Is there two set of rules one in church and one in the world?

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It is what God thinks that is most important, and there is plenty of what God said about Abraham throughout the scriptures to find the truth on the matter.

Did He ever say that he needed a Savior?

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your question (Though there's no question here).
It is still upon you to show scripture that states when Abraham lied, and how God (not a worldly person) rebuked him for lying. Any scripture saying that Abraham did something that God considered sin (not you) will be something toward answering.
My response.
I never said God rebuked him for lying. And I think most everyone should agree that telling a half-truth is a whole lie. Apparently not everyone, though.
Your response.
It is what God thinks that is most important, and there is plenty of what God said about Abraham throughout the scriptures to find the truth on the matter.
Since there was nothing to reply to, I asked the question I've been asking for days.
Did He ever say that he needed a Savior?
Your avoidance, once again.
Does not answer the direct question I asked many times now, but does serve to change the direction or focus.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have addressed your point repeatedly. You think that being of the world and being worldly are the same thing. I'm trying to show you that they aren't. The method I've used is to ask questions that, if answered, would demonstrate this. However, you've done what you can to avoid answering, including the above personal attack (which looks worldly).

You say I've made no points, which is inaccurate, because my point has not wavered. Abraham sinned. Abraham was worldly when he didn't trust God. And we are worldly as well when we take our eyes off God. You seem to reject that. Not much I can do about that.

you do a lot of accusing but show no proof. How did I attack you? and I asked you to show how I had offended you so if guilty, I could repent, but you have not done that.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your question (Though there's no question here).
My response.

Your response.

Since there was nothing to reply to, I asked the question I've been asking for days.

Your avoidance, once again.

i answered this question along time ago with no one said or implied Abraham did not sin. I think everyone knows that Abraham was counted under the Blood of Christ, so he did. The question is condescending. No one wants to answer your questions because you try to lead people in to saying what you want instead of what they feel or think. So when people don't want you leading them like a child, you get what you have.

Abraham sin is non issue, first you said Abraham was a lair but have back out of that now I guess, that was the issue. Now you say it is whether or not in the world means worldly. You will not present your case but play a game trying to lead me in to stating your positions. You are not my teach nor do i accept you as one. If you want to debate as equals with respect fine, but stop the teaching game. I do not hold you above me in any way shape or form know that.

Maybe me and you should just not speak to each other what do you think? Because it is the same thing over and over again. You and another think you are my teacher and have expressed that view. I don't want your teaching. My teachers are held to a vary high standard i do not let any one teach me, and frankly you do not have the education or authority to teach me. Not an attack just how I feel, so I hope you will put it to rest now.

You have been off topic for all this thread care to get back on it? Or start your own thread. Thanks
blu

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
i answered this question along time ago with no one said or implied Abraham did not sin. I think everyone knows that Abraham was counted under the Blood of Christ, so he did. The question is condescending. No one wants to answer your questions because you try to lead people in to saying what you want instead of what they feel or think. So when people don't want you leading them like a child, you get what you have.

Abraham sin is non issue, first you said Abraham was a lair but have back out of that now I guess, that was the issue. Now you say it is whether or not in the world means worldly. You will not present your case but play a game trying to lead me in to stating your positions. You are not my teach nor do i accept you as one. If you want to debate as equals with respect fine, but stop the teaching game. I do not hold you above me in any way shape or form know that.

Maybe me and you should just not speak to each other what do you think? Because it is the same thing over and over again. You and another think you are my teacher and have expressed that view. I don't want your teaching. My teachers are held to a vary high standard i do not let any one teach me, and frankly you do not have the education or authority to teach me. Not an attack just how I feel, so I hope you will put it to rest now.

You have been off topic for all this thread care to get back on it? Or start your own thread. Thanks
blu

That wasn't addressed to you. And there was a reason I asked him the question. And since it's a simple question, I don't know why he avoids answering.

And, for what it's worth, my questions are not for teaching purposes. They are cross-examination questions. That's where you get to ask your opponent a question to expose the weakness in their argument. So I can see why people bristle when I ask them. If they were more secure in what they believed, it wouldn't be a problem.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That wasn't addressed to you. And there was a reason I asked him the question. And since it's a simple question, I don't know why he avoids answering.

And, for what it's worth, my questions are not for teaching purposes. They are cross-examination questions. That's where you get to ask your opponent a question to expose the weakness in their argument. So I can see why people bristle when I ask them. If they were more secure in what they believed, it wouldn't be a problem.

Oh cross examination like at a trail, so we are in a court room and your are the prosecution? Why would you ever want to prosecute your Brothers and Sisters?

So thank you for answering my question, this is an integration, same tactic cops use. Is it any wonder people feel attack or respond hostel? You put them on trail in your own court room for there thoughts and feelings. You give your self authority that has not been give to you by God.

Thanks that explains a lot.

blu

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Oh cross examination like at a trail, so we are in a court room and your are the prosecution? Why would you ever want to prosecute your Brothers and Sisters?

So thank you for answering my question, this is an integration, same tactic cops use. Is it any wonder people feel attack or respond hostel? You put them on trail in your own court room for there thoughts and feelings. You give your self authority that has not been give to you by God.

Thanks that explains a lot.

blu

You brought up debate. Cross examination is part of a debate. It's not prosecution. I know I'm not your teacher. But that doesn't mean you can learn a thing or two. And if people respond in a hostile (not hostel) fashion, that is not my fault. I cannot control how people choose to respond.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Avid
... Sara was his sister. God never rebukes him for it. It was no lie...
... anyone who can, should to show where God rebuked Abraham as if he had displeased God, or as if God considered this a lie. I did not bring this up, but I'll press the issue till we properly address it.
From Post #86, I have awaited anyone showing scripture to prove the assertion that has been made. I had begun stating the point in Post #59. Hammster began addressing me directly in Post #92.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Avid
... Sara was his sister. God never rebukes him for it. It was no lie...

From Post #86, I have awaited anyone showing scripture to prove the assertion that has been made. I had begun stating the point in Post #59. Hammster began addressing me directly in Post #92.

Does God rebuke Abraham for anything?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You brought up debate. Cross examination is part of a debate. It's not prosecution. I know I'm not your teacher. But that doesn't mean you can learn a thing or two. And if people respond in a hostile (not hostel) fashion, that is not my fault. I cannot control how people choose to respond.

I never said I could not learn, what I said, is you are not my teacher.

here is a formal rules for a debate by the government education department.

TN 24: The Inquiry Process (Conducting Research)
• TN 25: Persuasive Writing
• TN 33: Articulate Perspectives on Issues
• TN 34: Dealing with Controversial Issues
• TN 37: Critical Thinking in Social Studies

here is the link if you would like to read more.

http://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/cur/socstud/frame_found_sr2/tns/tn-13.pdf

see i happen to know a thing or to about debates as I am in college and have 10 years in college training, so I have debated alot. Fact is cross examination is done in court rooms and in integration not debates it is a court room term, and integration is the term for being interviewed by cops. It is done to expose a guilty party who maybe lying.

cross–examination
noun cross–ex·am·i·na·tion \ˈkrȯs-ig-ˌza-mə-ˈnā-shən\
Definition of CROSS-EXAMINATION

: the examination of a witness who has already testified in order to check or discredit the witness's testimony, knowledge, or credibility — compare direct examination

When the lawyer for the plaintiff or the government has finished questioning a witness, the lawyer for the defendant may then cross-examine the witness. Cross-examination is generally limited to questioning only on matters that were raised during direct examination. Leading questions may be asked during cross-examination, since the purpose of cross-examination is to test the credibility of statements made during direct examination. Another reason for allowing leading questions is that the witness is usually being questioned by the lawyer who did not originally call him or her, so it is likely that the witness will resist any suggestion that is not true. When a lawyer calls an adverse or hostile witness (a witness whose relationship to the lawyer’s client is such that his testimony is likely to be prejudicial) on direct examination, the lawyer can ask leading questions as on cross-examination.

here is the link if you would like to learn more.How Courts Work | Public Education

I probably am one of the top 10 people on this site with the most college education. I know my education has been attacked over and over again, and even my writing, because I do not write formal on here. I am bad at spelling, you and others seem to think I am of low education. You said I could learn something from you. That is an arrogant statement. I do not rule out I could learn something from you and never said I could not. What i said is you are not my teacher. Your comment has ruled out the possibility that you could learn from me. Your comment is once again condescending. You might speak to a child this way but not an adult, there in lies your issue. So do you see now why i do not appreciate to debate with you?

blu

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And you should Google "cross examination in debates". You might learn something. And you should know that a 10 year education doesn't make one smart.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... God tells the king where he was wrong. God tells him what to do, and who to see about fixing the thing that was wrong. It is upon you in this pursuit to show God saying anything of that sort to Abraham. Even showing that God told Abimelech to tell Abraham he was wrong would be SOMETHING!
From #103

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And you should Google "cross examination in debates". You might learn something. And you should know that a 10 year education doesn't make one smart.

oh so the you don't think I am smart? I don't really care if you do or not, but that would make me higher up in the church then you now won't it? That's you answer no I'm not you are, reminds me of children I know you are but what am I thing.

How about we agree not to speak to each other because obvious are conversation are not fruit full. But you would not respect that would you? I'll wait for your answer before i just put you on ignore Oh wait you are a mod and can not do that? so can you just leave me alone please. i am tired of trying to work it out with you. You accuse me of things and then when i ask for proof you show none, like your arguments you present no evinced.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
oh so the you don't think I am smart? I don't really care if you do or not, but that would make me higher up in the church then you now won't it? That's you answer no I'm not you are, reminds me of children I know you are but what am I thing.

How about we agree not to speak to each other because obvious are conversation are not fruit full. But you would not respect that would you? I'll wait for your answer before i just put you on ignore Oh wait you are a mod and can not do that? so can you just leave me alone please. i am tired of trying to work it out with you. You accuse me of things and then when i ask for proof you show none, like your arguments you present no evinced.

I never said you were not smart. Just that 10 years of school doesn't make one so.

You can not respond to me. Your choice. But I will continue to point out the many errors in your theology when I see them.

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Edial,

you had said the world forgives sin because it doesn't care, at least i think you said that. I disagree with that. Look at the media, it loves to cast a person from there status to below the creepy crawly things of the earth, and then their transgression is brought up again and again. The world destroys a person from falling short of the mark( that is what sin means in Hebrew to fall short of the mark). The world love to destroy as much as it loves to praise people for sexual sin. If a person promotes the sin of pleasure he or she is a hero, but break the law of poltics, and the will destroy you. That law is never get caught.

What do you think?

blu
The world destroys as long as you are not on it's side.
Once you sing the same tune the world would cover up any sin you commit.
It can even make you a President ... now that it has something on you. :)

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The world destroys as long as you are not on it's side.
Once you sing the same tune the world would cover up any sin you commit.
It can even make you a President ... now that it has something on you. :)

never thought of it that way. But plenty of people play ball and get destroyed. when evil is through with you it torturer you, but that does not seem scriptural because Jesus said satan house was not divided. Maybe it just appears like an attack or the person starts to try to break away from the world. Or is it God calling to them to come out from the world? I am not really sure what do you think.

Upvote 0