but maybe that is for another discussion.
Possibly.

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did Christ die equally for all sin?
Yes! There is only one remedy for sin, it's equal for all sin no matter the severity.
Okay, when did God tell Noah?
When did God tell Cain not to murder? Cain had the moral law written in his heart and so had Noah, but it does not have to be Noah. There are other examples. When the apostles disputed over who of them was the greatest (Luke 22:24), was their sin equally offensive to God as David murdering Bathsheba's husband?
Everyone is called to live a holy life.
Only believers are called/elect to live a holy life. Unbelievers are not called/elect at all.
Possibly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes! There is only one remedy for sin, it's equal for all sin no matter the severity.
Well, we agree on something. :)
When did God tell Cain not to murder? Cain had the moral law written in his heart and so had Noah, but it does not have to be Noah. There are other examples. When the apostles disputed over who of them was the greatest (Luke 22:24), was their sin equally offensive to God as David murdering Bathsheba's husband?
We know Cain sinned because God said Cain sinned. Noah was never chastised.
Only believers are called/elect to live a holy life. Unbelievers are not called/elect at all.
The command is for everyone to repent. The command is to be perfect for God is perfect. The command is to be holy for God is holy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums